Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Never heard any booing in our area, where was it coming from?

I'm west upper, towards the north end, and it mainly sounded like it came from the north stand. Nobody around me was booing, most people were pissed off and moaning, but no boos.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm west upper, towards the north end, and it mainly sounded like it came from the north stand. Nobody around me was booing, most people were pissed off and moaning, but no boos.

East Stand was empty, so definitely wasn't them.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I admit, I booed at the end. Booed out of frustration and yet again our failure to sign striker who can finish, is costing us again. We are having a very good season, but the fact we havent addressed the glaring problem up front is so so annoying.

GP acted like a baby at the end saying that. I don't think he gets that 99% of fans know how good we are as a team, they are just annoyed at the club not acting on the striker problem.

Well i will give you some credit for being the first person i have seen to openly admit that they booed . However i would like to point out that your second statement comes over as someone who does not like being called out for not wholeheartedly backing the team because surely if you feel it is your right to boo then how can you possibly say Graham Potter is wrong to express his opinion on it ?
you do realise surely that when just shouting boo it is impossible for anyone hearing it to completely interpret what you mean by it .
Maybe next game come with a big sign that clearly says " i am booing because ....." and hold it up at the same time !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wasn’t there yesterday, but looking at the stats and by the highlights, I’m assuming the boos came from frustration at out profligacy in front of goal. There are times when it’s unforgivable and given the number of missed chances we’ve had, eventually it was bound to happen.

That said, I would never boo the team. I might have shouted at Albion teams and have called them bloody useless while in the thick of it, but never boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i will give you some credit for being the first person i have seen to openly admit that they booed . However i would like to point out that your second statement comes over as someone who does not like being called out for not wholeheartedly backing the team because surely if you feel it is your right to boo then how can you possibly say Graham Potter is wrong to express his opinion on it ?
you do realise surely that when just shouting boo it is impossible for anyone hearing it to completely interpret what you mean by it .
Maybe next game come with a big sign that clearly says " i am booing because ....." and hold it up at the same time !

He's absolutely right to have an opinion. And no, I wouldn't bring that! lol

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

88% of people on here seems to have interpreted what he meant by it correctly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For those that did boo, given that the Albion lost £67million in 2019/20 and are likely to have lost £40-50m in 2020/21, all of which was underwritten by Tony Bloom, where is the money to buy the striker who will solve all our problems?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
For those that did boo, given that the Albion lost £67million in 2019/20 and are likely to have lost £40-50m in 2020/21, all of which was underwritten by Tony Bloom, where is the money to buy the striker who will solve all our problems?

Surely it comes from the sale of Bissouma who should get replaced by a youngster within the squad, and sadly the money we get from Trossard (as his contract is running out). Isn't that how it should work?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I didn't boo but wouldn't Mwepu + Cucurella = striker? And weren't their transfer fees, pre amortisation, paid out of the White money?

Now, we very much needed Cucurella but I'm still to be convinced that Mwepu adds anything we didn't already have. And I think the real striker issue is the back up to Maupay. Someone that can either play with him or challenge for the top spot without the need to change formation. And therefore flogging Connolly to a Championship club (if there were takers of course) would have been essentially pure profit. You say "youth development", I say we got one season out of White before doing exactly that with him.

Lastly, given how many defenders we have, could we have put Roberts out on loan instead of Zeqiri?

Maupay / New Striker / Welbz / Zeqiri looks a lot better to me than Connolly's dissappering act and DJ Useless on the bench. And the above just about wipes its face financially doesn't it?

It does rely on there being takers for the "outs" though, and, if there weren't then perhaps the issue is as much one of the ability to develop and sell on as it is to "just buy a striker"???

Not every transfer or youth player works out of course, but given your DULLARD insights, do the likes of, say, Burnley or Wolves have players like Connolly and Locadia sat on their First Team attacking options list?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I guess it could come from not buying half a dozen expensive loanees who may never play in the first XI.
Plus the money generated by not finishing 17th.
Plus the extra revenue from more TV appearances.
Plus the money from not buying yet another #10. who's hardly played.
Plus the money from not having to pay unWelbeck another season.

The end of season review SHOULD have been very simple.

BDB can't play LWB, if we're to be taken seriously.
&
Goals = points = money.

That's it, as the starting XI this season clearly states there's not much else wrong with the team.

Phenomenal business for part one.

No business for part two.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and makes the top of the club look like something the most definitely aren't.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyhoo I'm busy this week preparing my banners for Southampton:-

images (2).jpeg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

We are in the lower west near the south stand which would explain why we heard nothing. So it all sounds like a few people being bellends.
An out of character over reaction by GP, who was probably as frustrated as the rest of us with the teams inability to find the net.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't boo but wouldn't Mwepu + Cucurella = striker? And weren't their transfer fees, pre amortisation, paid out of the White money?

Now, we very much needed Cucurella but I'm still to be convinced that Mwepu adds anything we didn't already have.

Quite shocking GB!

Mwepu adds the exact thing we are crying out for; goals!!!!!!

By all means, we can sell the likes of Moder, Alzate, Bissouma, Lallana & Groß but we’ve actually signed a midfielder who can score.

Mwepu is like gold dust in this squad and looked amazing when 100% fit against Liverpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite shocking GB!

By all means, we can sell the likes of Moder, Alzate, Bissouma, Lallana & Groß but we’ve actually signed a midfielder who can score.

Mwepu is like gold dust in this squad and looked amazing when 100% fit against Liverpool.

Goal, not goals!!!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Now, we very much needed Cucurella but I'm still to be convinced that Mwepu adds anything we didn't already have. And I think the real striker issue is the back up to Maupay. Someone that can either play with him or challenge for the top spot without the need to change formation. And therefore flogging Connolly to a Championship club (if there were takers of course) would have been essentially pure profit. You say "youth development", I say we got one season out of White before doing exactly that with him.

Lastly, given how many defenders we have, could we have put Roberts out on loan instead of Zeqiri?

Maupay / New Striker / Welbz / Zeqiri looks a lot better to me than Connolly's dissappering act and DJ Useless on the bench. And the above just about wipes its face financially doesn't it?

It does rely on there being takers for the "outs" though, and, if there weren't then perhaps the issue is as much one of the ability to develop and sell on as it is to "just buy a striker"???

Not every transfer or youth player works out of course, but given your DULLARD insights, do the likes of, say, Burnley or Wolves have players like Connolly and Locadia sat on their First Team attacking options list?

The club would have snapped the hand off anyone who put in a bid for Locadia but there weren’t any.

As for clubs in the Championship, net transfer spend in that division was negative and half the clubs did not sign anyone for fees.

Zeqiri has not scored for the Albion in 12 appearances.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With the majority on this one, frustration, but returning to the Maupay/Locadia scenario, and apologies if it’s already been covered, did GP put Locadia on to basically show Bloom and the rest of the board what he’s being made to work with?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Quite shocking GB!

I'd add that he was superb in the Leicester away game and we were coasting against Newcastle before he went off. We haven't scored since.

Anyway, I assume he will hit peak fitness as the African Nations kicks off?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's put this 'show the board' hogwash to bed right now.

GPott is in the room when the Gang of 3 meet.
GPott knows his career is results orientated.
GPott gets a voice when signing off on the squad.

GPott agreed with the squad he was given, or at the very least GPott didn't disagree.

Even though he's a coach and not a manager he's still integral to the inner workings of the squad.

It's ridiculous to think he's a separate entity who looks around on the first day of preseason to see who he has to work with.

In much the same way it's ridiculous to think there was no money for a striker.

Sure there was no money for a striker AFTER all the other spending.
But there was plenty of money for an elite striker, from the moment Arsenal ponied up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here