Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 then, Reading tickets

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no no no you've got me wrong, I admit I did see this coming, ITS A GREAT MOVE BY THE CLUB, I'm just saying that as most will pay at least £4.60 to get there, there will be a lot of first timers/non regulars and I'd hate to see them put off future visits by un necessary queues for payment of train tickets etc

Edit I see you're a Moulscoomber so I now understand that you are no doubt happy with no travel charge, I do see your point. (but I'm not trying to pick holes, honest)

I suspect, without being too cynical, that a lot of people will 'forget' to buy a travel ticket, and that there won't be full inspections of them at Falmer.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Great value, though travel could be a MASSIVE binfest on here that evening.

Shouldnt be any problems with park and ride - but you just know there is going to be a lot of moaning about ticket checks at Brighton Station.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Should pull in 27,000 then.

I might go myself, with my two boys. :)
At that price, Reading may even sell out,... bumper day...... lets hope for a bumper result too.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Excellent decision by the club. Sad reflection on the status of the FA Cup as a competition though....

Not particularly, if anything the prices are attempting to bring more people into football with affordable prices which wouldnt happen in the league, would have thought some schools may get some tickets too.

Of course the opponents arent exactly massive either, had it of been Man United or Chelsea then prices would have been much higher.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
In other news, Pies for this game will be priced at £5.50 and beers £8.00, or a pie and pint combo for £12.50

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I suspect, without being too cynical, that a lot of people will 'forget' to buy a travel ticket, and that there won't be full inspections of them at Falmer.

Although they might do on the trains. Saturday was the first time I've ever seen the guard checking tickets from Brighton back out west after a game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£7.50 for my Dad (and other over 65s).

It must feel like he's woken up in about 1990.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its not quite 1990, seem to recall paying £80 for a season ticket about then..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its not quite 1990, seem to recall paying £80 for a season ticket about then..

I did say "about".

Alright. 1994 then.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think part of the reason the FA Cup is struggling to attract big crowds in general across football is that the cost of league tickets has gone up so much in recent years (not just Albion, across the country). With season tickets now a significant outlay, something has to give. It started off with the League Cup in its various incarnations and now seems to be hitting the FA Cup.

Well done on the Albion for pricing the third round game sensibly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Will they concentrate on being extra vigilant elsewhere ? They could use it as a trial exercise to evaluate processes if the transport levy is dropped altogether next season.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
£7-50 for OAP's ? What a rip off for those who've supported the club through thick and thin, two world wars, several stadia including the County Ground in Hove and are poorly paid by the government to be old ! And we'll have to pay to get there. It's nothing short of a disgrace. They should be sending a stretch limo to my home to collect me, and supply me with free pies and ale, free programme and comp me in to a luxury hotel overnight before the stretch limo appears to bring me home. To Taunton.

Cheapskates...........mumble, mumble.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
fair play to the club, but if they had priced them up at £15 sth/north and £20 east/west and simply made a low key 'reminder', that travel WAS included, I feel the positive reaction from the fans would have been the same but without faffing around for change for the bus, or queing for a ticket at Brighton Stn (which will no doubt be an excercise in futility as it wont be practical to check that volume of train tickets)

Still, look on the bright side, it give you a chance to nit pick and have two moans for the price of one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£7-50 for OAP's ? What a rip off for those who've supported the club through thick and thin, two world wars, several stadia including the County Ground in Hove and are poorly paid by the government to be old ! And we'll have to pay to get there. It's nothing short of a disgrace. They should be sending a stretch limo to my home to collect me, and supply me with free pies and ale, free programme and comp me in to a luxury hotel overnight before the stretch limo appears to bring me home. To Taunton.

Cheapskates...........mumble, mumble.

I think you've just written the front page of tomorrow's Daily Express (so long as another ARCTIC FREEZE isn't expected).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would have gone whatever the price but well done to the club for that.

I would happily have paid twice the normal price for my license fee, sold my children for vivisection and .........
Oops sorry Catty , wrong sketch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here