Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 games against Prem/Champ teams without a win. How long has Hypia?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I suspect Bloom will keep him in charge whatever happens - that's just my feeling. As someone said on the radio the players we have are not great but they aren't bottom 4 material and it's the managers job to get the best out of them with tactics, training ideas, and some passion from the side lines. Not sure how much of that has been in evidence this season.

Albeit I thought we were more threatening today the defence seems to have gone AWOL. Not a good mix when we have only averaged 1 goal a game at the other end. I'd love to see us pick up 6 points before the next international break, but 2 wins in 2 - when we've only managed 2 in 15??? I honestly doubt it but I really hope I'm proven wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If he is sacked it could be prior to the international break. At least that would give Bloom a couple of weeks to find a successor, it could be that he's casting around already.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I suspect Bloom will keep him in charge whatever happens - that's just my feeling. As someone said on the radio the players we have are not great but they aren't bottom 4 material and it's the managers job to get the best out of them with tactics, training ideas, and some passion from the side lines. Not sure how much of that has been in evidence this season.

Albeit I thought we were more threatening today the defence seems to have gone AWOL. Not a good mix when we have only averaged 1 goal a game at the other end. I'd love to see us pick up 6 points before the next international break, but 2 wins in 2 - when we've only managed 2 in 15??? I honestly doubt it but I really hope I'm proven wrong.

lovely run of fixtures after the break ...Fulham Norwich Derby ..doesnt get any easier

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If he is sacked it could be prior to the international break. At least that would give Bloom a couple of weeks to find a successor, it could be that he's casting around already.

Cant see the point in sacking someone unless you have someone (better) lined up

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, Twelve games since we beat a team in the championship or premier league.

It's been 33 games since we last won against a team from the championship or premier league that contained p or a q in their name. Can you believe that? 33 games! That's ridiculous. 33. Something has to give. I don't think we can stand for this. I call for protests. 33 games without a win against a prem or championship side with a p or a q in their name. This wouldn't happen if we had a proper british manager like Appleton.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014

Don't be silly, it'll take bloom and burke 8 weeks before they identify a manager then Barber will want a chat and give the ok before Bloom can speak to the prime candidate. Never ending.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It's been 33 games since we last won against a team from the championship or premier league that contained p or a q in their name. Can you believe that? 33 games! That's ridiculous. 33. Something has to give. I don't think we can stand for this. I call for protests. 33 games without a win against a prem or championship side with a p or a q in their name. This wouldn't happen if we had a proper british manager like Appleton.

oh i do like yur stats :)

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

Hyypia's agent on NSC?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hyypia's agent on NSC?

No, just someone who thinks there are enough legitimate things to complain about without doing statistical gymnastics to add just ONE game (a cup game v a premier league team that no one really expected us to win, at that) to a winless run that is bad enough if you just leave it at league games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For those that don't think that TB will pull the trigger: He did exactly this the last time that a manager was failing, and we ended up with Poyet being appointed within about a week (this time of year as well). I'd bet that they have at least one manager already tapped up for his availability.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For those that don't think that TB will pull the trigger: He did exactly this the last time that a manager was failing, and we ended up with Poyet being appointed within about a week (this time of year as well). I'd bet that they have at least one manager already tapped up for his availability.

Personally i never try to second guess TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here