Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 games against Prem/Champ teams without a win. How long has Hypia?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In theory, but Sammi will need time to prove he has turned the corner and the wins aren't just blips for people to start coming back, and slowly at that. Whereas low attendances can get a big bump from a new manager and will bring fans back quicker, and a single win under a new manager would do more to bring the fans back than the same result under Hyypia.
All well and good until the next one isn't an exact fit and can't command victories every game.
What then?
Does he have to go too, with his staff and ideas?

What if we just end up in exactly the same position 3 managers down the line.

Will the fans still be willing to accept the manager and hierarchy of the club?

TB has made an investment in Sami.
An investment most were happy with 2 months ago.

Sami's replacement would have to be someone pretty special and out of character from all of Blooms other managerial appointments.
That man don't come cheap esp when there's a 3 year contract on the table, and a senior exec who might become surplus.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
[tweet]530789573459476480[/tweet]

:( :sick:

If it's from an impeccable source then it can only be somebody from high up within the club and they are unlikely to say anything else to a local journo, especially as it's been alluded to that he has annoyed to club on a number of occasions with things he's written.
In my opinion the only way's Hyypia's job is secure is if either the club are happy with our league position and rapidly dwindling crowds, or we just can't afford to sack him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it's from an impeccable source then it can only be somebody from high up within the club and they are unlikely to say anything else to a local journo, especially as it's been alluded to that he has annoyed to club on a number of occasions with things he's written.
In my opinion the only way's Hyypia's job is secure is if either the club are happy with our league position and rapidly dwindling crowds, or we just can't afford to sack him.

Or they accept they're partly to blame with player recruitment, and they're confident he can turn it around with the right tools (hence the recent loans), and that when he does the fans will return (eventually).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Sami's job really is secure, it doesn't say much for for quality of management at the club. Most of us are judged by results but not, it seems, Mr Hyypia. Oh well, League 1 here we come. If the club don't heed the warning signs by taking early action there is not much that we as fans can do about it. I fear that looking to strengthen the team in January will be too little too late.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agree ... Chairmen are pretty impeccable sources and they make the same quotes directly and it's often the Manager is gone within days. So if I were to read anything into the Naylor tweet it's that Hypia is packing his bags

I've no idea if he will stay or go, but I'd be willing to bet that TB won't allow us to become a relegation favourite without trying everything possible to avoid it, including replacing SH. Dropping into L1 would be a "disaster", no doubt about that

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Or they accept they're partly to blame with player recruitment, and they're confident he can turn it around with the right tools (hence the recent loans), and that when he does the fans will return (eventually).

I'm not convinced by that to be honest, Al Habsi & Halford have only been brought in to cover injuries, In Elliot Bennett's case as much as I hope it's with a view to something longer term or even permanent it could also be a case of bring back an old crowd favourite short term to try and boost ticket sales.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
FFS. We have won ONE game since Aug. We still looked like the relegation-threatened team we are. WTF are the board (NOT) doing!? P45 for Sami or struggle...

I agree with you but I'm somewhat surprised that you don't have any inside information ahead of Andy Naylor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here