Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will be an epic meltdown like Greg Norman if he loses this now

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
with the holes being moved around I always thought finishing with two par 5s in the last 3 holes,that's where the tournament would be won come Sunday

Rory has fast forwarded that scenario today,he knows now someone will have to shoot a 64/65 tomorrow to even have a chance of beating him

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Joke decision to stagger start for 1st time in 144 years, relying on met office numpties ending play 3 hours early, no weather issues, and I (and many others inc most of USA) didn't see a ball hit

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The only thing that can stop Rory now is himself. The course is perfect for him. -16 won it in 2006 when is was hard and fast and probably -19 will win it when it's green and receptive...The course should be removed from the Open rota or changed to a par 70. Two par 5's in the last three holes just plays into the power hitters hands and the flattish greens, for a major venue offer up no defence. Rory is -11 on the par 5's alone, it's his power hitting which has won this for him and the lack of any real wind.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The only thing that can stop Rory now is himself. The course is perfect for him. -16 won it in 2006 when is was hard and fast and probably -19 will win it when it's green and receptive...The course should be removed from the Open rota or changed to a par 70. Two par 5's in the last three holes just plays into the power hitters hands and the flattish greens, for a major venue offer up no defence. Rory is -11 on the par 5's alone, it's his power hitting which has won this for him and the lack of any real wind.

I don't disagree but he putted pretty well in fairness yesterday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Joke decision to stagger start for 1st time in 144 years, relying on met office numpties ending play 3 hours early, no weather issues, and I (and many others inc most of USA) didn't see a ball hit

There was torrential rain and flooding just after play finished and lightning in the area. FACT!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Fortunately, player and spectator safety was the top of the concerns, not american TV viewers which may come as a surprise. There was an inch of rain after play finished yesterday so the R&A made the correct decision.

Come on Rory, bring it home in style Today. He's played by far the best golf all week and deserves to win, that said he still has to go and do it.

Some decent scores out there Today, including Tom Watson shooting 4 under par.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

It's the same for everyone though. The reality is that very few courses these days can contain these guys unless they are severely tricked up or the wind blows. The only Open course that is usually a severe test no matter what is Carnoustie. The course that should go is St Andrews, sadly, as that is now far too easy for these guys unless they are playing in a force 10 gale. Golf is now a totally different game from 20 years ago - equipment means that most courses now have been left behind and the only way to contain them is to have 3 foot long rough, narrow fairways and glass like greens. Which is fine in itself, but when us mere mortals go and play the same course, we do not play in anything like the same conditions, which is a shame.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see McIlroy Snr made a very shrewd bet a while back £400 at 500/1 to win the British Open before he is 26, fill your boots man big time

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I see McIlroy Snr made a very shrewd bet a while back £400 at 500/1 to win the British Open before he is 26, fill your boots man big time
Shame he's going to win The Open.....British Open is a darts tournament:D

Statement of intent on the first for Rory on the first by nailing the driver and not laying up. Looks easy out there but level par will be enough for Rory Today.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Rory starting to wobble a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here