Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£12 ham roll and chips

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Before the last home game For £15 we had a three course meal, options including pate, Thai prawns, full carvery, steak pies, chocolate puds, sticky toffee, fruit salad, and coffees, all served piping hot, on time, and better quality than anything I've ever eaten at the Amex, oh, and the service was top drawer. That was at the Newmarket, with a crowd of other 1901ers.

Piping hot fruit salad? Yuck.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow ! :wanker: And that's from a non-1901 member !

Thanks. That's marvellously constructive.

I've just opened a new hypothetical restaurant. I'm going to make the parking and atmosphere terrible, the service amateurish and the menu HAM ROLL £12.

Would you a) go back week after week but bitch on trip adviser or b) never darken my door again?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Here's one of this week's 1901 buffet options:

Hand carved honey glazed British gammon in a soft white floured bap served with rustic chips & slaw
Accompaniments to include: A selection of mustards

Your bitterness is becoming embarrassing now. You and a couple of others. You know who you are. Not our fault you joined the 1901 Club. You are always going to be regarded as MoreMoneyThanSenseCashCow so far as the club is concerned. Live with it. And don't renew. Obviously.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thanks. That's marvellously constructive.

I've just opened a new hypothetical restaurant. I'm going to make the parking and atmosphere terrible, the service amateurish and the menu HAM ROLL £12.

Would you a) go back week after week but bitch on trip adviser or b) never darken my door again?

Well obviously B - and that is exactly the point ! You might deride 1901's but the point is they need to spend money like the rest of us. Offer something you could get at Tesco for less than £2 for £12 and you WILL lose your customers. Barber clearly doesn't understand that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Hand carved honey glazed British gammon in a soft white floured bap served with rustic chips & slaw

MUSHROOMS
and if they can only make 15% on that they are in the wrong business
£12:lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Your bitterness is becoming embarrassing now. You and a couple of others. You know who you are. Not our fault you joined the 1901 Club. You are always going to be regarded as MoreMoneyThanSenseCashCow. Live with it.

This. How f'ing boring is the 1901 whinge brigade becoming? If you dont like it get an effing normal seat like the rest of us and shut the f up. Those seats would probably serve us all better in the hands of proper corporate s anyway like at every other club.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Your bitterness is becoming embarrassing now. You and a couple of others. You know who you are. Not our fault you joined the 1901 Club. You are always going to be regarded as MoreMoneyThanSenseCashCow so far as the club is concerned. Live with it. And don't renew. Obviously.

It's nothing to do with bitterness. The whole point of 1901 and the dining is to make a profit - hopefully to buy better players. The club are f*cking it up big time currently. I've worked in hotel and catering for 15 years and I could do better than the current offering.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

You'll live.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Give it a rest , you're on parr with the major with his palace attendance threads.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's nothing to do with bitterness. The whole point of 1901 and the dining is to make a profit - hopefully to buy better players. The club are f*cking it up big time currently. I've worked in hotel and catering for 15 years and I could do better than the current offering.

Yes. Yes it is to do with bitterness. Its the same old faces every week bitterly regretting their leisure activity add-on choices.

There's twenty thousand people at the Amex every home game who'd quite like to buy a pie and a pint at half-time and who will never be able to do so, due to the stupidly slow queues. Just a thought, but maybe there's more money for the club to be made there rather than than trying to persuade 1901ers to part with £91/71/51 a head for a disinterested slung-at-you so-so offering. No wonder the local area pubs are offering a three course slap up meal and throwing in ferrying to and from the ground for considerably less.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There's twenty thousand people who'd quite like to buy a pie and a pint at half-time and who wil lnever be able to do so, due to the stupidly slow queues. Just a thought, but maybe there's more money for the club to be made there rather than than trying to persuade 1901ers to part with £91/71/51 a head for a disinterested slung-at-you so-so offering. No wonder the local area pubs are offering a three course slap up meal and throwing in ferrying to and from the ground for considerably less.

Assuming the club are aiming for the same GP as other restaurants then they will make 85% on £91/71/51 - they won't make that on a pie !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't imagine there's a business on the planet that expects to sell products to 20,000 people in 15 minutes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As for those getting fed up with us 1901 members commenting on these threads, I'm sorry, It's a fans forum, we are mostly all fans, and the threads are generally titled 1901, so you know what the thread will be about. There are plenty of threads started where people are complaining about other aspects of the running of the club, about costs, about transport, about attendances, which don't garner responses suggesting the people posting should shut up, suggesting bitterness is embarrassing, they shouldn't don't renew and things like that. We're making comments about an aspect of the way the club is being run, that is unsatisfactory, as are others in relation to Spanish themes, clappers, attendance figures, parking prices, park and ride, etc. If these points aren't discussed, and I'm talking about all of the points of concern, not just 1901, then what chance is there of any of the grievances being aired being identified by the club.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Instead of moaning on here why don't you do something about it? If all the people on here and elsewhere in 1901 complained to the people that matter then your voices might be heard.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
OK I've kept my powder dry on this up to now but it's late, I've had a beer and Question Time hasn't started yet. It's time for the rant.

If you are prepared to be told what to wear to football, to be more polite, to come out after the half time break to be greeted by a row of empty seats, to be given parking in a car park that takes an hour to clear then you deserve it. This is not football. It's barely life. If you don't like it give up the 1901 club and go back to the North or WSU and make some noise. Eat and drink in town or grab a pie on the concourse like the rest of us. If you're not prepared to do that then shut the f*** up. The club think you have more money than sense. And they're right.

Back of the net, GB

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK I've kept my powder dry on this up to now but it's late, I've had a beer and Question Time hasn't started yet. It's time for the rant.

If you are prepared to be told what to wear to football, to be more polite, to come out after the half time break to be greeted by a row of empty seats, to be given parking in a car park that takes an hour to clear then you deserve it. This is not football. It's barely life. If you don't like it give up the 1901 club and go back to the North or WSU and make some noise. Eat and drink in town or grab a pie on the concourse like the rest of us. If you're not prepared to do that then shut the f*** up. The club think you have more money than sense. And they're right.

Post Of The Day :clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I love the way they describe these meals to make them sound respectable. A gammon roll and chips probably costs about 50p to put together. A fair price would be £6.
A nice slice of ham is about a quid, a few chips and some homemade coleslaw would be another quid so it'll cost about £2......a 600% mark up is frankly taking the piss. Still its the price of progress, and FFP needs paying for somehow....god forbid the players actually take a bloody wage cut.

£12 :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here