Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Big fan of Sanchez.

He's my second choice keeper in FPL. Sitting on the bench with a clean sheet and a bonus point incoming. Goddamnit! :lol:

Was about to say the same. Left him on the bench as the pessimist in me couldn’t see a clean sheet. Now hoping McCarthy doesn’t play for Southampton!

As others have said it’s so refreshing and vital how he catches corners and free kicks, instantly taking the pressure off our defense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yep. We're better at set pieces now. I know it's become and Albion cliche but Ryan was a bit too small and just didn't command his box well enough.
Really excited to see how the kid develops- sky is the limit if he gets his head down IMHO.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Sanchez has already made 6 more saves than Ryan having played less games. Potter made the right decision ditching Ryan but just did it too late.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The whole defence has improved because of Spanish Bob.

The players seem to have so much more confidence in Sanchez than Ryan . You can see that they are less panicky when high balls come into the box, and we look very good defending, again.

Confidence is so much of football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think anything's gone past him where we could honestly and with certainty say, 'Ryan would have saved that.' I do think he's got to a few things that Ryan might not have, though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes! A chant!

Spanish Bob, he's our keeper so splendido
What a keeper, oh mi corazón
Spanish Bob, he's our keeper so splendido
What a keeper, oh mi corazón

A word of warning [MENTION=36353]schmunk[/MENTION], I don’t think we’re allowed to talk in foreign now we’ve left the EU.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Was about to say the same. Left him on the bench as the pessimist in me couldn’t see a clean sheet. Now hoping McCarthy doesn’t play for Southampton!

As others have said it’s so refreshing and vital how he catches corners and free kicks, instantly taking the pressure off our defense.

He was even standing on the edge of the 6 yard box for a corner towards the end, he knew he'd claim it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He’s been an improvement on MR from day one imho. I really rate him.

If his form continues, this will save the club resources to spend elsewhere on a CF and LB.

The entire point of the academy.

It will save us having to go spend £60m on players per summer and will pay for itself with a smattering of 1 to 5 m sales.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm delighted that he has taken his chance, he has all the attributes to be an outstanding goalkeeper. I also feel that with Sanchez doing so well that Walton will stay and get an opportunity because it was looking like we were ready to splash some cash on a new number 1 which would've spelt the end for Walton.

A three of Sanchez, Walton & Steele will be better than many in the league

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Ice Man. So cool, calm and confident. Love the guy and great seeing his loyalty rewarded. Coming over here at a young age from Spain can’t have been easy.

A good nickname for him. He's so stony faced, i'm not sure who i'd rather play at Poker out of him and TB. OK, it would be Robbie ... but he's quite stony faced

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He’s been an improvement on MR from day one imho. I really rate him.

If his form continues, this will save the club resources to spend elsewhere on a CF and LB.

Nailed it westy .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How tall is he, out of interest?

1.97m according to Wikipedia, so between 6'4" & 6'5" I guess.

Personally, I think it's taken a few games to really start getting his confidence together in terms of dominating his six yard box, but today was hugely encouraging in that respect. Some of the crosses he came for were by no means easy takes, ie on the edge of the goal area and with a crowd of players in the way. It was brilliant to see him clutching every one, and that can only make him and his defenders more confident.

There's no hiding place for a young keeper (and 23 is young in that context): while he's not been flawless, his attributes are undoubtedly a positive, and the more he continues in this vein, the better he will become (as will we, surely).

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
He’s played well, not made a mistake as such, that East Ham goal he prob thought he could of done better with.
Whenever he’s on camera he looks bored! Which for me shows he’s calm and relaxed.
Long may it continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here