Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[/B]

I got taken to task for saying that on a post in the Times!
Unbelievable how easy it is to offend these days.
I used to have to try much harder :)

They were Sue Barker's words after the game. If it's good enough for Barker it's good enough for me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope that a longstanding Wimbledon tradition was maintained this year and that John McEnroe was asked " Can Andy win Wimbledon this year? "

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mrs BN9 has just put Wimbledon on the tv, she has not payed any attention to tennis since the last Wimbledon tournament :shrug::rolleyes: I have a terrible attention span so struggle to watch tennis.

Probably many more people are exactly the same I suppose, bit like only watching football on tv when the World Cup finals are on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WTF? Murray plays an under arm serve. Ungentlemanly conduct surely?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Limited number of tennis fans on here I appreciate, but Wimbledon on a sunny day, there is no better ‘in the flesh’ sporting experience you can get imho, walking around between the courts, the ivy-clad buildings, watching matches up close on smaller courts, standing within feet of players on court, lunch and drinks on the hill, bring your own booze, walking the snooty environs of SW19 with hundreds of other pilgrims on your approach to the venue, marvelling at the money it must cost to live around there etc. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, tennis fan or not.
Nicely summed up. Had a brilliant day on centre court. Not a huge tennis fan these days as bereft of the characters of yesteryear but would still highly recommend it for the experience. Our tickets brilliant as only 5 rows back from the court just left of centre and opposite the umpire. I thought £75 in the public ballot was a fair price

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nicely summed up. Had a brilliant day on centre court. Not a huge tennis fan these days as bereft of the characters of yesteryear but would still highly recommend it for the experience. Our tickets brilliant as only 5 rows back from the court just left of centre and opposite the umpire. I thought £75 in the public ballot was a fair price

I was in row D, right of centre . So similar experience of the games. Have not been that close to the players before, as usually a lot higher up.

Really enjoyed the different experience. And three really good games.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The amount of middle aged women oohing and ahhing at each shot in a Murray rally and then when they collectively slide off their seats when he wins a game/set puts me off to be honest.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
3a4e8ee28b2b900f401e3a0512e8c615.jpg

Had a great day out yesterday at Wimbledon. Managed to get Centre Court tickets for £75 (just got lucky on the official ticket website on Friday afternoon). Great view and experience. Was a shame there were so many empty seats for the start of Raducanu game and the whole of the Murray match. They must be able to come up with a better system to allow people in once a ticket holder has left for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was in row D, right of centre . So similar experience of the games. Have not been that close to the players before, as usually a lot higher up.

Really enjoyed the different experience. And three really good games.

We were gangway 113 row e yesterday and lady in front felt feint which was the second medical interruption play. Thankfully all was well as she later returned to her seat. I have to say that the humidity was pretty high when the roof was across. Amongst the range of famous faces we noted comedian Lee Mack right at the front opposite to us and was only there for about an hour and never reappeared.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We were gangway 113 row e yesterday and lady in front felt feint which was the second medical interruption play. Thankfully all was well as she later returned to her seat. I have to say that the humidity was pretty high when the roof was across. Amongst the range of famous faces we noted comedian Lee Mack right at the front opposite to us and was only there for about an hour and never reappeared.

Gangway 111.
Really humid when we got into our seats with the roof closed, it did cool down after a little while. Richard Osman was there through the first 2 matches at least, he had gone missing towards the end of Murray's match.
It felt so different after they had opened the roof for Emma's match TD

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Kyrgios is his own worst enemy. Never a dull moment

Horrible person. Should be banned for his tantrums. Even post match was having a dig at the crowd supporting a Brit.
WTF Did he expect?
Edit.
Nick Kyrgios has admitted he spat in the direction of a "disrespectful" spectator at the end of his five-set victory over Britain's Paul Jubb.
Respect is earned and he is failing.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nadal being tested by the Argie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here