Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think this trade makes it clear that what Brady has achieved in his career will never be replicated. How many pay cuts did he take, salary adjustments, just to keep the squad as stacked as possible.

Chiefs team will fall apart in the next couple of years as they struggle for cap space due to Mahomes insane contract.

As a Seattle fan, I’m obviously gutted that Wilson has gone (and that we don’t really have anything like a comparable way forward with Drew Lock), but apparently Wilson’s wage demands were Mahomes-esque, and would have crippled a team that was already struggling to make things work around the amount of cap space he was taking up. Financially it would have been suicidal to keep him, and since he was allegedly determined to leave anyway, it truly wouldn’t have been worth it.

I do like the way NFL runs the draft system and the cap system and so on to try and build some parity into the league, and to prevent what’s happened to football here, but sometimes it can actually take over “just being a team”, and cause financial scenarios that seem unnecessary.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Huge amount of teams going for possible one year options with the hope that if it fails they can somehow get their hands on Bryce Young or CJ Stroud who are both being described as “generational talents” in the draft in 2023.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah I nearly forgot.

Today I listened to what can only be called a degenerate gambler talk through next season's NFL.

I felt like sitting in on a Star Lizard meeting with them all on speed.

Anyhoo the upshot being, the 4 teams with the easiest schedule are:-

The Care Bears.
Sheagles.
Commies.
Dolts.

My man was very keen on the Commies.
The host had the hots for Dolts.

They were in agreement that the Chiefs were screwed.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Oh yeah I nearly forgot.

Today I listened to what can only be called a degenerate gambler talk through next season's NFL.

I felt like sitting in on a Star Lizard meeting with them all on speed.

Anyhoo the upshot being, the 4 teams with the easiest schedule are:-

The Care Bears.
Sheagles.
Commies.
Dolts.

My man was very keen on the Commies.
The host had the hots for Dolts.

They were in agreement that the Chiefs were screwed.

How about The Spackers ?

There must be a spread bet on when Bodgers rsole will twitch in the playoffs :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How about The Spackers ?

There must be a spread bet on when Bodgers rsole will twitch in the playoffs :D

The degenerate reckons we're so screwed he's looking favourably at the Viqueens.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Subjective of course, but an interesting chart that attempts to gauge how much each team has improved or, um, 'unimproved' so far this close season.

Great to see my Seahawks way out on their own at the bottom… :down:

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 12.26.00.png

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Draft Night, not particularly excited as I’m overly enthused by any of the prospects that Jacksonville are looking at, rounds 2 and 3 are more interesting for me.

This has been a wild draft so far with the Wide Receivers that have been traded in the mid round picks. So many teams with two picks have come out of this well so far (Cowboys on the clock at Pick 24 as I'm typing this).

- Giants being able to take Thibodeaux at 5 and then still having their pick of two of the OT's at 7 was wild.
- Eagles making the move up for Jordan Davies as the long term Fletcher Cox replacement and then acquiring AJ Brown in a trade.
- Love the Saints aggressive move to get Olave and then draft Penning.
- Lions getting Hutchinson and then absolutely rinsing the Vikings in terms of draft capital IMO to move up 20 spots and take Williams

The most satisfying part of tonight was my Chargers supporting friend watching on as all the WRs he wanted had gone by the time Williams went at 12, and flounced from our Discord watchalong!

EDIT: Add the Jets to this list. Getting Sauce and Garrett Wilson with their Top 10 picks, then trading back in at 26 after seeing Jermaine Johnson - who they were rumoured to be even considering at #4 - slip down the board, is potentially franchise changing...if Zach Wilson can make the step up needed in Year 2.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Stunned that Seattle didn’t trade down, as we seem to have done for the past gazillion drafts.

Actually stuck with pick #9, therefore our highest pick since 2010 I believe.

And didn’t go rogue either. OT Charles Cross is a selection that seems to be getting “yup, decent enough pick” verdicts.

Even a few sarky comments about us finally getting someone who can protect Russell Wilson in the pocket, lol.

Today we have picks 40 and 41, so are on the board early on. Interesting to see - if there are still QBs left at that point - whether we take one after all, as going into the draft I don’t think that was really the agenda.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well that was a long night. Glad the Commanders picked up some mid round picks but I was perplexed that we let Hamilton, Williams and Olave slip through our fingers. My initial disappointments down to me not knowing anything about Dotson, having researched him a bit he seems like a decent if unspectacular pick, at least we helped Wentz out.

Roll on Day 2!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Please God, don’t let the Giants feck up picks 5 and 7……

The Giants have certainly made questionable draft decisions in the past. But I think new GM Joe Schoen has done OK on his first draft having landed Oregon pass-rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux at No. 5 and then Alabama offensive lineman Evan Neal at No. 7.

Could this be a turning point for Big Blue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here