Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12000+ empty seats at Falmer

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Has the club got any plans to fill the certain 12000+ empty seats at Falmer for most games ? (which is indisputable if the good people of Sussex cannot pay cash at the turnstiles) The thousands of dormant Brighton fans who still feel betrayed by the past crimes of the club will not jump through hoops to get a ticket its that simple. Its up to the club to let Sussex know that everyone is very welcome.If the marketing team do get it right Falmer could be filled to the rafters with an atmosphere to rival Fratton Park. Ok The Goldstone is history and we should all move on but how many of us still get goosebumps when we remember some of those great afternoons and nights shoehorned on the terrace when the intense atmosphere was sometimes more interesting than the game? Quite simply if you cant pay on the door you may as well get Bill Archer and David Bellotti to head the marketing team.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
12000+ empty seats at Falmer?

Damm, I thought maybe they'd just been delivered!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We could do a lot worse than follow the Norwich model, whatever that may be. Had 5k more fans there than Leeds and 10k more than Charlton last night! Similar potential catchment area to us as well.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We could do a lot worse than follow the Norwich model, whatever that may be. Had 5k more fans there than Leeds and 10k more than Charlton last night! Similar potential catchment area to us as well.

Theres a lot less to 'do' in Norwich on a saturday afternoon though compared to Brighton

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I have, I just wouldn't describe what he and the others did as "crimes of the club".

Crimes of the people commiting them, yes, but of the club itself?

well you must be too young to remember then....

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

I think the Club's ticketing system for Falmer has been done to death on here, but I would just add:

1. At Norwich last night there was a very healthy queue of people waiting to buy (and pay cash/use a card) to buy tickets 'on the day'

2. There's a very good question on 'Ask the club' about bussing people in from various parts of Sussex for games. Something we should be looking at IMO

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Theres a lot less to 'do' in Norwich on a saturday afternoon though compared to Brighton

Having spent a little time up there of late I'm not sure I agree. Also dont forget a lot of Norwich's support is not from Norwich itself and that will have to be the same for us if we are ever to seriously up our attendances.

Last night I was doing the prawn sandwiches and couldnt believe the amount of hospitality areas in their ground. But looking at the Falmer plans I think we have 5 floors of hospitality in 1 stand alone! As well as the 12k seats mentioned in this thread the corporate and general hospitality are also going to take some filling by the club week in week out!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I know far more of those times than my age would suggest, but I can't quite grasp what you're getting at.

Archer, Stanley and Bellotti raped and conspired to murder the Albion, but what did 'the club' as an entity do that was so bad in your eyes?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think the Club's ticketing system for Falmer has been done to death on here, but I would just add:

1. At Norwich last night there was a very healthy queue of people waiting to buy (and pay cash/use a card) to buy tickets 'on the day'

2. There's a very good question on 'Ask the club' about bussing people in from various parts of Sussex for games. Something we should be looking at IMO

Agreed-thought that was a very good question. Time for revenge on Charlton?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shall we wait and see how the cashless stadium works in practice before writing it off? the details are apparently unknown right now and the example of Oyster shows it might work out fine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think the point is that "the club" encompasses players, manager, coaches, ground staff and fans as well as chairman and Chief Exec. Hence the crimes were against the club not by the club. BA and DB carried out the crimes NOT the club. Besides they have no connection at all with the current club so I'm not entirely sure where the original poster is coming from - you've got to be incredabily stupid to hold what BA and DB did to the club against the present people in charge !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Get a decent team to watch in the Championship or (dream on) the Prem, and we'll be turning people away.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we are the arse end of the 3rd division still we will get 7000-8000 tops once the novelty has worn off, ire not much better than Withdean.

We need a team on the pitch capable of matching the aspirations of the £ 90 000 000 stadium. The management should be attending to both the stadium AND the team.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's going to be a pain in the arse to get to the ground, far harder than getting a ticket, so I can't really see how not being able to purchase tickets at the ground will stop people from going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here