Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What games are everyone watching.

We started Raiders vs Titans, now switched to Colts vs Chiefs

Watched my Bears beat a fairly awful Texans team by a last second field goal. Lots and lots of rushing. Took me back to the 80s (but not '85, this iteration will be lucky to hit a winning season).

Still. GTF IN! :vuvu:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
What games are everyone watching.

We started Raiders vs Titans, now switched to Colts vs Chiefs

Just finished watching that ridiculous Bills game at Miami which had just about everything. Gutted for Buffalo. Came into the match banged up on defense, lost what seemed like another dozen during the game yet still came within in a whisker of pulling off an improbable victory in horrible conditions, with players dropping like flies from heat exhaustion and cramp. Amazed that Tua was allowed to continue after taking a late push and banging his head on the ground - came up stumbling like a drunk but somehow passed concussion protocol. Just hope the decimated Bills can regroup and recover for another challenging road game at Baltimore next week.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just finished watching that ridiculous Bills game at Miami which had just about everything. Gutted for Buffalo. Came into the match banged up on defense, lost what seemed like another dozen during the game yet still came within in a whisker of pulling off an improbable victory in horrible conditions, with players dropping like flies from heat exhaustion and cramp. Amazed that Tua was allowed to continue after taking a late push and banging his head on the ground - came up stumbling like a drunk but somehow passed concussion protocol. Just hope the decimated Bills can regroup and recover for another challenging road game at Baltimore next week.

Agree re Tua saw that during a time out in our game.

Looked more whiplashy than anything?

He certainly looked unstable though, and I’d imagine the Dolphins may come in for some criticism for letting him continue.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Agree re Tua saw that during a time out in our game.

Looked more whiplashy than anything?

He certainly looked unstable though, and I’d imagine the Dolphins may come in for some criticism for letting him continue.

Yeah, maybe, but it's pretty inconsistent given the way players are taken out for the game when there's even a hint of concussion - never mind when they are clearly unstable on their feet. When the dust settles, and provided the injury list clears up, I think there are alot of positives to take from the game for Buffalo. Miami weren't as good as I expected, even with everything going in their favour - Bills basically lost the game rather than Miami winning it. Bills had 42mins of possession and made 497 yards on offense, just needed to convert a little better in the red zone. I anticipate a very different outcome in the rematch, and remain optimistic about the season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Did you note the bit where they showed how the home touchline is in shade, and the visiting team in blazing sunshine? A nice little advantage for Miami in every home game!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Living in Dubai and supporting a west coast team (Seattle) has always been a pain.

Most games start at midnight/1am here, late games at 3/4am. Perhaps once a season we get a 9/10pm game.

However this season my team has given me the perfect solution: go to bed at half time. With just 3pts total scored across three second halves so far this season, there's clearly no point hanging around for Q3 and 4.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The Ringers excellent anthology series Gamblers is back.

Ep 2 & 3 series 2 are about my man Rufus Peabody.

https://www.theringer.com/2022/9/21/23363621/gamblers-super-bowl-props-rufus-peabody-nfl

The similarities between Rufus and what we're led to believe about our own Mr Bloom are so staggering I'd be absolutely amazed if the don't know each other and are perhaps friends.

Ep2, above, is Rufus' life story up to last year's Superbowl.
Ep3, on Wednesday, will go into more detail about how Rufus bet over $1m on analytical 'holes' in the market.

As said it's very Tony Bloom and as always an enjoyable listen.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Brainless 4th down call from 'Gamblin' Dan Campbell (who did anything but gamble) with under 2 minutes to go costs Detroit a first road win since god knows when :down:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watched the "highlights" of the Niners at the Broncos. ****ing hell. And not in a good way.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Calling [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]

Goodness me. The turnaround in this team is incredible. Doug Pederson is the man, he’s making the game easier for Trevor. Obviously we’re only 3 games in but the professionalism and confidence is aeons away from the Meyer experiment. Christian Kirk looks like a steal for his much laughed at contract, Travon Walker is an absolute monster. I just can’t get it all typed out. I just sat there last night in my old (now lucky) Bortles jersey grinning like a teenager who just felt his first pair of boobs.

Last night was the Jags first road game victory since Minshew lead us to the W against the Raiders in their final game at the coliseum.

A quirky stat about last night, Peyton Manning’s first road win came against the Chargers and was week 3 of his 2nd season.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Just watched the "highlights" of the Niners at the Broncos. ****ing hell. And not in a good way.

Watched the whole game this morning, a pretty poor game of football all round. Some poor decisions by the officials but they were probably just trying to inject some excitement into the game. Not often a team is saved by a safety call.

Melvin Gordon seems like he is handling a bar of soap this season when he gets in the red zone. Why they don’t give it Williams, Boone or Beck is a mystery.

Still, Broncos joint top of AFC West and the odd sign that Russ is starting to settle in.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Goodness me. The turnaround in this team is incredible. Doug Pederson is the man, he’s making the game easier for Trevor. Obviously we’re only 3 games in but the professionalism and confidence is eons away from the Meyer experiment. Christian Kirk looks like a steal for his much laughed at contract, Travon Walker is an absolute monster. I just can’t get it all typed out. I just sat there last night in my old (now lucky) Bortles jersey grinning like a teenager who just felt his first pair of boobs.

Last night was the Jags first road game victory since Minshew lead us to the W against the Raiders in their final game at the coliseum.

A quirky stat about last night, Peyton Manning’s first road win came against the Chargers and was week 3 of his 2nd season.

My brother is a Jags fan also(He lived in Jacksonville for a few years) and he is over the moon with this team so far also. Lawrence is playing way better, and coaching and defense has taken a step up also. Jags were my surprise team before the season started, and they are living up to that so far; my sleeper AFC playoff pick also.

Congrats friend, my Vikes won also so great weekend for us both!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Goodness me. The turnaround in this team is incredible. Doug Pederson is the man, he’s making the game easier for Trevor. Obviously we’re only 3 games in but the professionalism and confidence is eons away from the Meyer experiment. Christian Kirk looks like a steal for his much laughed at contract, Travon Walker is an absolute monster. I just can’t get it all typed out. I just sat there last night in my old (now lucky) Bortles jersey grinning like a teenager who just felt his first pair of boobs.

Absolutely flying. Pleased for you. Although the Giants are our team, we like the Jags…..

I don’t feel the same animosity to NFL teams the way I do about football teams in this country who I genuinely despise. (Other than the Eagles of course - stupid name),

O/T - shouted Duuuuvalllll at Khan the Fulham owner, and I didn’t even get a reaction.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Absolutely flying. Pleased for you. Although the Giants are our team, we like the Jags…..

I don’t feel the same animosity to NFL teams the way I do about football teams in this country who I genuinely despise. (Other than the Eagles of course - stupid name),

O/T - shouted Duuuuvalllll at Khan the Fulham owner, and I didn’t even get a reaction.
I’m assuming it was Shad and not Tony?

The only NFL team I really dislike are the Titans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here