Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you really serious, take the chance to edit this while you can?

Why? I can still have a dialogue with another poster about his politics can’t I? I haven't said anything untoward, or used any negative or sensationalist terms or words. Why is one poster seemingly allowed to describe his political career one way and you get critical when I describe it differently?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dead.

Disgusting.

There is never 'justification' for this and I'm not happy about discussions on the radio musing about a 'reason'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why post politics on a thread when someone's dying?

Not your finest moment, unbelievable really.

(I would naturally disagree with him on those views too).

This.

I would add, also, that I hope that others won't start getting on their high horse if it turns out the knife nut is an 'Islamist'. Or indeed any 'ist'.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don’t give a sh1t if Herr Tubthumper is a grandee or big cheese on here.

There is no excuse whatsoever for his behaviour on here today. I think a total site ban for a while, is justifiable, right now.

RIP Sir David, and condolences to all his family, his team, his friends. Truly shocking.

And HT, hang your head in absolute shame.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

I would add, also, that I hope that others won't start getting on their high horse if it turns out the knife nut is an 'Islamist'. Or indeed any 'ist'.

I agree. It may political, other terrorism or just someone insane. Keep all that **** out of a thread about an innocent guy stabbed to death.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This is what ex Labour MP Paula Sheriff (West Yorkshire) had to say earlier on the stabbing.

"When my Tory successor was elected, @amessd_southend rang to tell me that he introduced himself to him and told him I’d be a hard act to follow ��We’ve kept in touch since + he was a great support when I was diagnosed w/cancer. He is a man of faith + I am praying for him"

Political opponents in all senses, linked by acts of kindness and humanity.

RIP - A disgusting and cowardly attack.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sadly passed away in our service.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
To anyone thinking of further adding fuel to the fire, I leave this. Think about it...

Captureamess.PNG

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P Sir Amess.

I didn't agree with his politics, but respected his right to air them and that goes for all views that made our country stand out regarding freedom of speech.

Sadly it seems someone maybe took his life, because he didn't agree with them or him.

This is not what our country is about, or should descend into.

"hate begets hate"

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
This is horrific news. I met him through my work on several occasion (not to do with politics) and despite him knowing we had differing political beliefs, he was always very kind, courteous and easy to talk to.

For anyone posting anything derogatory today you should be utterly ashamed of yourself. Shocking.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It does if he had it in his pre election blurb, he has also represented Southend for many years so surely his constituents knew what his thoughts are on those matters.
Either way you don't deserve to get stabbed because of it you just don't vote for him.
After Jo Cox, it seems silly and reckless to allow people to just walk in to his surgery, I am not saying that they should have security guards and metal detectors but surely have a locked door and allow appointments in only.
I have only said this because the report I have read said the attacker just barged in, if not true then apologies will be dished out.
I went to see my MP once, made an appointment but just walked in where there was a secretary, then walked through another door, after giving my name, where he was sat in a room.

When I saw Amber Rudd, I had to make an appointment first and told to bring id. On arrival there were two 'bodyguards' on the door and I had to show my id. No search or anything, and then just her and her PA in the room when I got to see her.

She was a cabinet minister at the time. Perhaps that meant a different level of security from regular MP's? I don't know.

This is tragic news about David Amess. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why? I can still have a dialogue with another poster about his politics can’t I? I haven't said anything untoward, or used any negative or sensationalist terms or words. Why is one poster seemingly allowed to describe his political career one way and you get critical when I describe it differently?

I shouldn’t need to spell it out. He has been stabbed and killed whilst doing his job. I don’t think anybody is interested in your opinion on his politics. You really need to take a look at yourself and people in general need to have a think about the way they conduct political ‘debate.’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here