Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 games against Prem/Champ teams without a win. How long has Hypia?

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Can't see Bloom sacking Hyypia. Just don't think he is interested in the people side of the business (leaves it to others).

If it was a brick or something that didn't have two legs he would be more interested?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
1 thing I did notice tonight, all the time it was 0-0 Hyppia was on the sideline giving encouragement but when B'muff scored he immediately sat down and only got back up again when we equalised. surely he should be urging the players on not sitting down in a huff. Poor management I'm afraid

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
1 thing I did notice tonight, all the time it was 0-0 Hyppia was on the sideline giving encouragement but when B'muff scored he immediately sat down and only got back up again when we equalised. surely he should be urging the players on not sitting down in a huff. Poor management I'm afraid

It's much easier to encourage people when it's okay and the ship's sailing steadily. But any sign of trouble, the captain's in his quarters never to be seen.

Like at Leverkusen..

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I'm sorry BG but I find the man a complete disaster and feel that the longer he stays the more likely we are to go down. The other night summed it up for me when he brought on Greg Halford, a six foot plus defender/striker -and put him on the right wing! Clueless!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that was more as a right wing back/midfielder supposedly but as Hans Kray says he is an awful full back, acceptable centre back. It could have been as he did with Forest put on to take high balls in the attack and help stop them coming forward. Wonder who instigated signing him!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Hyypia is in danger of being sacked, I would imagine it is more to do with attendances than with any belief in whether he can turn our fortunes around or not.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]530789573459476480[/tweet]

:( :sick:

FFS. We have won ONE game since Aug. We still looked like the relegation-threatened team we are. WTF are the board (NOT) doing!? P45 for Sami or struggle...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]530789573459476480[/tweet]
As it should be for any manager 16 games into his 3 year contract.
Especially one who's team is undergoing a major rebuild.
Not to mention having it's prize asset sold and as yet not replaced.

A manager that just 2 months ago NSC was largely in favour of because:-

'I don't care if we lose, just so long as it's more entertaining than Oscar'.
'I wouldn't be supporting the Albion if that 1-0 snorefest was still in charge'.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A manager that just 2 months ago NSC was largely in favour of because:-

'I don't care if we lose, just so long as it's more entertaining than Oscar'.
'I wouldn't be supporting the Albion if that 1-0 snorefest was still in charge'.

Not me though, a lot of sheep on here - I prefer to paddle my own canoe.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isnt this one and the same results either bring crowds or lose them as fits.

In theory, but Sammi will need time to prove he has turned the corner and the wins aren't just blips for people to start coming back, and slowly at that. Whereas low attendances can get a big bump from a new manager and will bring fans back quicker, and a single win under a new manager would do more to bring the fans back than the same result under Hyypia.

In theory, but Sammi will need time to prove he has turned the corner and the wins aren't just blips for people to start coming back, and slowly at that. Whereas low attendances can get a big bump from a new manager and will bring fans back quicker, and a single win under a new manager would do more to bring the fans back than the same result under Hyypia.

Wins?

One win against Wigan (just)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here