Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
A couple of half chances in the 1st half for Brighton but I think the first 3 attacks we were let down by again being offside.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are you watching a different game to me?

They always come out when we are losing.

CH Tactics next. Should really have a go at top 6 teams..............

We tried that before Liverpool and Chelsea 1-5 & 0-4

I agree that we aren't playing too badly.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We've defended quite well, but our ball retention is quite frankly embarrassing, you can't just keep kicking the ball back to them, unsurprising that they eventually broke through.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
this is a different game to Saturday ..move on! we were doing very well and are only one Nil down .. can still ibe n this if we believe … not in it for sure if we dont!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No gameplan other than to defend for the total 90. How many times does that work?

Weak links have been the wingers, March and Ali J lose the ball too easily. Could AK have done more to block the cross. Been hard on Stephens of late but he’s done ok this evening

Thought Knocky was poor for there goal. You can see why Hughton prefers March to keep things tighter.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We've defended quite well, but our ball retention is quite frankly embarrassing, you can't just keep kicking the ball back to them, unsurprising that they eventually broke through.

That is our no 1 problem, been like it all season , we rarely string 3 passes together before it all breaks down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems to do the odd thing, like the deep cross to March but then he is careless for the vast majority of the time

Hopefully next season, just looks out of his depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might take a few seasons before he has the strength and where-with-all to function in PL. We need to be patient with AJ.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Is AJ capable of retaining the ball? Actually can anyone in the squad?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It might take a few seasons before he has the strength and where-with-all to function in PL. We need to be patient with AJ.

That appears to be the problem with our signings, with the exception of Propper and Gross they have all been ‘work in progress’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

This is the story of the last two seasons. Only Bissouma and Andone look remotely like hanging onto the ball tonight. Wingers have been particularly wasteful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here