Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12000+ empty seats at Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If we are the arse end of the 3rd division still we will get 7000-8000 tops once the novelty has worn off, ire not much better than Withdean.

We need a team on the pitch capable of matching the aspirations of the £ 90 000 000 stadium. The management should be attending to both the stadium AND the team.

They are, or at least they're bloody trying!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I know far more of those times than my age would suggest, but I can't quite grasp what you're getting at.

Archer, Stanley and Bellotti raped and conspired to murder the Albion, but what did 'the club' as an entity do that was so bad in your eyes?

sorry, didnt really read your post, thought you where insinuating that what Archer and bellotti did didnt merit the term 'crime'

i have half an eye on the united game....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mr Bloom would hardly invest millions then not make as much money as possible from games now, would he?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
thought you where insinuating that what Archer and bellotti did didnt merit the term 'crime'

Ah right, in which case I understand why you responded as you did. :smile:

Just to be clear, I was making no such insinuation. Those three were and are scum of the highest order, and I'd have no problem pissing on any of their graves apart from the fact that I hate having to queue.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Has the club got any plans to fill the certain 12000+ empty seats at Falmer for most games ? (which is indisputable if the good people of Sussex cannot pay cash at the turnstiles) The thousands of dormant Brighton fans who still feel betrayed by the past crimes of the club will not jump through hoops to get a ticket its that simple. Its up to the club to let Sussex know that everyone is very welcome.If the marketing team do get it right Falmer could be filled to the rafters with an atmosphere to rival Fratton Park. Ok The Goldstone is history and we should all move on but how many of us still get goosebumps when we remember some of those great afternoons and nights shoehorned on the terrace when the intense atmosphere was sometimes more interesting than the game? Quite simply if you cant pay on the door you may as well get Bill Archer and David Bellotti to head the marketing team.

What is this 1952 or something, I really dont understand what all the fuss is about?

How hard is for some people to comprehend paying for something other than in cash, I for one use the internet to pay pretty much all my bills, I brought my season ticket online and I buy the cup games online (sometimes within a couple of hours of kick off and then pick up from Withdean)

Are you that indecisive that you cannot a) take your money out the bank beforehand or b) use a plastic for payment?

Jesus creepers!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Last night I was doing the prawn sandwiches and couldnt believe the amount of hospitality areas in their ground. But looking at the Falmer plans I think we have 5 floors of hospitality in 1 stand alone! As well as the 12k seats mentioned in this thread the corporate and general hospitality are also going to take some filling by the club week in week out!

It's called ambition!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment we're in the third tier, and probably will be when Falmer opens.

The new stadium will become the lost generation's very own Goldstone, and will fill up week in week out in maybe 10 years time.

Would you rather we had gone down the route of ( for example ) Walsall and Chester City when they built their new grounds?

i.e Lots of breeze blocks and zero ambition.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The difference is that with the Soldstone if a casual fan happened to be in town shopping or in a pub closeby on matchdays and fancied the game they could just trot along at the last minute and pay, whereas with Flamer no one is going to just happen to be hanging out in the middle of nowhere (i.e. Flamer's location) and decide that they'd like to go to a football game and so the whole cash on the turnstiles thing is less relevant with the new ground surely?!?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It's called ambition!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment we're in the third tier, and probably will be when Falmer opens.

The new stadium will become the lost generation's very own Goldstone, and will fill up week in week out in maybe 10 years time.

Would you rather we had gone down the route of ( for example ) Walsall and Chester City when they built their new grounds?

i.e Lots of breeze blocks and zero ambition.

No! All I was eluding to was that my Norwich experience last night brought home to me on the one hand what an undertaking the club has ahead of it to sell the hospitality and fill the ground, but on the other that Norwich is a living/breathing example of how to do it and that we would do well to learn from them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite simply if you cant pay on the door you may as well get Bill Archer and David Bellotti to head the marketing team.

Impossible to argue with. Unless your in the Albion marketing team that is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Having spent a little time up there of late I'm not sure I agree. Also dont forget a lot of Norwich's support is not from Norwich itself and that will have to be the same for us if we are ever to seriously up our attendances.

Last night I was doing the prawn sandwiches and couldnt believe the amount of hospitality areas in their ground. But looking at the Falmer plans I think we have 5 floors of hospitality in 1 stand alone! As well as the 12k seats mentioned in this thread the corporate and general hospitality are also going to take some filling by the club week in week out!

Two floors of corporate hospitality, on the first and third floors for what are terms 'Gold' and 'Platinum' members. Looks like about 950 people to cater for if seated. Plus 14 executive boxes of 10 people each.

No hospitality anywhere else by the looks of things.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't understand some people's attitude to other clubs/cities. Who are we to patronise Norwich FFS, with our 5,000 fans to their 25,000?

Norwich is a place that has always been patted on the head by the national media, but they have just got their heads down, got on with it, and as a result have probably one of the best places to live in the country. Less to do than Brighton? If that was true once, I would say no longer, and certainly if pubs are important to you there is no finer selection anywhere.

Plus their support is quite simply outstanding. There as a queue of coaches (for home fans) outside the ground last night from the further-flung outposts of Norfolk that reminded me a little bit of Celtic Park.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't understand some people's attitude to other clubs/cities. Who are we to patronise Norwich FFS, with our 5,000 fans to their 25,000?

Norwich is a place that has always been patted on the head by the national media, but they have just got their heads down, got on with it, and as a result have probably one of the best places to live in the country. Less to do than Brighton? If that was true once, I would say no longer, and certainly if pubs are important to you there is no finer selection anywhere.

Plus their support is quite simply outstanding. There as a queue of coaches (for home fans) outside the ground last night from the further-flung outposts of Norfolk that reminded me a little bit of Celtic Park.

Steady on. Carrow Road ain't Celtic! :ohmy: But yes, they've always been a bigger club, and probably always will. It's more of a footballing town basically. Insula to Brighton's transient population, with obvious ramifications.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Steady on. Carrow Road ain't Celtic! :ohmy: But yes, they've always been a bigger club, and probably always will. It's more of a footballing town basically. Insula to Brighton's transient population, with obvious ramifications.

The point I was making was about the large number of coaches for HOME fans that you get outside those two clubs. If you'd been to both, you'd recognise that. For Norwich, it's the geography of Norfolk, for Celtic it's the Catholics coached in from all over the place.

But let's have it right and give them some credit, you could have the same number of buses coming to Brighton from all over Sussex. But you don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here