Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why? I can still have a dialogue with another poster about his politics can’t I? I haven't said anything untoward, or used any negative or sensationalist terms or words. Why is one poster seemingly allowed to describe his political career one way and you get critical when I describe it differently?

HT disappear for a few days fella, you’re well thought of in most circles but you’re going to come unstuck on this thread I’m afraid [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am not of his political persuasion but I would defend anyone’s right to hold a view different to mine but to take someone’s life is wicked, thoughts and prayers to his family and all who knew him RIP

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Whether I agree with his politics of not (and I don't), I'm sure he acted in a way that he believed was in the best interests of his constituents and his country. He'll be a loss.

This is an unquestionably abhorrent act and I hope that his family get the time and respect to grieve what is a terrible loss. This really is a sad day and they have my sincere condolences.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Two MP's in 5 years, FFS what has happened to this country?

Just tragic, thoughts and prayers for his family

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Terrible news. It concerns me that we are seeing too much of this now, and in the end people will simply not want to become MPs if it becomes life threatening. It's already happened to Jo Cox, another Labour MP was stabbed twice and an assistant to a LibDem MP has also been attacked recently. That's 4 in 5 years - tragic and very worrying.

And for what it's worth, I think some people are treating HT very harshly. I can understand people saying it's not the time or place for it, but there really wasn't much actually wrong with what he said IMO. Too much faux outrage for me. It's like waving an imaginary card.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Consistently voting against LGBT rights, measures to address child poverty, measures to help disabled and vulnerable people, woman’s rights etc doesn’t strike me as someone representing all of his constituency?

The timing and content of your post HT is wrong and totally out of order. For once, reconsider your post and if you feel it appropriate, withdraw your comments and apologise. Otherwise some on here won’t forget.

(I don’t always agree with your views but you come across as an intelligent and thoughtful poster, I hope you will see sense - someone has died doing their job - they have family and friends).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whether or not folk disagreed with his politics, and many will only even have known when they checked Wiki, a public servant, elected and capable, has been murdered in his line of duty, helping locals.

It always comes as a shock.

So perhaps it's best to simply reflect on that.

RIP. Thoughts with his family, friends and constituents at this time. Such occasions are always a dark day for democracy.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Terrible news. It concerns me that we are seeing too much of this now, and in the end people will simply not want to become MPs if it becomes life threatening. It's already happened to Jo Cox, another Labour MP was stabbed twice and an assistant to a LibDem MP has also been attacked recently. That's 4 in 5 years - tragic and very worrying.

And for what it's worth, I think some people are treating HT very harshly. I can understand people saying it's not the time or place for it, but there really wasn't much actually wrong with what he said IMO. Too much faux outrage for me. It's like waving an imaginary card.

I wholly agree with this. Clearly, it's terrible what's happened to the MP and RIP Sir David. Anybody who serves for such a long period of time clearly did so wanting to represent his Constituents and his life has been cut short by one person taking it upon themselves to take an undemocratic, unintelligent and violent decision to end his life. They shouldn't see the outside world again as a result.

But HT really didn't do anything wrong or disrespectful and I won't be joining the tarring and feathering campaign.

Terribly sad. No one should be murdered doing their job. Heartfelt condolences to the family of Sir David Amess

I wonder if the time has now come for all MPs to have security in moving forward. No doubt the PM & leaders of the opposition & high ranking government ministers have during their surgeries?

So, so sad & needless.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Terrible news

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I wholly agree with this. Clearly, it's terrible what's happened to the MP and RIP Sir David. Anybody who serves for such a long period of time clearly did so wanting to represent his Constituents and his life has been cut short by one person taking it upon themselves to take an undemocratic, unintelligent and violent decision to end his life. They shouldn't see the outside world again as a result.

But HT really didn't do anything wrong or disrespectful and I won't be joining the tarring and feathering campaign.

I'm afraid it is wrong and disrespectful to quote an MP's views and voting record when he has just been murdered, as if that has anything at all to do with it.

I usually get along with Herr T, but this is definitely a time to withdraw that comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here