Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 point but...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Vicente may not have played that much for us but he is the most talented player ever to have turned out for the Albion. End of story. As for Murray, history. Boring history.

Hugely positive that he lasted 90 mins. :albion2:

Vicente is different class. His quality runs deserved some end product from his team mates. Such a good player

Some incredible stuff from Vicente tonight.

He is so much better than any other player in this league it is untrue.

Vicente is on another planet football wise

Without a doubt, he's THAT good.

Was once regarded as one of the best young footballers on the planet, and every time we see him, it becomes obvious why that was.

Best player in the division by a country mile.

You dont want much do you? Vicente laid it on a plate 3 times for ulloa (twice) and hammond once to nod in from inside 6ft.............. What more can he do, get on the end of his own pinpoint crosses.....

Top end of the Premier League for sure. His runs tonight were sublime - he ghosts and surges past players in the same way Gascoigne did in the videos some of us have probably been watching over the last week or so. Couple that with exquisite delivery, he really is a class above anyone else I've seen in this division. A few classes in fact. And he's not even properly fit yet.

I enjoyed every second of Vicentes performance tonight, he is simply a joy to watch, hand on heart he is truly outstanding. If he wasn't injured so much he'd be at Spurs or Arsenal or Liverpool. He is a sublime talent. Long live Vicente, long live the king!!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone see that mazy 75th minute run towards the north goal? He must have taken on 7 of them, it was like watching Gazza in his prime all over again.

Of course though, he's not fit to lace the boots of Zaha. Yet another classic English winger from the Ashley Young school of pace, trickery then doing f*** all else and hopelessly inconsistant.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
That is what he has been paid for the last season and a half, despite it not happening very much, and we still didnt win. Is he as good as Lawrenson or Gotsmanov? Not for us so far. Still has a huge amount to do to justify his signing and his wages. Results show the money would have been better spent on Murray. I'm a huge Gus fan but he cant sign a centre forward who can score goals so far but he has given one away.

Vicente pisses over Gotsmanov and Gotsmanov was bloody good

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight was one of the most enjoyable games I have witnessed without us winning
Sublime football

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight was one of the most enjoyable games I have witnessed without us winning
Sublime football

This! And why oh why in this decent thread about the football GOD that is Vicente, arethere palace 'fans'. Had to skip a few pages as didn't wish to read their twaddle.

Feb 14, 2010

Results dont pint to that. Pu Gotsmanov or Lawrenson in the side of this quality and we would be pushing automatic, not play offs. Gotsmanov was quality in a dreadful side but he still ran the show. Vicente is quality in a good side. It doesnt really matter tho' they are all quality players. What really matters is that he is now playing, but we still cant take our bloody chances and we still give away a goal and draw 1-1.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I enjoyed every second of Vicentes performance tonight, he is simply a joy to watch, hand on heart he is truly outstanding. If he wasn't injured so much he'd be at Spurs or Arsenal or Liverpool. He is a sublime talent. Long live Vicente, long live the king!!

You took the words right out of my mouth SB. He was absolutely unplayable tonight. Just brilliant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Honest question. You obviously all rate Vicente. If he was far less injury prone than he is, do you think he would still be good enough for say an Arsenal or Liverpool? Or even higher, say Man U or Chelsea?

Liverpool, I'd say. As a regular starter on their left wing, if he was always fit.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Certainly the best player I have ever seen in the stripes over the past 25 years. I just want to see him in the team until end of the season. Just so talented. As many have said, if less injury prone, he would still be playing at the highest level. Hopefully with a clean bill of health, he may get a chance with us next season? Let me dream..........

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whenever Vicente gets the ball you know something special is going to happen. He is magnifico.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Worth the admission fee alone, when we learn to shot from outside the box we are going to muller someone with him pulling the strings.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think Vicente had a strange a game. At times looked well out of sorts and gave the ball away for fun. Then at other times looked like an absolute genius. After his penalty he was immense

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
He won't be posting for a while now.

Thank f***ing Christ, the tedious little cretin- how he lasted this long I have no clue. Can you confirm whether he and the prime welcher [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] had the same IP? They certainly had the same posting habits and wide-eyed delusions...

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone see that mazy 75th minute run towards the north goal? He must have taken on 7 of them, it was like watching Gazza in his prime all over again.

YES! Unbelievable and had it finished with a goal would have been up there with some great lifetime memories!

A joy to watch and the best player we and this league have seen for a long long time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank f***ing Christ, the tedious little cretin- how he lasted this long I have no clue. Can you confirm whether he and the prime welcher [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] had the same IP? They certainly had the same posting habits and wide-eyed delusions...

Looks like it, yes.

dicks-bar-bouncer

Feb 2, 2013
Gotsmanov and Lawrenson would disagree and they used to win games for us. Murray poin might bore you but its just the truth. We would have been better off spending the cash on Murray, there is no pint in having Pele on treatment table, never mind Vicente. Gus is quality except for his centre forwards. He has given one forward away that can score goals and spent substantial cash in failing to (so far) replace him. Be objective, give praise where is due and criticise where there is fault.

i keep hearing about this rubbish.gus gave murray away.HE DIDNT.murray turned down the contract offer and went elsewhere to a club at the time that could pay lot more then us!! the fact it was palace makes it taste a bit more sour but only looks bad on him really not either club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here