Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What suits me is that they sort this farce out one way or the other quickly so that the country can move on. I have not seen many signs of that happening.

It is very difficult. Much has been written about it. Many have repeatedly stated that voting leave was like voting to fly. Learning how to grow wings, etc, is not straightforward. Nor, on reflection, is it necessarily advisable.

As for your desire for haste, again as many have said, it is much better to make the right decision than the quickest. If we are going to leave, let's leave wisely. If we can't leave wisely, let's not leave.

Also, I prefer to not leave and you (I am guessing) prefer to leave, which may explain your desire for haste and mine for consideration. Fancy that! :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is very difficult. Much has been written about it. Many have repeatedly stated that voting leave was like voting to fly. Learning how to grow wings, etc, is not straightforward. Nor, on reflection, is it necessarily advisable.

As for your desire for haste, again as many have said, it is much better to make the right decision than the quickest. If we are going to leave, let's leave wisely. If we can't leave wisely, let's not leave.

Also, I prefer to not leave and you (I am guessing) prefer to leave, which may explain your desire for haste and mine for consideration. Fancy that! :thumbsup:

My point was that our politicians cannot make decisions. 3 years so far and we are no further forward. That is not haste, that is hopeless leadership from the whole lot of them.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Nearly all of the political and business establishment/elites in the UK, Europe and further afield including the sweeties that delivered the financial crisis and the Euro crisis were all backing Remain. I realise this is an uncomfortable truth for the numerous Corbynista fan boys on NSC. Carry on doing their bidding though you are doing a grand job.

When you fling Corbyn as being in bed with elites they you know you're talking absolute rubbish. :lolol:

Name some.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
It's far more nuanced than that; have you had a chance to read the link I sent?
https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/
This really does explain it well.

It still goes back to taking the public`s view and abiding by the result ,and includes Labour voters and others ,it would not look good if they ignored the result . So they have been trying ever since against a Remain parliament and Labour who are chopping and changing over Brexit but just want to get into power to bring massive changes to the economy it will be down to the public again to give whatever mandate .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One thing confuses me. Let us imagine Boris wanted a no deal Brexit. As I said recently, this is rational; why not leave with no deal, ride the storm, then negiociate later when everyone's minds are focused? It is not what I want but if I were a Brexiteer I'd like it.

He could easily have spent the last several weeks in Brussels, 'attempting' to negotiate a deal, fail and we hard Brexit.

Instead he has antagonized parliament, played knavish tricks, somehow made Corbyn look statesmanlike, and lost every vote.

Now he's on the radio saying 'OK, I accept the outcome and will go to Brussels and get a deal before Oct 31'.

Why the actual **** say that, when he knows he won't get a deal on Oct 31 unless it is May's deal? If he comes back and says 'I failed because I refused to keep the backstop' (his only stance on Brexit) the result will be the can will be kicked down the road again (if the EU agree).

Hang on, though, if his plan is to hard Brexit then that is what will happen, surely? If he gets no deal by Oct 31....the EU will say 'ta ta' unless we ask for an extension. But Boris won't ask for an extension.

So the 'anti no deal' bill is toothless surely unless Boris either reinstates May's deal or Boris requests and gets an extension (which is something he would rather 'die in a ditch' than do).

Is Boris simply hoping the EU wil let us drift out with no deal? How will that make him look? He has now promised a deal by Oct 31 - how the **** will he manage that? ???

More importantly how can we ensure the EU agree to an extension if Boris doesn't ask for one (or asks in a way it is bound to be nit granted).

Smart people please help me out here !!!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I honestly feel that some people really haven't got the flavour of the public over all this, cataclysmic destruction of the liberal elite on the horizon i can see it coming :wink:
regards
DF

You only have the flavour of DM and Express readers .

By failing to acknowledge other tabloids you are exposed to confirmation bias.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My point was that our politicians cannot make decisions. 3 years so far and we are no further forward. That is not haste, that is hopeless leadership from the whole lot of them.

Mmmmm....I would rather view it as due process. Anyway, we shall see....All the best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One thing confuses me. Let us imagine Boris wanted a no deal Brexit. As I said recently, this is rational; why not leave with no deal, ride the storm, then negiociate later when everyone's minds are focused? It is not what I want but if I were a Brexiteer I'd like it.

He could easily have spent the last several weeks in Brussels, 'attempting' to negotiate a deal, fail and we hard Brexit.

Instead he has antagonized parliament, played knavish tricks, somehow made Corbyn look statesmanlike, and lost every vote.

Now he's on the radio saying 'OK, I accept the outcome and will go to Brussels and get a deal before Oct 31'.

Why the actual **** say that, when he knows he won't get a deal on Oct 31 unless it is May's deal? If he comes back and says 'I failed because I refused to keep the backstop' (his only stance on Brexit) the result will be the can will be kicked down the road again (if the EU agree).

Hang on, though, if his plan is to hard Brexit then that is what will happen, surely? If he gets no deal by Oct 31....the EU will say 'ta ta' unless we ask for an extension. But Boris won't ask for an extension.

So the 'anti no deal' bill is toothless surely unless Boris either reinstates May's deal or Boris requests and gets an extension (which is something he would rather 'die in a ditch' than do).

Is Boris simply hoping the EU wil let us drift out with no deal? How will that make him look? He has now promised a deal by Oct 31 - how the **** will he manage that? ???

More importantly how can we ensure the EU agree to an extension if Boris doesn't ask for one (or asks in a way it is bound to be nit granted).

Smart people please help me out here !!!

Boris Johnson often says the first thing that comes into his head.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...nt-solve-our-problems-says-Boris-Johnson.html

Writing for The Daily Telegraph, he says that if Britain left the EU, “we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused” by Brussels.

However, the London Mayor claims the “question of EU membership is no longer of key importance to the destiny of this country”. The political row risks overshadowing more important weaknesses in the economy.

“If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by “Bwussels”, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure,” the London Mayor says.

“Why are we still, person for person, so much less productive than the Germans? That is now a question more than a century old, and the answer is nothing to do with the EU. In or out of the EU, we must have a clear vision of how we are going to be competitive in a global economy.”

The more eagle eyed of you will have spotted this was 6 years ago, but it shows you that Boris isn't definitely against the EU, but is just doing what his political masters are telling him to do.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

So are you suggesting that the answer to 'not being able to make a decision', would be better served by just 'making one', in order to speed up the process?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
When you fling Corbyn as being in bed with elites they you know you're talking absolute rubbish. :lolol:

Name some.

*NewsFlash* for Mikey ... Corbyn is a lifelong Eurosceptic who leads a party that is overwhelmingly pro-Remain. He prefers power to his principles.

Goldman Sachs, CitiGroup, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan donating hundreds of thousands to the Remain campaign all thank you for your conversion to the dark side.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
*NewsFlash* for Mikey ... Corbyn is a lifelong Eurosceptic who leads a party that is overwhelmingly pro-Remain. He prefers power to his principles.

Goldman Sachs, CitiGroup, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan donating hundreds of thousands to the Remain campaign all thank you for your conversion to the dark side.

So why did you mention Corbynistas in a rant about remain elitism then? :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What suits me is that they sort this farce out one way or the other quickly so that the country can move on. I have not seen many signs of that happening.

The day we revoke article 50 we can move on.

It is estimated that a 'soft Brexit' will take another two years of negotiation (the 'transition period')with the EU on the Trade Deal following the agreement of the WA. The original estimate from invoking Article 50 to agreeing the WA (the easy part) was 2 years !

JRM has estimated 50 years to see the benefits of 'no deal' and most 'experts' agree that we will still be renegotiating deals at the end of that period.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your mob simply will not shoulder any of the blame, will you. Unbelievable.

What's pointing out the fact that Macron wasn't keen on the last extension in any way 'not shouldering the blame' ? Bizarre whataboutism there Clampy. The main point being that nobody - remainers nor leavers - can guarantee the EU will grant another extension. Unless of course you can prove differently ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have the prancing ninny on ignore. I gather from replies that he's prancing now about Boris' trope that Corbyn is scared of a general election. I really dislike ostensibly intelligent people who will gleefully grasp an obvious falsehood if it fits their narrative.

Anyway, it is people like these who are making me slowly and reluctantly consider Corbyn as perhaps worthy of my vote in a GE after all (having disavowed him over his prior feeble displays, and his hopless devotion to anything anti-Israel).

A mate of mine has to do business with dangerous people on occasion. He has to metaphorically count his fingers after a handshake. This is still preferable to attempting to do business with congenital liars who are too lazy and arrogant to bother putting in a proper shift. People who would embrace any congenital liar as long as he is wearing a blue rosette, especially during these difficult times, are dispicable and deluded in equal measure. I shall continue to ignore them.

It's an angst filled mixture of confused rage and despair from him. It's been pitiful to watch him for a quite a while now, he's been exposed as yesterday's man who backed the wrong horse for a long time, but you can sort of understand it now in the current climate - Johnson rides in to save the day, full of bravado and derring do, Brexit on the 31st October no if's or but's ......................and completely ****s it all up in next to no time and it ends up with the anti-christ himself - Jeremy Corbyn - having his old Etonian, Brexit hero completely owned and in the top pocket of his favourite cream jacket blazer. :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The conspiracy theorist in me tells me all this shit is just theatre with the purpose of stalling and making people annoyed enough to just stay in the EU just like the elite wants. Sure, the English people voted to leave EU, but if the banksters and oligarchs had any interest in democracy they wouldnt have put the power in Brussels in the first place.

Hardly a conspiracy theory it's pretty clear many MP's have always thought if they drag it out long enough and vote against anything the government does and refuse to make a decision on what type of Brexit they would support they hope enough people will simply get fed up and vote to end the chaos. As did the Welsh!

I'm going with my two learned friends, I can't believe you sheeple haven't seen it

283979764_7f86e010c4.jpg

I'm off to Southwick Tunnel just now to sign up

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Goodness me - that's a bit rich after the shenanigans of Vote Leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here