• No

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 62 24.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a fan of piano-led rock. It just sounds naff to me. Don't mind the occasional piano love song if the lyrics are good enough.

You must love Jackson Browne then :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your Madonna one worked, but this line makes the trolling just too obvious.
Would have been better if the poll was public

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watched the rather splendid Rocketman tonight (Egerton - superb. Give it 10 years and he could be Bond material).
Well he has already done Kingsmen, so he's had practice.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. Screenshot_20220703-082758_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm not even that big a fan, but I recognise genius when I see it. He's written and performed some of the most iconic and played pop songs in history. Are they ALL brilliant ? No. But Elton John as a songwriter and performer is (imo) undeniably brilliant.

Pedant alert: Performer and musician yes 100% but most if not all of his lyrics have been written by Bernie Taupin.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is indeed absolute GASH, it has now ruined the very good original version for me too

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He’s a load of tosh and our late friend on here Catfish would never forgive me if I didn’t have a dig if only to get vegster out to drawl all over the fat queen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He’s a load of tosh and our late friend on here Catfish would never forgive me if I didn’t have a dig if only to get vegster out to drawl all over the fat queen.
Music has such great diversity that there is something for everyone...I happen to like Elton's tunes and singing combined with Bernies brilliant lyrics..

.I know the late and lamented Catfish had very esoteric tastes in music which differed from mine but that was not a problem for either of us, besides, I couldn't afford the amount of drugs needed to listen to Leonard Cohen.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He would have made a comment though… I felt it rather had to be said on his behalf.

And you wasted all your drugs money on drink.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Music has such great diversity that there is something for everyone...I happen to like Elton's tunes and singing combined with Bernies brilliant lyrics..

.I know the late and lamented Catfish had very esoteric tastes in music which differed from mine but that was not a problem for either of us, besides, I couldn't afford the amount of drugs needed to listen to Leonard Cohen.

I like early Elton and prefer late Laughing Len to early but he wrote and sang some brilliant songs :shrug:

You do not need any drugs for this

https://youtu.be/EImVucJO7Ok

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like early Elton and prefer late Laughing Len to early but he wrote and sang some brilliant songs :shrug:

You do not need any drugs for this

https://youtu.be/EImVucJO7Ok

I went to see both Cohen and then the Webb Sisters with Catfish. Lovely days. Lovely people. Lovely songs.and as it happened….. lovely drugs.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Travesty of a cover with Britney Spears. :nono:

I love Elton’s songs and his voice, but he seriously needs to stop. It’s embarrassing now

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That was one of one of the best gigs I’ve ever seen (albeit on the telly).

Absolutely electric. I’ve not seen Elton so interested in a gig in, well, my adult life to be honest. He was absolutely on fire tonight.

That was one of the greatest Glastonbury headline performances of all time, the crowd reckoned to be the largest in history, and all for (I was reliably told) a very uncool and out of touch 76 year old guy nobody cares about any more.

Seeing him live a few times, I was very impressed. Tonight was a different level; despite the new hips, advanced age and making his Glastonbury debut.

What an absolutely phenomenal way to go out. Banger after banger, brilliantly sung despite the obvious changes in his range being closer to 80 years old than 70. Band absolutely perfect.

Wow. Be interesting to do a new poll tonight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That was one of one of the best gigs I’ve ever seen (albeit on the telly).

Absolutely electric. I’ve not seen Elton so interested in a gig in, well, my adult life to be honest. He was absolutely on fire tonight.

That was one of the greatest Glastonbury headline performances of all time, the crowd reckoned to be the largest in history, and all for (I was reliably told) a very uncool and out of touch 76 year old guy nobody cares about any more.

Seeing him live a few times, I was very impressed. Tonight was a different level; despite the new hips, advanced age and making his Glastonbury debut.

What an absolutely phenomenal way to go out. Banger after banger, brilliantly sung despite the obvious changes in his range being closer to 80 years old than 70. Band absolutely perfect.

Wow. Be interesting to do a new poll tonight.
THIS! Phenomenal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here