Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burn

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you’re right and he was knackered from ‘supporting every attack’ then that is something that can be changed/learned from. Perhaps he shouldn’t be running up and down the pitch supporting every attack if it affects his defensive capability.

CH is not coming back, sorry.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He got beat for the first on the halfway line, but Dunk and White hold just as much blame as Burn for the first - Dunk basically more so as he simply got into a position where he did nothing.

The second, there are so many players around Townsend we simply have to stop the cross, there is no way he should have had the space to get that in. I’m not making an excuse for Burn, but he had ran up and down that pitch in the second half supporting every attack, that he was a bit dead on his heels in the 94th against a sub who’d been on 10mins. I don’t know why neither Dunk or White had tracked to the far post because there was no one else in the box and no one else looking to cover Benteke with Burn, both Dunk and White covered positions that had no one around them. Both goals they can look at collectively rather than individual error.

The majority of goals are collective. But we gots to have a whippping boy. NSC rules.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
CH is not coming back, sorry.

I don’t want him back, so don’t be. Doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion about the hybrid attacking/defending roles we are currently asking of the likes of Dan Burn. There is a balance to be struck and as everyone is still ‘learning,’ I think we can all accept the possibility that it can be tweaked.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I don’t want him back, so don’t be. Doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion about the hybrid attacking/defending roles we are currently asking of the likes of Dan Burn. There is a balance to be struck and as everyone is still ‘learning,’ I think we can all accept the possibility that it can be tweaked.

We've conceded 7 goals in 9 games this year and got 13 points. In the preceding 9 games we conceded 11 and got 8 points. So despite Monday being a kick in the teeth we are definitely developing and addressing weaknesses. The hardest of course will be scoring more goals.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dan Burn available for selection on Saturday

You picking him?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seems to me is he only plays because he is tall and an out ball when keeper kicks long. We have a problem on left. If Veltman plays LCB I cant name any potential WBs that have the ability to help out in defence

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Think if we have Burn and Zeqeri defending that side Newcastle could well concentrate attacks down there

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems to me is he only plays because he is tall and an out ball when keeper kicks long. We have a problem on left. If Veltman plays LCB I cant name any potential WBs that have the ability to help out in defence

What more does Veltman have to do in order to prove he doesn't need a defensively minded wing-back, along side him?

Veltman and Zeqiri on the left, with Zeqiri told to 'push them back'.
After all we are at home to Newcastle.

I reckon I could pass as a half decent wing back with Veltman as cover and I'd spend 89mins curled up in a giant ball crying my eyes out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here