Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Sounds like we're likely to be gazumped!!

Sounds like the lad wants a pathway shown to 1st team football without a club standing in his way if he massively proves himself. If he wanted money alone he would take what Chelsea are putting on the table. Lampety example and white show if your good enough your old enough here. Snap this kid up for a minimal fee he has potential to eclipse what we got for white and more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This one’s starting to get some momentum.

[tweet]1417818779837415427[/tweet]

[tweet]1417839215644139522[/tweet]

I don't know if it's happening or not. But neither of those sources are reliable.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Sounds like the lad wants a pathway shown to 1st team football without a club standing in his way if he massively proves himself. If he wanted money alone he would take what Chelsea are putting on the table. Lampety example and white show if your good enough your old enough here. Snap this kid up for a minimal fee he has potential to eclipse what we got for white and more.

Nice to see young players wise up and not automatically sign a contract at 18 with their academy club. Total reversal of the situation just three or four years ago.

Chelsea will now have to give meaningful first team minutes to those that do elect to stay or they risk this becoming a big ongoing problem for them.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Nice to see young players wise up and not automatically sign a contract at 18 with their academy club. Total reversal of the situation just three or four years ago.

Chelsea will now have to give meaningful first team minutes to those that do elect to stay or they risk this becoming a big ongoing problem for them.

They play the minutes in the top leagues these days they make lose 10k a week for 3-4 years but they perform they know the money will. More and more are cottoning on to this. Top clubs buy top talent they don’t risk playing kids so much anymore. All about winning for those managers. Managers like Rogers potter less at risk and are asked to develop them so they can be sold if there good enough. We have created this pathway and TB knows I’m sure that it’s the way to be self sustainable as well as creating a very good team. In potter he has a perfect manager for it

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
well maybe is more about pedigree. Previous winners of the award he won last season are, Mount, James, Gilmour and Tomori. Plus Chelsea and their fans are not wanting him to leave.

Roberts had a decent season at Rochdale.

That is some pretty good company right there. Hopefully we do get him [emoji120]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes, and we’re a club that could really benefit from this as we have an ethos of buying players to develop and a manager who is brilliant with young players and utterly fearless at playing them.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yes, and we’re a club that could really benefit from this as we have an ethos of buying players to develop and a manager who is brilliant with young players and utterly fearless at playing them.
Brilliant? Maybe, maybe not. His handling has been exceptional with some of them (Sanchez, Lamptey, White, Bissouma) but not so much with Connolly and Maupay who have gone backward, as has Alzate who has found gametime limited this year in an overstacked midfield. The much hyped Molumby was frozen out after a successful loan at Milwall. Walton's on his way out after barely a chance too. And it's a big season coming up for Macallister.

The kid might well think our model is the way to go having seen the Lamptey success, but with Lamptey and Veltman already established at right back and Karbownik also on the scene, he might this he's better off trying his luck elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Brilliant? Maybe, maybe not. His handling has been exceptional with some of them (Sanchez, Lamptey, White, Bissouma) but not so much with Connolly and Maupay who have gone backward, as has Alzate who has found gametime limited this year in an overstacked midfield. The much hyped Molumby was frozen out after a successful loan at Milwall. Walton's on his way out after barely a chance too. And it's a big season coming up for Macallister.

The kid might well think our model is the way to go having seen the Lamptey success, but with Lamptey and Veltman already established at right back and Karbownik also on the scene, he might this he's better off trying his luck elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Or maybe some of the young players are just better than the other ones?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
What utter nonsense. We miss diagnosed his initial injury which was what caused his set back. If we had diagnosed it correctly first time we would have seen him back before the end of the season.

Really fella. I was only saying what I had seen. I remember the guy who said it was an ex player still linked to the club in some way. I just thought someone else may have seen the discussion too. You are obviously part of the medical team so would know otherwise.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Really fella. I was only saying what I had seen. I remember the guy who said it was an ex player still linked to the club in some way. I just thought someone else may have seen the discussion too. You are obviously part of the medical team so would know otherwise.

No but i know a few that do know.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So is this guy being brought in to replace Romaric Yapi in the under-23s? Otherwise I don't see the sense in getting him at all. And I don't really see what's in it for the player either. Instead of being blocked by Reece James at Chelsea, he'll be blocked by Lamptey here.

Mind you, I didn't see the point of signing Veltman and he was one of the players of last season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I get the impression that we’re going for this guy not because we desperately need him but more because it’s just a good opportunity to bag another gem, one that could be profitable if we pick him up cheap enough. If lamptey stays fit next season and continues his pre-injury form then we’ll no doubt receive bids, and this guy will be next in line.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So is this guy being brought in to replace Romaric Yapi in the under-23s? Otherwise I don't see the sense in getting him at all. And I don't really see what's in it for the player either. Instead of being blocked by Reece James at Chelsea, he'll be blocked by Lamptey here.

Mind you, I didn't see the point of signing Veltman and he was one of the players of last season.

Erm because lamptey is constantly injured ? Also lamptey is likely to move further forward, like bale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Erm because lamptey is constantly injured ? Also lamptey is likely to move further forward, like bale.

Agree, Lamptey is an awesome prospect but I too worry about how many consecutive games he can play. He may have just been unlucky with injuries but being targeted every game, whilst getting minimal protection from refs isn’t going to help him. We need a quality back up for him. Veltman may well be called on to spend more time at CB next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What utter nonsense. We miss diagnosed his initial injury which was what caused his set back. If we had diagnosed it correctly first time we would have seen him back before the end of the season.

Perhaps, but he has felt a twinge in games when running at full pace, which has resulted in him being subbed, so there could possibly be a weakness that needs to be worked on.

Also the Amex pitch is unforgiving at times with certain types of injury (see Buckley).

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Think wing back. If/when tariq can is injured it is going to be great to have a player of similar quality to slot straight in and not impact the team shape too much. Veltman has never been a right back and will slot striaght into the Ben white position where he is most suited.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

You probably need to pan out a little bit, at Chelsea and look at the ridiculous strength in depth they have. Euro winner Emerson (who has now asked for a transfer) couldn't get a game last season, whilst we used Pascal Gross as an emergency wing back (please don't try that without Ben White). Chelsea don't have a bad record at bringing through youth players, but there are also plenty who have kicked their heels and gone on endless loans. I can understand a young player wanting to take a bit more control of his own destiny.

When you go through the list of top prospects in our U23s and U18s I don't think I have seen anyone really highlight any of the wing backs as ones to watch.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

He frequently played ahead of Lamps. Can also play on the left

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here