Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Must've been a tough one to sit through in Denver last night, with all points coming from the boot.
Wilson 21/39 0 TD 2 Int
Ryan 26/41 0 TD 2 Int

Sods law that Wilson will find his mojo at Wembley against the Jags.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
That was one of the worst games i've ever seen, atleast we got the win. Wilson missed a wide open receiver in the last drive too. Our O-line has gone to the pits, whilst Ryan has been poor he's had such little protection

Jul 7, 2003
I watched it this morning. Gutted I didn't back the 80/1 on offer for no touchdown scorer that I seriously considered last night.

If I'm being polite I'd describe it as attritional but as above, it was one of the worst games I've seen. Some comedy moments in there when it comes to poor play. A Colts player got an interception and was about to hit open field for a TD and then fell over his own feet. Also, on a rare Wilson accurate deep ball, a Colts defence player collided with one of the officials when going for the interception, then two Broncos players managed to catch the ball at the same time.

If you were planning to watch the highlights later then don't bother as there were none.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Was a pathetic performance by both teams last night. I guess you can be somewhat happy as a Colts fan because you won at least I guess? But again, absolutely awful to watch, like two high school teams playing. And Wilson so far this season looks a shadow of his self. I didn't have a dog in this fight per say, but expected better performances from both teams.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As a Seattle fan, this trade is starting to look like the best piece of business the club has ever done.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
As a Seattle fan, this trade is starting to look like the best piece of business the club has ever done.

So far, no doubt Seattle is getting the best out of it. Wilson's contract and general demeanor was draining the organization on several different levels, and they can now start the rebuild. Wilson might get it together, but looking at the rest of Denver's schedule, that is easier said than done.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn't go yesterday, but am going on Sunday to see the Packers.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the Packers in Green Bay - it was minus something stupid, so I expect the weather - and the atmosphere to be very different.

I image the vast majority of fans on Sunday will be Packers fans - after all t's the first time they've been over here .

You called it.

Lots of Packers. About 10 of us Giants in our block.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Giants win. Nice.

Great 2nd half show by the Giants to turn it around.

Those £60 cheesehead hats will be going for half-price shortly.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Brilliant game this afternoon. Fantastic comeback for the Giants. Looking decent this season! :)

Frustrating to still be sat third though with Eagles and Cowboys also starting well :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
FFS. Just get out of bounds......

I missed the first quarter of the Bears and tuned in just in time to see Fields spill a snap inside his own 15. Yet, from there, it just got better and better and still we screwed it up. Arrgh.

Great game from Cousins at the start, but I can't help thinking what would have been had the Viqueens not won (and definitely earned) a foul on Fields' disallowed touchdown and had we run that 2 minute drill better.

Still, congrats to [MENTION=42698]Popeye[/MENTION] (he said through gritted teeth). I'd probably rather it was Minnesota than Green Bay in the North and it ain't going to be us unless we can turn that second half fitness and educated risk play calling into results.

:rant:

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
FFS. Just get out of bounds......

I missed the first quarter of the Bears and tuned in just in time to see Fields spill a snap inside his own 15. Yet, from there, it just got better and better and still we screwed it up. Arrgh.

Great game from Cousins at the start, but I can't help thinking what would have been had the Viqueens not won (and definitely earned) a foul on Fields' disallowed touchdown and had we run that 2 minute drill better.

Still, congrats to [MENTION=42698]Popeye[/MENTION] (he said through gritted teeth). I'd probably rather it was Minnesota than Green Bay in the North and it ain't going to be us unless we can turn that second half fitness and educated risk play calling into results.

:rant:

Thanks pal and yeah bad decision by him, no reason to fight for more yards at that point just stop the clock. Glad to be 4-1 of course, but we still need to do some work defensively, Donatell as our DC is not really impressing me so far.I think we had our fair share of luck today, and you need that in the NFL at times. Good luck to the Bears against Washington this Thursday; we go to Miami which will not be an easy one, though can't see Tua playing and their backup QB's suck lol so we shall see.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another high-scoring shoot out for the Seahawks.

After last week's 48–45 win, this time a 32–39 loss.

Good points.
Offence. Four beautiful TDs, plenty of good stuff and another week that exceeded expectations.

Bad points.

Losing Rashaad Penny for the season. Poor guy. Five seasons, each one cut short by a major injury. There's a top talent there, but he just never gets a break.
Defence, especially against the pass rush. Not quite as abysmal as last week, but still woefully inadequate.
****ing bad calls, nonsense flags and so on. Honestly, I love this game, but there are games like last night when the whole thing gets decided by a bullshit call from the refs and you wonder why bother watching.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Another high-scoring shoot out for the Seahawks.

After last week's 48–45 win, this time a 32–39 loss.

Good points.
Offence. Four beautiful TDs, plenty of good stuff and another week that exceeded expectations.

Bad points.

Losing Rashaad Penny for the season. Poor guy. Five seasons, each one cut short by a major injury. There's a top talent there, but he just never gets a break.

Geno is playing extremely well, and threw some insane passes last night. Has certainly shut the doubters up, for now.
Penny was a beast at SDSU and looked like he would be a bone fide NFL star but, as you say, injuries have plagued him since turning pro.
Last seasons run-in looked like he had got over the injury curse, and he proved he can be one of the leagues best, but I fear he will never be fully healthy again. Such a shame.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Defeats for the Albion and the Browns, plus Palace winning. Pretty much the worst-possible weekend :(

Browns are SO frustrating this season. We could (should?) be 5-0.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
How bout them Cowboys!

That call against the Falcons last night, so unlucky, Brady is such a pampered pillock, any other QB wouldn't have been given that, utter joke of a call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here