Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not trains at all for Brentford.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apologies if this already discussed but received an email this morning stating that for the Boxing Day fixture there will be no trains or buses except for the special ones put on by the club.

Attendance 7500?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
For those that haven't had the email then the additional details to a normal match day service are as follows.

Shuttle Bus service from Brighton and Lewes Stations with free parking at both stations, starts at 5pm.

Additional park and ride at Brendon Equestrian Centre in Pyecombe, Sainsbury's West Hove and Asda Hollingbury. But these must be pre-booked for anyone wishing to use the service (including walk ups). All start at 5pm.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...m_campaign=pmb&dm_i=2D77,1TLUI,3LN6ID,6B8TC,1

Racehill and Mill Road will operate as normal on a first come first served basis.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
would be interesting to know the total number of car par spaces at all these park and rides such that if everyone is used up and an average 2 people per vehicle equals 30k? doubt it, so whats everyone else doing walking? That said im not sure the club can do any more practically. The concept of a match with NO trains is totally wrong though given the whole stadium was built on that basis and the tickets obviously include that element.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I'm disappointed this fiasco is still going ahead. A rearranged fixture next year would have benefitted all concerned, and especially the poor fans trying to juggle family commitments on Boxing Day/night and virtually non-existent travel arrangements. But then fans who actually attend matches have long ceased to be any concern of the powers that be.....

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
but football is nothing without fans!

Were there late evening boxing day matches pre-covid? I cant recall any .

I cant recall there being any on this late before-I know there was a kerfuffle when the powers that be schedules a late christmas eve match a couple years ago

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
but football is nothing without fans!

Were there late evening boxing day matches pre-covid? I cant recall any .

I cant recall there being any on this late before-I know there was a kerfuffle when the powers that be schedules a late christmas eve match a couple years ago

The first Boxing Day 8pm debacle was in 2018 - Leicester v Liverpool.

It was 7:30pm kickoff the year before that.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
someone mentioned above attendance 7500, but does the official attendance record sales or bums on seats because Im sure Wolves was officially 30k but being at the ground there was no way there was more than 20k bums on seats 22k at most. For Brentford I estimate 9k bums on seats but officially the attendance will be given as something like 26k. Perhaps someone can can stick a poll up of estimated attendnace and also does anyone now how i add an avatar to my profile? Thanks

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As of 11:00 Tuesday there are still 1550 seats available for parking. I'm guessing thats bus seats rather than car spaces as you have to book bus seats.
The club are doing their best for us. 15K home and 3K away fans I reckon.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As of 11:00 Tuesday there are still 1550 seats available for parking. I'm guessing thats bus seats rather than car spaces as you have to book bus seats.
How are Brentford fans getting there if there are no trains? No way will they have anything like 3000.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
.... and also does anyone now how i add an avatar to my profile? Thanks

Go to the top right of this page and click on 'Settings'.

Then look down the left hand side of the next page and under 'My Settings', click on Edit Avatar.

It then gives you instructions on how to do it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How are Brentford fans getting there if there are no trains? No way will they have anything like 3000.

Official coaches, or drive l guess, no other conceivable way of doing it. That is going to put an awful lot of them off. Feel very sorry for them, their very first season in the Premier League, and on any other day of the year they would have sold out their allocation in no time at all.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Very optimistic, IMO. My guess, if the game goes ahead, would be 8-10k home and 1500 away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here