Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burn

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once again terrible defending that cost another 2 goals. For umpteenth time cost us a goal in one against one for first goal and for winner didnt even mark. All you supporters will say how great he is going forward but is he really. Appreciate we were poor upfront but with Palace having 2 attacks we should have won 1-0

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Once again terrible defending that cost another 2 goals. For umpteenth time cost us a goal in one against one for first goal and for winner didnt even mark. All you supporters will say how great he is going forward but is he really. Appreciate we were poor upfront but with Palace having 2 attacks we should have won 1-0

Who would you have played on the left side instead of Burn tonight?

larus

I thought BDB had another good game. Linked up will with Trossard and played some very nice balls through.

So, someone manager to get a cross in and score - hold the front page. Palace crossed from out wide. Deal with it - it happens FFS.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Love him going forwards. He tries he best.
You do wonder if Clarke might be a bit better but it is what it is.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought BDB had another good game. Linked up will with Trossard and played some very nice balls through.

We all enjoy his unpredictable forward play, but his No.1 priority - in a back four, at least - should be to ruddy defend.

Maybe I "don't understand football" but the video evidence suggests DB doesn't have the composure or skill to play LB at this level.

Dan Burn was everywhere tonight - his best game in a Brighton shirt. One lapse for the goal.

If he'd defended well, but made fewer chances we may have won.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How many times did he let someone past him to cross tonight? Only once, from what I can remember. Its not optimal, but its usually not the end of the world either - most PL defenders allow it to happen mulitple times every game. Sure, in hindsight he could have taken a tactical foul. Or Alzate could have pressured the bloke who gave the winger the pass. Or Dunk/White could have done things in a different way. There's always things you can do better, but what people see is only Burn losing a duel against Ayew... but trust me, he is not the first or the last defender to let Ayew cross a ball.

Second goal, well he could have been closer to Benteke. Definitely. But if you blame Burn for the first goal, why not blame Veltman for the second? Its basically the same: winger has the ball, defender fails to stop him from crossing. He gets seconds and gets space to put in the perfect cross. But just like I wont blame Burn for the first goal I wont blame Veltman for the second. These are things that happen every game and today was the total punishment. A knackered Veltman dont put in the pressure he would have in the best possible world, Burn doesnt mark Benteke as close as he would have in the best possible world.

Its unfortunate. It hurts horribly. But the blame game is useless. With very few exceptions, there is four or five players who could have done something different when you concede, and at least four or five players involved in any goal you score.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It was foolish of Potter to attack the fans a few weeks ago telling them that they didn't know what they were talking about if they said anything negative about Dan Burn. That was always gonna come back to haunt him.

That said. Dan Burn has been imperative in the Big Wins against Spurs and Liverpool. When the team went a goal up and the opposing side starts to have more possession. Those five really Big Centra Defenders across the back are what has seen the game out for victories in those instances. So he is a very valuable member of the squad and he has helped secure many points this season.

The lad has played an active part in earning the team points this season and losing points.

Fans just need to support him during the good and difficult moments the same as the other members of the team.

Potter should and can support Burn privately during the bad moments but if he keeps attacking press and fans for having an opinion then they will jus sit and wait for moments like this to open another thread to have a go at him.

Sometimes it is better if a player can fly under the radar. It would be nice if people cut Dan a wee bit more slack and then maybe he will become less erratic in performances.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Not Premier league standard in my view and definitely a weak point. He tries his best and it's not his fault he is continuously selected but we need much better than him if we want to push on. He is miles behind the rest of the defence..

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Being everywhere doesn't make up for 2 goals hey. Compare him to Veltman whi was also everywhere. Nice bloke with 100% commitment but a very weak link...

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Gives 110 per cent but is a centre half championship standard being played out of position so not good enough for this level but not his fault and always gives his best

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Rubbish. Dan had a good game tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here