Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I did 'Stoptober' & never started again. After about 5 days it was surprisingly easy. For a while it felt like you was missing something, out of habit I'd always have certain fags at certain times in the day so once I overcame that it was easy. I had e-cigarettes for about 2-3 months which I used only when I really craved a fag, but around December time I stopped using them. I've probably had about 10 fags since October 1st last year, and prior to that I was on about 8-10 a day without fail, more at weekends when I was on the shant.

I occasionally still have 1 or 2 if I'm out with a smoker (and drinking), but if not it doesn't cross my mind. I find that smoking makes a hangover worse (not sure if there's any fact in that, science was never my strong point).

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Cheers mate. Does feel like cheating a bit huffing like a madman at the Ecig but it's a start...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I did 'Stoptober' & never started again. After about 5 days it was surprisingly easy. For a while it felt like you was missing something, out of habit I'd always have certain fags at certain times in the day so once I overcame that it was easy. I had e-cigarettes for about 2-3 months which I used only when I really craved a fag, but around December time I stopped using them. I've probably had about 10 fags since October 1st last year, and prior to that I was on about 8-10 a day without fail, more at weekends when I was on the shant.

I occasionally still have 1 or 2 if I'm out with a smoker (and drinking), but if not it doesn't cross my mind. I find that smoking makes a hangover worse (not sure if there's any fact in that, science was never my strong point).

You never stopped then as you are a smoker still

Bryzee

Dec 30, 2014
Seaford
What you need is a heart attack then 4 stents fitted into your heart and a week in cardiac care unit and everyone banging on that if you carry on smoking your gonna die thats what happen to me and i still crave for a smoke everyday.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What you need is a heart attack then 4 stents fitted into your heart and a week in cardiac care unit and everyone banging on that if you carry on smoking your gonna die thats what happen to me and i still crave for a smoke everyday.

When did you give up?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Cheers mate. Does feel like cheating a bit huffing like a madman at the Ecig but it's a start...

Everybody responds to different schemes when giving up. Providing a person wants to give up the hard part is finding what method suits you the best.

My 'no-smoking' nurse was brilliant. I told her how I felt I responded best....and she went along with it and was hugely understanding and supportive. The best thing she said to me was that if I didn't succeed this time...no worries...she would just try something else.

Bryzee

Dec 30, 2014
Seaford
I gave up 10 years ago but sometimes have a puff of weed if anybodys got a j on the go

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You never stopped then as you are a smoker still

In your eyes - maybe. In mine - definitely not. I don't crave a fag at all on a day to day basis. I would've smoked around 1,500 fags since October 1st based on what I was smoking a week. I've smoked probably 10.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I gave up 10 years ago but sometimes have a puff of weed if anybodys got a j on the go

That's why you crave then as you are putting nicotine in your body. It will be 3 years in March for me and i don't crave at all. I might occasionally think about it but it doesn't last. Yeah well done though. Knock the weed on the head

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In your eyes - maybe. In mine - definitely not. I don't crave a fag at all on a day to day basis. I would've smoked around 1,500 fags since October 1st based on what I was smoking a week. I've smoked probably 10.

Deny it all you want. You smoke therefore you are a smoker whether you like it or not. Not that i care mind.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Deny it all you want. You smoke therefore you are a smoker whether you like it or not. Not that i care mind.

Christ...who needs enemies with supporters like you...lol..!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Amazing start......1500 down to 10...each to their own way of giving up. Wish I could have done it this way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unashamed bounce to pat myself on the back, a year tomorrow into my latest effort at giving up :thumbsup:

It is not easy, even now!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unashamed bounce to pat myself on the back, a year tomorrow into my latest effort at giving up :thumbsup:

Good work Sir!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Well done you .

I still wanted a ciggy after a year, but during the last few months the desire/need for one has gone completely...thank goodness !

Day 537.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A quick bounce as yet another attempt for me starts today with STOPTOBER this year.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Good work and good luck Pasty.

Ridiculously large selection of electronic fags out there. Any suggestions from anyone who has both kicked the habit AND needs not vape any more??

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Somebody mentioned this thread on [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] ‘s hospital thread yesterday.

For the record I still haven’t had a smoke since July 2012. Sometimes I really fancy one but I daren’t. I know just one would turn me back into a proper smoker again in a matter of weeks.

How is everyone else doing?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Very proud to say that I've gone 7 years without now. I had forgotten when I have up until I noticed tji s bounce.
Genuinely don't miss it at all and only rarely think about it when something like this thread reminds me that I used to smoke.
Wouldn't have a clue what a pack of ciggies would even cost these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here