Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5live now - Albion discussion just started

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Thanks for that - found it!

Those might have worked oonce - now they take you to what Radio 5Live is broadcasting now, not two hurs ago - the current programme started at 9 o''clock, and that's as far as you can scroll back. So thanks, but I'd tried those already.

You are wrong. I have just done it. As said previously. Go to the schedule and select the 7pm programme.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit harsh and uncalled for - we all remind others we’ve been right sometimes - part of human nature and NSC and GB was just doing that.

And, for balance, my late 2020 / early 2021 take on Potter was totally wrong, whereas you called it spot on. We all get things wrong and get things right when it comes to sport.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are wrong. I have just done it. As said previously. Go to the schedule and select the 7pm programme.

Pity that bit was missing from the earlier posts you quoted. They simply gave a link to the current programme, as I correctly stated. Fortunately, others have given me guidance to enable me to find it without feeling the need to rell me I was wrong.

:)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Pity that bit was missing from the earlier posts you quoted. They simply gave a link to the current programme, as I correctly stated. Fortunately, others have given me guidance to enable me to find it without feeling the need to rell me I was wrong.

:)

Sorry blud. I was feeling a bit cantankerous. I agree my comment was unnecessary, fam.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And, for balance, my late 2020 / early 2021 take on Potter was totally wrong, whereas you called it spot on. We all get things wrong and get things right when it comes to sport.

Everything on here is opinions. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve got things wrong or came across wrong. But it’s also nice to occasionally remind people you called something right and it looks right etc. No need for abuse about stroking egos and trying to make people look arrogant who clearly aren’t… if ever I’m negative about a player or the club (which I don’t think is often) I LOVE it when they prove me wrong - as it benifits the Albion. Unfortunately Chris Holdroyd never did this though :(

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Even if its coming with positive sentiments I really cant be bothered with listening to the pundits you get doing the rounds on 5Live/TalkSport etc. When it comes to anyone outside the big 6 their coverage is always so clueless, its like hearing opinions based on seeing some MOTD highlights rather than truly knowing whats going on at BHAFC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even if its coming with positive sentiments I really cant be bothered with listening to the pundits you get doing the rounds on 5Live/TalkSport etc. When it comes to anyone outside the big 6 their coverage is always so clueless, its like hearing opinions based on seeing some MOTD highlights rather than truly knowing whats going on at BHAFC.

Other than Danny Murphy. Every time he talks about us, he genuinely knows his stuff. He seems interested in coaching and the evolution of teams.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Other than Danny Murphy. Every time he talks about us, he genuinely knows his stuff. He seems genuinely interested in coaching and the evolution of teams.

Agree - and Danny Mills the exact opposite.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can't remember if it was a pundit or Chappers but someone also mentioned we'll be much more balanced with Cucurella because Dan Burn isn't really a wingback (they mentioned him getting rinsed a couple of times). Something I've been on about for the best part of a year or more.

Chappers got one bit wrong there. BDB was fine against Palace. His nightmare came against Wolves and Adama Traore in the first half of the game that turned our season around. He also had a torrid time away at Leicester, but he wasn't alone in that game. I'm glad that we have played them once before James Justin gets back from injury. He was mustard in that game. Maddison also ran riot. He looked a shadow of that player yesterday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Everything on here is opinions. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve got things wrong or came across wrong. But it’s also nice to occasionally remind people you called something right and it looks right etc. No need for abuse about stroking egos and trying to make people look arrogant who clearly aren’t… if ever I’m negative about a player or the club (which I don’t think is often) I LOVE it when they prove me wrong - as it benifits the Albion. Unfortunately Chris Holdroyd never did this though :(
This, we all love our club and we will always have different opinions from time to time. When all those different opinions come together and we are having our best ever start in the PL it really doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. I’ve been wrong plenty and really don’t give a flying f right now :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Chappers got one bit wrong there. BDB was fine against Palace. His nightmare came against Wolves and Adama Traore in the first half of the game that turned our season around. He also had a torrid time away at Leicester, but he wasn't alone in that game. I'm glad that we have played them once before James Justin gets back from injury. He was mustard in that game. Maddison also ran riot. He looked a shadow of that player yesterday.

Yep, good points, they did get the wrong game. Palace only attacked us twice and,.....oh, never mind, let's just hope we exorcise that one on Monday.

Maddison was anonymous on Sunday. Equally I'm hoping when we play Wolves we have both Cucurella and Lamptey fit. Not only will Adama get a lot less change out of those two if he's playing, he'll also be doing way too much defending (or they'll have nice big holes to run into).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, I didn’t know either Harry. Will you take him off ignore now ? :whistle:

Anyone who thinks a smart young journalist is Das Reich is on drugs. I have a feeling I have stepped into the Twiglet Zone.

(No, no I won't)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Arteta ain’t gonna be at Arsenal much longer I wouldn’t have thought. Any top club job in this country comes with impatient owners, but that’s not going to stop GP and his staff going to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, as much as some on here would like to believe otherwise.

It stopped him going to Spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
H? Nothing faux about it. :down: Maybe I haven’t been paying attention...(Confucious reigns and we all got wet)

I’d never even heard of this Charlie guy before this thread.

OK so Charlie looks like and sounded like a young smart journalist/blogger. He strings sentences together. He can construct an argument based on logic and reasoning. He is as far from Das Reich as it's possible to be (unless you're female, black and pansexual with a cushty desk job and a timeshare in a villa in Jamaica). The 'revelation' that he is Das Reich was, I though, an obvious bit of tomfoolery; just a snigger-trigger. I really thought you were kidding!

Incidentally, did I ever mentioned that I'm directly descended from Pope John Paul? There, I said it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Anyone who thinks a smart young journalist is Das Reich is on drugs. I have a feeling I have stepped into the Twiglet Zone.

(No, no I won't)
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] can you clear this up ? I find myself in the same position as [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION] in that I am more interested in the Das Reich thing than the R5 interview.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=3791]Weststander can you clear this up ? I find myself in a similar position to [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION] in that I am more interested in the Das Reich claim than the R5 thing.

It's [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION], you fool! :wink:

Edit: I see you fixed it - after a couple of edits. I salute your thoroughness :wink:

I am 110% confident Westy was mucking about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] can you clear this up ? I find myself in the same position as [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION] in that I am more interested in the Das Reich thing than the R5 interview.

I was in the long tradition of nsc …. being silly.

There were clues to this:
- Das Reich wouldn’t appear on the BBC out of ideological principle.
- Charlie Haffenden could string sentences together.
- There no was background noise of burps or knuckles dragging the opium den floor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here