Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

143rd Open Championship

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nice solid 6 at the first. Must be giving everyone else a chance.

Cruel for Tiger, bogey at the 2nd and he's back to level par. He's now played the first two holes at +5 which makes the fact he's still at even par all the more astonishing. He will battle back now like he did yesterday.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well this is looking like a Rory masterclass so far. After a shaky start to his round, he is now back to ripping the stick out. -8 after 8 and 2 in the lead, the wind has died down and I will not be surprised if he shoots another score in the mid 60's. Great stuff.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Great stuff from Rory, looks like Tiger has just made the cut by the skin of his teeth. Not many good signs for him at the moment but the match practice will do him good.

A long way to go yet but Rory looking good with a short shot in to 17 and a par 5 to come.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well the Friday curse has struck Rory again - just a 66 to add to his first round 66. -12 and at least a 4 shot lead. An excellent round of golf, did not really look in any trouble at all. Not sure why we had to watch every one of Tiger's 77 shots when there were 50 odd people out on the course playing better than him, but there we go. Tom Watson makes the cut again at the age of 64 - he really is the grandmaster of links golf.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Rory odds on to win after today. I'll be hovering on the lay button on betfair tomorrow. I don't think this will be like Kaymar in the US Open. He has blown up too much recently for this to be done and dusted.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Rory played very well Today and is a decent enough front runner - when he wins, he often wins by miles. This is his week.

Two tee start Tomorrow as the forecast is shite - no tee times yet.
Weather forces two-tee start on Saturday

The Open Championship will employ a two-tee start for the first time in its history because of the risk of thunderstorms on Saturday. Play is scheduled to start at 09:00 BST from both the first and 10th tee, with the field split into groups of three rather than two. It is hoped that will allow the round to be completed on schedule even if there are delays of up to five hours.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Rory played very well Today and is a decent enough front runner - when he wins, he often wins by miles. This is his week.

Two tee start Tomorrow as the forecast is shite - no tee times yet.
Weather forces two-tee start on Saturday

The Open Championship will employ a two-tee start for the first time in its history because of the risk of thunderstorms on Saturday. Play is scheduled to start at 09:00 BST from both the first and 10th tee, with the field split into groups of three rather than two. It is hoped that will allow the round to be completed on schedule even if there are delays of up to five hours.

Billy can I start by saying I normally agree with everything you say. We will unfortunately agree to differ on this. I think Rory has a blow up in him. On the bright side one of us has bragging rights cone Sunday.

Thunder storms will also benefit some not others I'd imagine. This ain't over.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
It will go either way Iggle but he looked so calm Today, once he'd sunk the putt on the 3rd for par. His biggest problem Tomorrow might be trying to smash it past Dustbin.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It will go either way Iggle but he looked so calm Today, once he'd sunk the putt on the 3rd for par. His biggest problem Tomorrow might be trying to smash it past Dustbin.

The one thing in his favour is the shear number of bottle jobs in his wake. DJ's arse starts twitching earlier than most. As for Garcia..

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If I'd called off my engagement to someone as beautiful as Caroline Wozniacki I'd probably have shot myself. Yet here McIlory is dominating the Open. Amazing bloke

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Players out in 3 balls from 9AM - http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx
Tiger out last off the tenth so it appears that the race for the worst player in the Championship will be the focus of the Americans:D

Looks like the weather is in its way there so will be touch and go if they get it done Today.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Plenty of birdies out there, even Tiger is making them. Rory giving the field a chance with a bogey on the first but he looks like he's settled down again after a ropey start. Dry there at the moment but it looks like rain is on the way shortly.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Ricky and Sergio are taking it away from themselves too. They are playing slow slow slow too. Rory and Dustbin have been held up all day.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Eagle on the last for Rory to give him a 6 shot lead which should be enough for a procession round Tomorrow:banana:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Eagle on the last for Rory to give him a 6 shot lead which should be enough for a procession round Tomorrow:banana:

Any other player and I'd agree with you.
I reckon the demons will return tomorrow and he'll throw it all away. Great golfer but mentally very fragile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here