Votes: 41 15.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 62 24.0%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Further to Swansman's recommendation, I have to second it. Probably the best act I've seen live (or top 5 in the hundreds I've seen).

One of the best. Agree?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suggest that if pianist/vocalists is your thing, you go and see Stevland Hardaway Morris live, then you wouldn't start threads like this :lolol:

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I suggest that if pianist/vocalists is your thing, you go and see Stevland Hardaway Morris, then you wouldn't start threads like this:lolol:

Stevie Wonder is great. Liking one doesn't preclude another.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's alright. Occasionally. Mostly 50 years ago.

TBF, did very well at Dodi Fayed's latest squeeze's funeral - that must have taken a lot of bottle. One of Bernie Taupin's better efforts, not improved by the mawkish re-arranged lyrics.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not even that big a fan, but I recognise genius when I see it. He's written and performed some of the most iconic and played pop songs in history. Are they ALL brilliant ? No. But Elton John as a songwriter and performer is (imo) undeniably brilliant.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not even that big a fan, but I recognise genius when I see it. He's written and performed some of the most iconic and played pop songs in history. Are they ALL brilliant ? No. But Elton John as a songwriter and performer is (imo) undeniably brilliant.

You'd agree, there are people here, specifically on this forum, who find being "contrary" fun? I fully expect this poll to go firmly against.

Not everyone has your intelligence and non-biased view.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Although no great fan was persuaded to go when he appeared at Hove. Within 10 mins realised what a great live performer he was.
Jools Holland still best key board player have seen live

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'd agree, there are people here, specifically on this forum, who find being "contrary" fun? I fully expect this poll to go firmly against.

Not everyone has your intelligence and non-biased view.

Cheers! I might just nick that for my signature :lolol: :thumbsup:

I'm Still Standing, and Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting are two of my guilty pleasures. But then I've always been an 80s nut.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cheers! I might just nick that for my signature :lolol: :thumbsup:

I'm Still Standing, and Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting are two of my guilty pleasures. But then I've always been an 80s nut.

Goodbye yellow brick road is an all time classic.:)

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

He didn't write most of the songs did he? Just the music?

He's still a brilliant performer though!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been a fan since about 1975, I bought Blue Moves with my first pay packet. He's had some good times and plenty of bad times, he's been a **** on numerous occasions and hes' said that but, he's come through to the other side of drink and drugs and always been pretty honest and self depreciating in interviews. His autobiography Me is a must read. He's a consummate entertainer and performer and always keen to support upcoming singers and musicians, he has a massive back catalogue and his partnership with Bernie Taupin is second only to Lennon and McCartney in my book.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Brilliant", "Talented" or "One of the best" - what exactly is the question?!

(And how can anyone be talented "sometimes"?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He didn't write most of the songs did he? Just the music?

He's still a brilliant performer though!

I'm not his biographer, but I'd always assumed he wrote his own stuff. There's often collaberations involved, but I'd be surprised to learn he wasn't the writer of his own songs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's alright. Occasionally. Mostly 50 years ago.

TBF, did very well at Dodi Fayed's latest squeeze's funeral - that must have taken a lot of bottle. One of Bernie Taupin's better efforts, not improved by the mawkish re-arranged lyrics.

Tumble fringe connection. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here