Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was booooooing Lamptey, he completely disappeared for the last 20 minutes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn’t hear any at the end of the game as I was out the stadium the moment the **** of a ref put his whistle to his fat gob, but I think the boos when maupay went off was not for maupay, it was for the ridiculous decision to take him off and replace him with a truly dreadful player! We could easily have taken off Gross and put the DJ up front with maupay as after all we were supposedly trying to win the game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn't boo and didn't hear any booing.

Far more concerned about the ever increasing number of banners begging for players' shirts that are being held up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite a bit of heated discussion about this today in various quarters.

My take: I didn't boo and I don't condone the booing, but I did expect it.

I don't think people were booing Graham Potter. I don't think they were booing individual players. I don't even think they were booing the team, as a whole, for not winning. I think it was more a collective expression of frustration that, once again, we failed to beat a pretty ordinary side that we'd largely dominated.

What's your take? If you could pick one reason for the booing, what would it be?

Mostly cumulative frustration out of the last 3/4 games in particular…..missed chances and missed opportunities to really get points in the bag against poor teams. If last night’s game had been on the back of a couple of wins I really don’t think it would have happened. Would have been frustration at dropped points and bemoaning hitting the woodwork 3 times etc, but not booing because otherwise the performance was good.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Was there until after the final whistle and I have to say that from the north stand I could not hear any booing and no one mentioned it on the coach afterwards, so I assume it was a minority and not around me, my view on the subject is shame on those who did boo as the game apart from not scoring was probably one of the best this season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is this turning into Schrödinger's boo? Nobody appears to have booed or heard booing but it apparently happened enough for Potter to be quizzed and subsequently throw us under the bus for it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Never heard any booing in our area, where was it coming from?

I didn't either. It really must have been about 10/20 people (kids, probably). Now because GP made a fuss and tarred our entire fan base based on the actions of those, the media are treating it as if we threw a pigs head on the pitch

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn't either. It really must have been about 10/20 people (kids, probably). Now because GP made a fuss and tarred our entire fan base based on the actions of those, the media are treating it as if we threw a pigs head on the pitch

How did he tar the whole fan base?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It was coming from the area around the tunnel. That's why Potter heard it and commented on it. He was shaking his head and could be seen saying "they're booing". He subsequently gave oxygen to the story by saying we were "fantastic". I feel that fantastic is reserved for convincing wins, or heroic draws away at Fortress Anfield and similar.. Describing a 0-0 home draw against a shit team where we missed an ocean liner load of chances as fantastic puts him alongside Bumble's 'we flippin' murdered' em" against Zimbabwe.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
It was coming from the area around the tunnel. That's why Potter heard it and commented on it. He was shaking his head and could be seen saying "they're booing". He subsequently gave oxygen to the story by saying we were "fantastic". I feel that fantastic is reserved for convincing wins, or heroic draws away at Fortress Anfield and similar.. Describing a 0-0 home draw against a shit team where we missed an ocean liner load of chances as fantastic puts him alongside Bumble's 'we flippin' murdered' em" against Zimbabwe.

So WSL or 1901? wouldn’t surprise me to have been certain elements in the 1901.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I didn't hear any boos but was half way down the stairs on the way out.

Silly really, the performance was largely excellent. Sanchez kept us in it towards the end but we go again. Disappointing to hear of people booing when the players worked so hard.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Quite a bit of heated discussion about this today in various quarters.

My take: I didn't boo and I don't condone the booing, but I did expect it.

I don't think people were booing Graham Potter. I don't think they were booing individual players. I don't even think they were booing the team, as a whole, for not winning. I think it was more a collective expression of frustration that, once again, we failed to beat a pretty ordinary side that we'd largely dominated.

What's your take? If you could pick one reason for the booing, what would it be?

I agree 100%. And I feel I need to say I did not and would not boo. A brilliant performance but, as per usual, cannot score in a brothel.

The club’s leaders are to blame for not addressing the oh so ****ing obvious problem with the squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we should always remember where we came from.

That was real pain and frustration, well for me anyway.

So we shouldn't complain about things as fans because we used to be a much smaller club than we are now? Does this mean by extension fans of other clubs who used to be bigger than they are now (e.g. Leeds, Massive) should be cut some slack and shown sympathy? Does it mean we can't have a good laugh at the delusional elements of the Man Utd and Arsenal fanbase (and up until recently Liverpool) whinging because they aren't winning every game anymore? Is this the end of #TeamsLikeBrighton?

To me it sounds like a bullshit way for a club hierarchy to try and use a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" for the shortcomings on the pitch in recent times and off the pitch (in certain areas) for much longer. We aren't in the Premier League because we won a spot in a phone in competition on Talksport, we're here because we deserve to be from the way we've improved over the last 10-15 years consistently and as such fobbing us off with "remember your history" is bollocks, IMHO.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So we shouldn't complain about things as fans because we used to be a much smaller club than we are now? Does this mean by extension fans of other clubs who used to be bigger than they are now (e.g. Leeds, Massive) should be cut some slack and shown sympathy? Does it mean we can't have a good laugh at the delusional elements of the Man Utd and Arsenal fanbase (and up until recently Liverpool) whinging because they aren't winning every game anymore? Is this the end of #TeamsLikeBrighton?

To me it sounds like a bullshit way for a club hierarchy to try and use a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" for the shortcomings on the pitch in recent times and off the pitch (in certain areas) for much longer. We aren't in the Premier League because we won a spot in a phone in competition on Talksport, we're here because we deserve to be from the way we've improved over the last 10-15 years consistently and as such fobbing us off with "remember your history" is bollocks, IMHO.
I'm not saying don't complain. But complain when its really needed and sitting in 8th, is not a time to complain.

We had this around this time last year, when we were in a relegation battle, not winning at home for yonks, and the negative Nancie's was proven wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not saying don't complain. But complain when its really needed and sitting in 8th, is not a time to complain.

We had this around this time last year, when we were in a relegation battle, not winning at home for yonks, and the negative Nancie's was proven wrong.

Right so we've now ruled out "being in an inflated league position despite not winning for over two months" and "involved in a Premier League relegation battle and not winning games against the really shite teams in the league" as two of the occasions when we're not allowed to complain. I refer you to the question I asked previously, at what point would complaining then be permitted? After relegation? Mid-table Championship? League 1?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here