Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could well be that. Just watched it again and there could have been a small deflection (real or expected) off either Welbeck or Webster. Oh well! Somebody needs to ask Dunk.

No... he probably didnt get a minute of sleep last night, think he is better off not getting reminded about it : )

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The cold facts of the matter are that West Ham had 4 shots on goal and we let in 2. Those were the type of stats that got Matt Ryan dropped (For balance, so did we). He may well be one for the future and he has shown ability - the Sheff utd free kick being the prime example - but he didn't have the best game yesterday and I can't believe a team with the stated ambition of top 10 aren't looking around for another keeper in this window.

There is no timescale for this stated ambition of top 10. There was a whole thread on this. Whether or not a specific player fits the ambition in 2020/21 is neither here nor there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The cold facts of the matter are that West Ham had 4 shots on goal and we let in 2. Those were the type of stats that got Matt Ryan dropped (For balance, so did we). He may well be one for the future and he has shown ability - the Sheff utd free kick being the prime example - but he didn't have the best game yesterday and I can't believe a team with the stated ambition of top 10 aren't looking around for another keeper in this window.

One for the future indeed - so let's hope the 'future' starts with matches against Arsenal, Wolves, Man. City and Leeds - and carries on from there.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We are interested in WBA goalie......english 20 year old?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The ball for the second goal was right on Dunks head. There was no way he was coming for that. If Dunk had done his job and got a decent contact there would have been no second goal.
Of course you're right.

But there would have been an alternative narrative:-

- if only the keeper was taller.
- if only the keeper commanded his area.
- if only the centre backs trusted the keeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't see them letting us have him as much as a good signing as he'd be.

Only 18 months left on his contract.

They might not have any choice in the matter.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Do you think we are looking for another keeper in this window?

Quite possibly yes, but only because Ryan’s poor form has forced the club’s hand so late on. We need 3 keepers. No reflection on Sanchez and he deserves to keep the shirt at the moment.
Surely any signings we make in January will be in the context of a relegation battle rather than aiming for top 10 ? I can’t believe there are any board meetings where the executives sit around discussing finishing top 10 this season. If I am wrong then they need to take their heads out of their *****

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could have done better for the OG but some of his distribution today was very good, specifically the ball to Zeqiri for the penalty and the ball to Trossard for what should have been a goal. Also made one really good claim from a cross (or maybe a free kick?) towards the end.

That's handy I can just write:-

This

Instead of all of that.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
20210112_111329.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
... and Walton on the bench last night, so Maty Ryan is 4th choice now?

I don’t think it’s like that. There’s not a place for Matty.

If you’re going to put faith in a young goalkeeper why would you have the experienced former number one looking over his shoulder every game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If only we had a montage of us taking our opportunities at the other end. Maupay should have at least got a shot off when put through, dallied to long and lost the chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here