• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Tories never had to deal with in the main a US subprime mortgage crash whose scale was unprecedented and bought down banking institutions with turnovers of small countries. The Tories still try to blame Labour for it, it’s utterly ridiculous that is still a narrative for some people.

Labour had a bad third term as Blair stepped down after the Middle East policy turned toxic and Brown really wasn't up to it. They would have been in trouble even without the banking crisis. To be fair Tories don't mention 2008 too much now, it's all about Brexit, Corbyn and hard left policies.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
What utter deceitful scum this lot are. Anyone who votes for them needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

[tweet]1197196437248974849[/tweet]

Unbelievably, plenty are going to including many on here. No shame. It literally doesn't matter what the Tories do, how low they stoop, how much they lie and deceive, how much they've run this country into the ground, there are almost certainly enough people who will vote for them to make them the biggest party. I find it amazing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unbelievably, plenty are going to including many on here. No shame. It literally doesn't matter what the Tories do, how low they stoop, how much they lie and deceive, how much they've run this country into the ground, there are almost certainly enough people who will vote for them to make them the biggest party. I find it amazing.

Quite possibly one of the most bizarre and unnerving interchanges I've ever seen from a British MP with a journalist.

1) Implies the journalist has changed the evidence, irrespective of the fact millions witnessed it.

2) Breaks the rules on a third party platform, receives a final warning and then questions the platform's interpretation of their own rules.

Gob smacked, utterly gob smacked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps it's because they are the only major party, with a good chance of getting into power, that will offer the majority of the electorate what they want?

Brexit................!. Labour won't - so many Labour marginals will be lost. Lib Dems? As always, not a prayer of power unless thy sell their souls to one of the big parties. Greens? - well OK, just central Brighton then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps it's because they are the only major party, with a good chance of getting into power, that will offer the majority of the electorate what they want?

Brexit................!. Labour won't - so many Labour marginals will be lost. Lib Dems? As always, not a prayer of power unless thy sell their souls to one of the big parties. Greens? - well OK, just central Brighton then.

I think it's fair to say at this point, three and a half years after the pantomime of a referendum where leave scraped through, that the only way to be certain where the nation is with that is to hold a second referendum. Personally, I don't give a tinker's curse what the nation thinks. A50 should be revoked. Any manifestation of Brexit is a disaster for the UK and all who reside here. Revoke it and restore some bloody order to this embarrassing country.

Nevertheless, I think the Conservative party will comfortably win the GE and we will crash out of the EU. God help us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As far as I can tell, what he wants is inclusion in the customs Union, and close alignment to the Single Market, the EU will not be caving in, they will be biting his hand off, the only area of contention I can see that would take some negotiating is what fees are payable to the EU, other than the 80% of duties collected on imports. Single Market access will come at a price, and will include some form of free movement for workers.

The Irish will be glad to stick Boris’ deal in a ditch beside him. Anything Corbyn would suggest will be a lot lot better for them. 6 months should be ample time to sow up a Brexit deal that does not tank the economy and make the disaster capitalists filthy rich.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
They rely on the elderly, racist and the rich vote, only need 1 in 4 to vote for them.
I can accept a view to vote for all the others but imagine putting your x against a Conservative candidate? Bonkers.

Absolutely agree.
Unfortunately there seem to be some serial offenders on here who carry on regardless of the obvious ongoing canker in the current Tory Party.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What utter deceitful scum this lot are. Anyone who votes for them needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

[tweet]1197196437248974849[/tweet]

Great interview of one of the most pompous W***ers in British politics

Turning on Ofcom regulated media and accusing them of bias when they put you under scrutiny. Straight out of the Trump playbook...

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely agree.
Unfortunately there seem to be some serial offenders on here who carry on regardless of the obvious ongoing canker in the current Tory Party.

I wonder if they’ll lose a lot of the central one nation Tory voters with their nasty behaviour? In an attempt to attract the ignorant, disenfranchised, and fearful north with just one strap-line, they might well get wiped out by the Lib-Dems in a lot of marginals.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thread seems to be many, like minded folks just posting amongst themselves.

Citizen_smith.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I wonder if they’ll lose a lot of the central one nation Tory voters with their nasty behaviour? In an attempt to attract the ignorant, disenfranchised, and fearful north with just one strap-line, they might well get wiped out by the Lib-Dems in a lot of marginals.

I know a few fair few Tory voters who are professional people that have had enough, there are a lot of them, but just getting the feeling there are more Labour working class voters than are getting successfully groomed. It does increasingly look like the Turkeys will vote for Christmas

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know a few fair few Tory voters who are professional people that have had enough, there are a lot of them, but just getting the feeling there are more Labour working class voters than are getting successfully groomed. It does increasingly look like the Turkeys will vote for Christmas

There might be hope though. The Brexit party have candidates in all those Labour seats the Tories are targeting up t’north. It might be that many will vote for them because they just can’t vote Tory.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There might be hope though. The Brexit party have candidates in all those Labour seats the Tories are targeting up t’north. It might be that many will vote for them because they just can’t vote Tory.

The big question would Brexit party take more votes from Labour than the Tories

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've had enough of the Tory lies. Raab, Gove, Cummings, Mogg and Johnson are not the people I want to run this country anymore. Simple decision. It doesn't really matter who you vote for, just don't vote for the ****ing conservatives

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've had enough of the Tory lies. Raab, Gove, Cummings, Mogg and Johnson are not the people I want to run this country anymore. Simple decision. It doesn't really matter who you vote for, just don't vote for the ****ing conservatives

More outright deceit from the Tories today.

Javid sets out an increase in the NI threshold to £9,500 saving people £500 per year. Only this is a LIE. Their long term 'aspiration' to set the NI threshold to £12,500 will save £500, their current 'pledge' to £9,500 saves £100. I just don't think they care, looking at polling data I don't think people care either that their politicians lie to them. We're expecting politicians and politics to change, but why when lying and deceit do so well? :shrug:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, I do :cool:

We'll be out by 31st Jan, not sure though about trade deal agreed within the year, but, and its a big but, we'll be out. There, I've bitten.

Why so funny. We will leave on 31 October, with or without a deal, the EU won't be granting anymore extensions, and on my side the people won't put up with this unresolved issue indefinitely. There won't be a GE as Tories too weak to win even against toxic, unelectable Corbin and they know it.

Can I suggest then, that if you don't want to be 'disappointed' or 'lied to yet again' (depending on your POV) you read up a little about the trade deals that the EU has done in the past and how long they take by size and complexity.

And, of course, I'm sure you are aware that the current £39B 'divorce bill' only takes us to the end of 2020 and a new bill will need to be negotiated if we go beyond that date.

As a little steer, you may want to start with the most recent Canada deal, which has taken over 10 years, has no aspect of services (the thing that makes up 80% of Britain's GDP) and still isn't fully implemented.

Enjoy your reading :thumbsup:

Off out to dinner, so no rush :wave:

We're out on 31 Jan you know it and I know it. Enjoy your big mac :thumbsup:

Well there was your opportunity to show that you had some slight understanding of what you were posting about. Maybe highlight a trade deal that was done in the timescales you quote, pull me up on the divorce bill, maybe nick a Johnson line about how 'alignment' would make the deal easier :lolol:

But no. Obviously, you were posting about something you have no understanding of whatsoever.

And you do realise that even if you got your way this time and 'we're out on 31 Jan' (as oppose to when you thought we would be out on March 31st, April 12th, Oct 31st, etc) we will still be paying our EU contributions and abiding by EU rules and regulations, with no input to them, for years to come :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You do realise you have the ability to challenge any of those people, or present your own arguments. Is it that you can't or won't?

Don't worry, he'll have some like-minded buds posting soon, when old Droopy gets back from the DHSS, and the prancing ninny has had time to digest the latest fake news from Breitbart :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here