Tomorrow belongs to me
Tomorrow belongs to me
Tomorrow belongs to me"

I prefer the kids song.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We can agree it is a bad song. I would also add a bit embarrassing. No-one is going to get ‘indoctrinated’ by it though. To compare it to Nazi Germany or Communist East Germany is farcical. I think you will find that their songs were backed up by propaganda filled curriculums and teachers, neither of which we have in this country. The reaction to this story is just complete distortion and political mischief making.

I fully agree that if this government tried to sneak in fascism through the back door they'd do an incomplete and ineffective job of it! :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agreed it's not formal DfE policy that can be enforced. It's also completely false to disassociate it with government almost entirely. Don't do Twitter a disservice - it's quite clearly becoming the main mouthpiece for political policy and direction across the spectrum and in fact worldwide. If the official twitter of a government department tweet support of something, that is not an insignificant thing.

it is and it isnt. twitter has a lot of reach, low cost, low barrier communications. so a noddy minister likes a cause, they ask for a tweet in support. its hardly a statement of policy. personally i think government should stay well away from it except for formal information and policy, but people like the touchy feely, and they oblige.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
it is and it isnt. twitter has a lot of reach, low cost, low barrier communications. so a noddy minister likes a cause, they ask for a tweet in support. its hardly a statement of policy. personally i think government should stay well away from it except for formal information and policy, but people like the touchy feely, and they oblige.

I agree to a point - but this wasn't a junior government minister "liking" a tweet. It was a coherently-written tweet in suggesting schools take part in this from the official DfE account. Whilst it has no formal constitutional status, that to me is a de-factor policy statement from government.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
More Right-wing virtue-signalling and flag-sh*gging; anorther salvo in the Tory culture wars intended to divert attention away from growing inequality, poverty wages, lack of affordable housing, elite-level corruption and tax evasion, growing reliance on food banks, and sundry other problems facing ordinary hard-working Brits (the very people our government claims to love and respect)

I expect to see these sort of nationalistic "Worship the Fatherland which loves you" stunts in awful regimes like the fromer Soviet Union and present-day Cuba or North Korea. Straight out of Orwell's 1984

Incidentally, I wonder how many of the school-kids being urged to take part on Friday are the same school-kids who our 'patriotic' government voted to deny free-school meals earlier this year?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

As well as astoundingly incompetent, this Government is really ****ing WEIRD at times too.

So reuniting the country in exceptional times is a bad thing?

Perhaps we should bin off the jocks?

I don't mind our wee friends personally and have strong feeling for kirsty Gallacher, as long as they keep the kilts at a reasonable length, we can all get along fine.

D

Deleted member 2719

More Right-wing virtue-signalling and flag-sh*gging; anorther salvo in the Tory culture wars intended to divert attention away from growing inequality, elite-level corruption, reliance on food banks and homelessness.

Incidentally, I wonder how many of the school-kids being urged to take part on Friday are the same school-kids who our 'patriotic' government voted to deny free-school meals earlier this year?

Mate, there has been liberal leftie teachers spewing their politics for decades, to brainwash the young and vulnerable. Fortunately when they leave school they get a real perspective of the world and our country, hence the proper drubbing labour and the liberal continue to get.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One Brighton One Station

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here