Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
guessing that the fact that you can now download your COVID Pass from the NHS app to apple wallet means that the passport policy is now coming into effect.

I've done mine and it sits right next to my season ticket which is nice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Long thread, quick question that may have been answered already. Does the Covid jab x 2 info and bar code on the NHS app count as a passport?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Come on, that is ridiculously over the top and just so British ! A permanent form of ID check is required in most of the world. Are you saying that Germany, France etc live in a 1984 world ? We live in a community and regulation is often required to keep that community safe. Sometimes you have to put the collective ahead of your individual rights.

In those countries you have never had to show your ID to access anything or to discriminate. This is totally different.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Come on, that is ridiculously over the top and just so British ! A permanent form of ID check is required in most of the world. Are you saying that Germany, France etc live in a 1984 world ? We live in a community and regulation is often required to keep that community safe. Sometimes you have to put the collective ahead of your individual rights.

Absolutely this. Also have to carry ID at all times in Spain. Notarised copy of passport is acceptable but since BREXIT the TIE card has been introduced. This includes personal details, mug shot, fingerprints, current address and NIE (tax number). It's not just to prove your staus it also protects you if in an accident or similar. With this card they can access your health status, current medicines prescribed - and it may just save your life.

If you have nothing to fear, or nothing to hide what is the problem?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
807D75E3-8A17-4034-AF04-B3DA8AB7F9E1.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
guessing that the fact that you can now download your COVID Pass from the NHS app to apple wallet means that the passport policy is now coming into effect.

I've done mine and it sits right next to my season ticket which is nice.

Thanks, seems posted at the same time as me. I have downloaded the domestic one to my Apple wallet but it expires on 21 August. I am assuming it just renews on expiry?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Absolutely this. Also have to carry ID at all times in Spain. Notarised copy of passport is acceptable but since BREXIT the TIE card has been introduced. This includes personal details, mug shot, fingerprints, current address and NIE (tax number). It's not just to prove your staus it also protects you if in an accident or similar. With this card they can access your health status, current medicines prescribed - and it may just save your life.

If you have nothing to fear, or nothing to hide what is the problem?

That's all marvelous, but why do you have to carry it?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
So Chelsea are accepting a lateral flow test as will the Albion if they have any sense until October or want to start dishing out loads of refunds.

It is still completely insane that someone that can prove they don’t have covid via a test will be refused entry but someone jabbed but positive can happily spread it around 30k people unchecked even from October.

the crucial question is what lateral flow test? if its the chinese tat that the government has wasted £3bn of our money on that aren't meant to be used on asymptomatic people, not meant to be used at home (ie applied by professionals only), only pick up 50% of positive cases and cant detect the delta variant, then there is absolutely no point.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sorry if already posted .....

Spurs are to trial the Covid Pass at the two friendlies against Arsenal in August.
Prove fully vaccinated OR prove have had a negative test in the 48 hours before match is played.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just find it astounding that people cant see the broader implications beyond the pandemic. This is the beginning of a very dark future for society if allowed to go ahead. If Covid is the excuse for it then digital ID checks are with us for eventually most things forever. Horrific.
I don't really agree with it in principle either and the government won't go through with it

However

If you dont believe in it you can just register a fake covid result instead on the NHS app.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks, seems posted at the same time as me. I have downloaded the domestic one to my Apple wallet but it expires on 21 August. I am assuming it just renews on expiry?

yep, guessing it auto renews or you have to download again, takes seconds.

Until it is formally announced the COVD pass on the NHS App (which is downloadable as PDF, direct to mobile wallet) is the closest thing to a vaccine passport that cannot be forged easily. My guess is this is it!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
the crucial question is what lateral flow test? if its the chinese tat that the government has wasted £3bn of our money on that aren't meant to be used on asymptomatic people, not meant to be used at home (ie applied by professionals only), only pick up 50% of positive cases and cant detect the delta variant, then there is absolutely no point.

Where has anyone said the LFT can’t pick up Delta? I know loads of people that have tested positive with it and Delta is pretty much the only game in town at the moment.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
That's all marvelous, but why do you have to carry it?

For the reasons stated. I'll spell it out. To prove you are legally in the country, and should you be rendered unconscious in an accident, a stroke maybe emergency services immediately know who you are and your current medical state. Clear enough?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Doesn't the card they issued to everyone at the vaccination centre showing the date the type of vaccine used and the batch number of the vaccine dose for both jabs count?

Not as an official record no.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They're after you, you do know that?

View attachment 139068

It’s ok I understand it’s much easier to mock than confront the reality that your safe little world is about to all be exposed a lie and that you will have barely any freedom. I would guarantee there were people like you telling people pre Nazi Germany that they were tin hat wearers when they had concerns about what was starting.

1ed3b75128c1a261f0c0f8c39bd16e94.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
yep, guessing it auto renews or you have to download again, takes seconds.

Until it is formally announced the COVD pass on the NHS App (which is downloadable as PDF, direct to mobile wallet) is the closest thing to a vaccine passport that cannot be forged easily. My guess is this is it!

Think you have to generate a new Covid pass when the previous one expires

Also, I don’t think the functionality exists in Google Pay yet (happy to be corrected but a quick search indicates Google are rolling it out ‘soon’ - currently only available in the US)

NHS still down too.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
In those countries you have never had to show your ID to access anything or to discriminate. This is totally different.

So currently in Germany if you want to sit inside a bar or restaurant, you have to either show your proof of vaccination or a negative Schnell Test from that day, carried out in an approved test centre.

The ID card side is odd. Yes the Germans have them, I am not required to have one, but at times I get caught out, as when ID is asked for, I sometimes have to go and get one of my passports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here