Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 15 yr school girl stabbed to death Croydon

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
News coming out of a 15 yr old school girl stabbed to death by her previous boyfriend who is a teenager .

Apparently she told him she didn’t want to see him anymore & he pulled out a machete and killed her .

What sort of ‘ human beings ‘ walk about with machetes on them .

Anyone caught with one should be automatically locked up for 5 years .

I know it’s Croydon, and parts of it are very rough but surely the police can’t allow this to continue .

RIP poor girl .

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
On my old road in East croydon a teenager was stabbed to death then a month later another teen was stabbed to death at the vigil held on the same road!

I don't think Croydon is quite as bad as these stories suggest but there's clearly a huge issue that needs addressing.

Teen knife murders are happening everywhere, there was one in Bournemouth last month.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Absolutely terrible news , just why are machetes so common in London now when there is little agriculture where they might be useful.
It was reported that the pillion passenger that survived a collision with another vehicle during a police chase the other day was also carrying one .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry to have to say this, and I know the very thought of deterrent sentences will outrage some, but I'm afraid it's time to consider sentences that really will deter young men from, for instance, purchasing a machete or other weapons.

RIP the poor girl, and sympathy to her parents, family and friends.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Absolutely terrible news , just why are machetes so common in London now when there is little agriculture where they might be useful.
It was reported that the pillion passenger that survived a collision with another vehicle during a police chase the other day was also carrying one .
When I lived in Trinidad in the early 2000s, 'choppings' by badjohns with machetes were becoming a lot more common in burglaries and disputes. People carrying machetes around the streets (they had to be covered in a sheath or wrapped in newspaper) was a common sight as they were being used legitimately by gardeners, coconut sellers and agricultural workers. I even bought one myself (made in Birmingham!) for slashing back the rampant vegetation and for obtaining mangoes and coconuts.

I'm guessing that youth here are importing the 'badjohn' use of them as I saw no mangoes or coconut trees when I visited Selhurst Park last Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Knife crime is not a new phenomenon. In the 1930s and 40s there were razor gangs in Brighton.
In the 50s, there were teddy boys with flick knives.
I remember a woman being stabbed by her husband in the 70s. I worked with her.

The number of police has been reduced and not replaced, so cannot cope with the amount of crime being committed, and neither can the Criminal Justice System.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sorry to have to say this, and I know the very thought of deterrent sentences will outrage some, but I'm afraid it's time to consider sentences that really will deter young men from, for instance, purchasing a machete or other weapons.

RIP the poor girl, and sympathy to her parents, family and friends.
“The severity of punishment, known as marginal deterrence, has no real deterrent effect, or the effect of reducing recidivism,”. If you're serious about tackling machete violence, rather than posturing, then you'd know that harsher deterrent sentences would do f*** all to actually tackle this problem.

Ban the sale of machete's online, or at least licence them. Invest in youth services in underprivileged areas, and do something about the misogynistic crap that's so easily accessible to impressionable young men.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
surely the police can’t allow this to continue .

Neither the police, nor wider society, do allow this to happen/continue.

Tom Cruise and his colleagues in Minority Report were able to predict crimes were about to take place and hurriedly intervene. Unfortunately, that's not a power that anyone in the real world has just yet.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The police, nor wider society, do not allow this to happen/continue.

Tom Cruise and his colleagues in Minority Report were able to predict crimes were about to take place and hurriedly intervene. Unfortunately, that's not a power that anyone in the real world has just yet.
That’s true but the police must know by stats & profiling whose most likely to be carrying these weapons . Why don’t they scale up stop and search significantly?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That’s true but the police must know by stats & profiling whose most likely to be carrying these weapons . Why don’t they scale up stop and search significantly?
And then they go and get another weapon the same day or the day after. What is it really going to accomplish apart from racial tensions?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah yes, stop and search. If only we had the numbers of police on the streets to stop and search.
PS see my previous post.

I agree with @Beanstalk, youth services have been obliterated in this country. Keep the kids off the streets and into youth clubs, boxing clubs, football etc and it will drastically reduce crime.
Signed
A fully qualified youth worker from 1976-1993

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
News coming out of a 15 yr old school girl stabbed to death by her previous boyfriend who is a teenager .

Apparently she told him she didn’t want to see him anymore & he pulled out a machete and killed her .

What sort of ‘ human beings ‘ walk about with machetes on them .

Anyone caught with one should be automatically locked up for 5 years .

I know it’s Croydon, and parts of it are very rough but surely the police can’t allow this to continue .

RIP poor girl .
The police aren't specifically a preventive organization. What do you propose? A policeman assigned to every household just in case?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I presume you're too young to remember Swamp 81.

I appreciate that some feel that no amount of inconvenience for law abiding black people is too much inconvenience if it stops street crime (which is all done by black people).

If only Alfredmizen were still allowed onto NSC. He could explain how this is a simple problem with simple solutions.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
All I know is that in NYC we had a big problem with knife crime back in the 80’s. The mayor at the time increased the amount of police on the streets significantly to deter criminals and over the following 6 months it went down significantly and has largely stayed down certainly in the main Manhattan borough .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I presume you're too young to remember Swamp 81.

I appreciate that some feel that no amount of inconvenience for law abiding black people is too much inconvenience if it stops street crime (which is all done by black people).

If only Alfredmizen were still allowed onto NSC. He could explain how this is a simple problem with simple soluions.
If you are law abiding why is it such an inconvenience for a teenager to allow themselves to be searched. Takes 2 mins . I’ve had a couple done on me in New York , i was pleased that it was being carried out for the sake of prevention. A bit like before you get on a plane , your luggage and you get scanned .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you are law abiding why is it such an inconvenience for a teenager to allow themselves to be searched. Takes 2 mins . I’ve had a couple done on me in New York , i was pleased that it was being carried out for the sake of prevention. A bit like before you get on a plane , your luggage and you get scanned .
Have you seen how the traditional stopping and searching of young black males works in this country?

And as I said, you are clearly too young to remember swamp 81.

And how the f*** will repeated stopping and searching of law abiding young black males stop some **** machetting his ex GF?

But, nice to see that you think that no amount of inconveniencing of young black males is too much in the quest to end all street crime which is all done by young black males.

Have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racia...can make targeted,are perceived as a criminal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All I know is that in NYC we had a big problem with knife crime back in the 80’s. The mayor at the time increased the amount of police on the streets significantly to deter criminals and over the following 6 months it went down significantly and has largely stayed down certainly in the main Manhattan borough .
I can readily believe that this is, indeed, all you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here