Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mistrust of this government, indeed most, is common enough. I would say on this singular matter that it would be a major mistake for the vast majority of the population not to get behind. Always have those that row the other way, even in wartime. Have to accept that. But don’t let silly conspiracists or political agendas cloud your normal sensible judgement here. It’s too serious for that. It’s the great test of our times, our grandparents rose to theirs. Don’t fail in your national duty during ours. Just help in every way you can, including this. Takes no time at all.

See post #303 and my response to Bozza. The "multiple quote" thing was not there when i wanted it. I have notedthe mood from a number of peopke whose views and comments I generally respect and take seriously.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do I have to download it to give it my 0 out of 5 rating?

Brilliant, just the 'look at me' community spirit based comment we need right now.

Sod the rest, I'm ok, but I'll have a pop anyhow.

During WW2 in the shelters and tube stations I bet you'd have been a right laugh. Pushing oldies out of the way with your man bag to get your place first.

Well played.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not necessarily. It might be a question of whether you think anything this government does is going to work. They haven't got a very good record of thinking things through, covering all the angles.

I downloaded it and have since deleted it . NHS tests which are positive cannot be recorded on it, seemingly only private ones.
I have anecdotal evidence from a trusted friend who works for the NHS, but also am reading several reports saying the same thing.
Btw it is Serco Test and Trace, not NHS.

I wish it had been given to the NHS to run.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I downloaded it and have since deleted it . NHS tests which are positive cannot be recorded on it, seemingly only private ones.
I have anecdotal evidence from a trusted friend who works for the NHS, but also am reading several reports saying the same thing.

some people weren't sending codes for results, not fault of the app but the administration around the tests. apparently fixed now anyway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
But you wouldn't solely rely on the app to self isolate for 14 days. It will let you know if you have been in contact, you then take a test to see if you have it. During that time and hopefully a negative result you self isolate.

It's the right thing to do.

That's not true though is it?

a) You can only get a test if you have symptoms.
b) It may take (in my own experience) 5 days to get a result.

I should add that I have downloaded the app (before I get banned from the thread :lol:)

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
nope. its bluetooth, its prone to using battery on some phones not so much on others.

Battery probs with bluetooth do seem to be a feature for some phones. For those who dont use bluetooth much at home an option would be to switch it off at home as you are likely to know your close contacts there so can report if necessary without using the app. Similar to nurses etc who have to turn it off when at work.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reported what looked like a glitch as feedback over the weekend. The Venue History records when you enter and when you leave a venue. No idea how it records when you leave cos you don't swipe out AFAIK. So my two venues are recorded as:

Venue#1 15:15 -16:15
Venue#2 16:00 - 00:00

I was only in each venue for about an hour :shrug:

Shome mishtake shirley?

I read the sign in somewhere we "checked into" yesterday and it said something like...

- You will remain checked into somewhere until midnight that day
- ...unless you check into another venue, in which case you will be checked out of the previous venue

From example, I'd guess that the minimum checkin period has been set to be one hour.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I read the sign in somewhere we "checked into" yesterday and it said something like...

- ...unless you check into another venue, in which case you will be checked out of the previous venue

From example, I'd guess that the minimum checkin period has been set to be one hour.

Ah, right, cheers for that, makes sense :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

In the words of the old song: “I second that emotion”. I abhor the view which runs through the present government that it will be better and cheaper if it is done by the private sector, which has been palpably rubbish over track and trace. And if it is genuinely only recording private tests it won’t be much use. I’m even more confused!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the words of the old song: “I second that emotion”. I abhor the view which runs through the present government that it will be better and cheaper if it is done by the private sector, which has been palpably rubbish over track and trace. And if it is genuinely only recording private tests it won’t be much use. I’m even more confused!

The explanation at present is that it is a glitch.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the NHS doesnt have a few thousand people on standby to do testing, so outsourced it. meanwhile the part that is blocking is test results not coming back from labs, including NHS labs not providing codes.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....results-from-hospitals-or-phe-labs-in-england

So they have fixed it. No private health conspiracy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The explanation at present is that it is a glitch.

the NHS doesnt have a few thousand people on standby to do testing, so outsourced it. meanwhile the part that is blocking is test results not coming back from labs, including NHS labs not providing codes.

It's a mammoth undertaking to get right at the first attempt, I guess.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

Does that mean if I get a coffee @3pm in a venue and stay for 30mins but don't check into anywhere else that day, my visit is recorded as 15:00 - 23:59. Then if somebody else uses same venue at 7pm and later tests positive for Covid19, I will receive message to isolate family (including taking Kids out of School) until we get tested negative?

Even though I would not have gone anywhere near the original infected person?

D

Deleted member 2719

WATCH 'Test and Trace Exposed'
tonight, Monday 28 September at 7.30pm on
@BBCOne

I wonder how this will go, the BBC ripping into the tories again, and getting some leftie who has wet the bed, no doubt. Yes, they will drag up some bitter so-called professional who want to whistleblow also. Same old script from the desperate media to show their propaganda.

I hope they mention the most significant issues, like Cock Wombles who are rebelling the system politically, that will end up killing thousands of innocent people, by spreading negative news and not obeying the rules.

Yep, the Cock Wombles they suck in the negative vape being spread like a triple strength virus through society.

I wonder how balanced a program that will be???

Surely even you Thunderbolt can't support this stuff?

I will be tuning into Corrie as it is a far more accurate picture of what is happening in our country.

Gary Windass is likely to be taking Audrey Roberts around the back alley, while Tracy Barlow gets it all covered on her iPhone with her recently installed Covid19 app.

Coronation Street 7.30pm Tonight 'Test And Tracy Exposes'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's a mammoth undertaking to get right at the first attempt, I guess.

But it was tested on the IOW and in Harringey so I assume that the testing would have discovered the issue with test codes.
Which would indicate that the Government either decided to issue the app with a known issue, or their testing programme was no robust and they set the bar too low to ensure they could sign off on the release.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Does that mean if I get a coffee @3pm in a venue and stay for 30mins but don't check into anywhere else that day, my visit is recorded as 15:00 - 23:59. Then if somebody else uses same venue at 7pm and later tests positive for Covid19, I will receive message to isolate family (including taking Kids out of School) until we get tested negative?

Even though I would not have gone anywhere near the original infected person?

Absolutely not.

If you had been in close enough proximity, for long enough, with a person who had a confirmed Covid positive test result, in that coffee shope or anywhere else, then you will be advised to isolate.

That's the only thing that triggers it, not scanning a QR code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here