Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyway going back to the app, before downloading it I was getting a weekly report from my phone saying all the places that I have been to, so using an excuse of intrusion or infringement of civil liberties goes out the window.
Surely this is better than having to sign in a book with your name and number and that book left out for all to see, is that not a data protection breach?
M&S Shoreham went in the cafe today, they were asking everyone if they had used the app, if not they they were taking contact details from customers.

Jeremy Vine on radio 2 yesterday said that a lot of people were putting his name down and giving radio 2 telephone number as contact details.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can shop-owners and staff refuse entry if I am not wearing a face covering?

Shop owners and staff themselves can call the police to enforce the rule or refuse the person entry. However all passenger train companies recognise the Sunflower lanyard and even if someone is not wearing one but is exempt, they would not be refused travel.

Will I be fined for not wearing a face covering?

In England and Scotland, those who do not adhere to the rules face a fine of up to £100. It will be reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days.

Compulsory mask-wearing will be enforced by police, according to the government, rather than shop owners and staff themselves, who can call the police or refuse the person entry.

Most large shops have told staff not to confront members of the public who are not wearing a face mask.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Morally, I feel I really ought to. Realistically, I can’t. From everything I’ve read, the app is nowhere near accurate enough for me to risk being told I need to self-isolate for 14 days. Having had no meaningful Government support throughout, I can’t just write off 2 weeks’ work unless there’s a cast iron reason.
But you wouldn't solely rely on the app to self isolate for 14 days. It will let you know if you have been in contact, you then take a test to see if you have it. During that time and hopefully a negative result you self isolate.

It's the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But you wouldn't solely rely on the app to self isolate for 14 days. It will let you know if you have been in contact, you then take a test to see if you have it. During that time and hopefully a negative result you self isolate.

Think someone said as well the app will only advise you to self isolate if you've had that sustained contact with someone who has tested positive so in that respect it doesn't seem too bad

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone know how this actually works? If you go into your phone settings you can see some of the 'background' aspects of this. If I go to my Google account I get this, 33 checks in 14 days:

Screenshot_20200925-205339_Google Play services.jpg

Then if I click exposure checks, I get this, which is presumably (actually the text says this?) when the app has accessed the NHS?

Screenshot_20200925-205406_Google Play services.jpg

Then if I click the latest time I get this:

Screenshot_20200925-205418_Google Play services.jpg

So what's the 'number of keys' about?

Is that how many other people I have been in close contact with, I.e. 60?

Edit: I did try looking can't figure it out!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Anyone know how this actually works? If you go into your phone settings you can see some of the 'background' aspects of this. If I go to my Google account I get this, 33 checks in 14 days:

View attachment 128777

Then if I click exposure checks, I get this, which is presumably (actually the text says this?) when the app has accessed the NHS?

View attachment 128778

View attachment 128779

I've also looked but have no idea. The times it has picked up exposure checks are mostly times I've been in the flat alone with no other devices so I'm not sure what it is checking

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

View attachment 128777

View attachment 128778

View attachment 128779

It tells you here -
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01297

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Confused by the suggestions from the apps Twitter that they cannot accept NHS or ONS test results, seems a massive oversight only to be accepting Serco or private tests

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Confused by the suggestions from the apps Twitter that they cannot accept NHS or ONS test results, seems a massive oversight only to be accepting Serco or private tests
I have had about 10 tests but not with NHS nor ONS so I can't put my results in the app. Presumably, 10 negative results from the same person would skew the results anyway.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Launched today,but will you bother with it ?:shrug:

Yes. Bearing in mind it takes virtually no effort and no cost to install it, and the fact that it might do some good, but won't do any harm, why on earth would anyone not 'bother with it'?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

But Bluetooth is not accurate enough to know whether you’ve been within 2 metres of someone and therefore at risk. I can’t afford - literally - to self isolate because of an app that throws out false positives, even if it is for a few days. Fine for all those employees out there with financial support, but not me.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Comes down to the same ol' thing: responsible members of society trying to do what's best for people they know and people they don't know vs selfish covidiots convinced of their own immortality and furk everybody else :shrug:

Not everyone has a smart phone that can support it.

Still, you make your sanctimonious judgements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here