Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone still in denial?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surely they made money from Frenkie De Jong, Donny Van de Beek and Pascal Struik?

True that, I looked at their squad from a date when they had just promoted De Jong and van de Beek but should have counted them as well. Pascal was still in the U19.

But points stands similar (though Ajax indeed got a few exceptional cases of producing five or six top class players in the same generation) that most players will fail even with the best of academies, even if you search for the best youth players in Europe (or now, post-Brexit, in England). But it really doesnt take much to economically regain the money you invested in all those "failed" kids. No need to "milk" someone like Sanders - even if the bid is poor, let him go play some football.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit strong ! He's just a young manager who hasn't got anyone to score goals then lacking the confidence or imagination to try anything different. He's not a bad manager, but has a bit of learning to do. He's certainly not sold our ground from under us and left us ground sharing with Gillingham second from bottom of the entire football league!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It’s too late to replace him now but let’s be honest now are we suggesting that other than Bruce or Allardyce type appointment there isn’t a manager across world football with good top level experience (better than Swedish noddy league and a year at Swansea) that couldn’t do a decent job?

Leeds found Bielsa, Wolves Nuno, Saints Ralph H. How many of them would fans had picked?

We are a Premier league club and would be attractive to almost every single manager in global football outside those in the Champions League.

Bielsa is one of the most highly regarded coaches in Europe, he probably would have seen Leeds as below his station but taken a pint because of their size and history. Zero chance we'd lure him or similar calibre here.

Nuno has bucked the trend and looked decent but Wolves have had periods of struggle this season. His gamble of cherry picking your Portuguese talent has paid off but could easily have not.

Ralph H has blown hot and cold, arguably more cold in his time at saints. They are safe this year but I'd suggest they will be bottom 6 next.

So discounting Bielsa I don't think there's clear evidence that the other two would have this team further up the table.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We're averaging nearly a point a game which should keep us up by the skin of our teeth.

Obviously want to stay up but if we fail to do so then so be it. As much as its nice having a club in the Prem, I'm just happy to have a club at all whatever division we are in.

There are far more important things than stressing over our possible relegation. Get a grip people. Yes, its important, but NOT THAT IMPORTANT. Some people need to get a life and as old Captain Tom said 'Tomorrow will be a better day'.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do you think Tony knows how to run this club?

Yes of course. The foundations are there to set this club up for many years and the academy is producing fantastic talent. I do think he has a weakness when it comes to recognising when a manager isn’t performing though and I also think he’s tried to be a bit too cute in the transfer market. He refused to fire Hyppia and that was almost certainly going to end up with relegation to League 1 and I think he can place to much importance on his love of statistical analysis which is why he has been so pleased with Potter despite a truly wretched record I’ve two seasons.

At the end of the day though it’s his money and his calls. That doesn’t mean we can’t pass judgement just like we did long before he arrived and will long after he’s gone if he decides to sell up in my lifetime.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Pointless getting annoyed with Potter as I expect he will still be here next year even in the unlikely event we get relegated. If we stay up we will get stronger, if we go down I expect we will be heading for the 100points. Anyway summer is on the way, evenings are getting lighter, I’m (hopefully) getting my vaccine in two weeks, lockdown will be ending soon, just booked a holiday, made a spontaneous whisky purchase after watching Sunday Brunch, so at present life is all about being upbeat.

This current way of playing will be a success and and no one should slag off Dan Burn as that lad gives more in every game than most players I’ve seen play do in a season, well outplaying his ability, will play wherever he gets asked and we never see him complaining

Love this post. Your positivity is a breath of fresh air fella!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bielsa is one of the most highly regarded coaches in Europe, he probably would have seen Leeds as below his station but taken a pint because of their size and history. Zero chance we'd lure him or similar calibre here.

Nuno has bucked the trend and looked decent but Wolves have had periods of struggle this season. His gamble of cherry picking your Portuguese talent has paid off but could easily have not.

Ralph H has blown hot and cold, arguably more cold in his time at saints. They are safe this year but I'd suggest they will be bottom 6 next.

So discounting Bielsa I don't think there's clear evidence that the other two would have this team further up the table.
I think the posters point was the fans of each mentioned club would never have considered the appointments when guessing who their next manager would be.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.

Junior

Your last comment is bang out of order and just wow. Potter is a good honest man and the only so called damage he does is on the football field.

I would have Potter in charge 1000 out of 1000 over Hypia

I think things in your post are so silly that even I would not post it lol

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Utter dick.

(Not Potter)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We're down if we lose to Newcastle.

The most "must win" of must, must win games.

Let's not throw everything away.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Junior will be happy with his catch tonight

He’s been doing this for 20 years yet still he gets bites.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
8A3FFB4B-86D4-4FA4-BAD4-90C748250DAA.jpeg
What is this plumehead on about now?
I bet it’s knee jerk, over the top, hope we lose bullchit that he normally comes out with.
So glad I blocked the poisonous Tw@t

May 13, 2013

You talk utter nonsense, BHA weren't at their best yesterday but were still unfortunate to not get a pt against one of the best teams on the road.. In the three games before that we have completely dominated the opposition. Hitting the back of the net is a problem at the moment but we're doing all the right things and creating chances.

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Yes because they have a small club mentality and enjoy the championship more it seems.

Or we are enjoying watching some of the most exciting football we have played in years, have some outstanding players and can see the bigger picture.
We are outclassing most teams in terms of attacking play, creating numerous chances in the majority of our games.

This bad fortune will turn and all of you short-sighted, negative Nancy’s who want instant success will be pleased that our men in charge aren’t as knee-jerk as you wanted them to be.
Have the faith - Keep the faith.

We are a fraction away from greatness.
Feel free to bounce if I’m wrong, but I’m confident I won’t be.
UTA

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
And junior. Remember you are in the minority here about Potter.

Like it or not the vast majority of NSC continue to back him.

Nsc don’t represent the majority of Brighton fans out of the 15/20 I no maybe 3 want potter in rest are sick of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Or we are enjoying watching some of the most exciting football we have played in years, have some outstanding players and can see the bigger picture.
We are outclassing most teams in terms of attacking play, creating numerous chances in the majority of our games.

This bad fortune will turn and all of you short-sighted, negative Nancy’s who want instant success will be pleased that our men in charge aren’t as knee-jerk as you wanted them to be.
Have the faith - Keep the faith.

We are a fraction away from greatness.
Feel free to bounce if I’m wrong, but I’m confident I won’t be.
UTA
I keep hearing short sighted, two seasons of no improvement :shrug: your all being conned by one half of pretty football per game. It’s worked five times this season big wows. I’m not buying the striker issue either it just becomes a mass panic whenever we reach the opposition box and for some reason it hasn’t been addressed by the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here