Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thanks for that. He is exactly what we’ve been looking for. Not sure where the winger thing comes in from other posters. He looks central.

He has had 7 games for Argentina but has spent just 11 minutes in one as a striker. He is normally left or right wing for them (and has score a few goals from that position).

Whilst he can clearly play any position across a front 3, he is not the No.9 I think we need the most. I see him a being a replacement for Izquierdo/Ali-J, someone to give direct competition to Trossard but a bit different in that he is left footed. He seems to score at around 1-in-3 and misses a fair few.

Hopefully we are looking at a natural No.9 to compete with Maupay too. Someone a little different. Nico’s teammate, Kalajdzic, would be a stunning signing whilst we’re sniffing around Stuttgart.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Shite? He remains the best player in the world. No doubt whatsoever. If you like stats, look at them. If you like football, look at him. It all points in the same direction.

Hardly. He repeatedly kicked the shit out of the English top 6 however.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ational-record-vs-the-premier-league-big-six/

Unfortunately your link sort of backs up Stat Bros flippant remark regarding Messi, as two of the highlights are over 10 years old - maybe he’s not the force he was!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's just my luck to get followed around here by a simpleton.

I support the Albion.
Pretty much everyone here supports the Albion, except you.
I've supported the Albion for well over 40 years.
The demographic suggests most here have supported the Albion for well over 40 years

In my time supporting the Albion, here's just a few of the 'highlights' I (we) have seen:-
(Highlights has ' ' around it because they are not, that's me being sarcastic - a pattern you really should have picked up on by now, but more of that later)

A striker score all his goals on his debut.
A moonwalker.
Mike Trusson.
A DJ trying his luck at that there football ting - not once but inexplicably TWICE.
An absolutely offensive lunatic who's goal was celebrated at the AMEX.
Raphael Meade.
One of our actual highlights cost a set of tracksuits.
We've cheered on Labradors, poodles, pitbulls but mostly tired terriers.
We've seen The Best and he wasn't.
We've had care workers (niche not many will know that) relatives of good players, we even had Kemy.

Being me is a horrifically low point in evolution, I have no idea where that puts you.
But you carry on stalking me here if that's what you need to get through your day, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others here.

But there must be a tiny corner of you brain left that isn't completely bunged up with mozzarella, saying:-

He can't mean Lionel Messi is shite.

For the love of God listen to that voice.

Because in a small off shoot discussion centred around 'not good enough - what more do you people want'.

Anyone who has Bryan waded through the 7 circles of hell that has been Brighton's attacking players for 35 of of his 40+ years calling Messi shite is most definitely being SARCASTIC.

I'd imagine the perfect setting for this little speech would be Meg Ryan standing in the rain in the middle of the night screaming at some ex-boyfriends closed window.

Anyway, I didnt actually think you thought Messi were shite, it was just the perfect post to quote for me to put some emphasis on that he really is still a dirty good, godlike footballer despite quite a few believing he's lost a bit of skill due to not scoring four goals a game any more. I'd put you in the "wanting to be a funny cynic" folder, not the "knows absolutely nothing" one so I'm well aware you dont actually think he is shite. As for me "following" you around, its not really the case. You post a bazillion posts a day, I post post a bazillion, sometimes these posts interact with eachother. There have been and will be posts in the future where perhaps some of this rant would be justified (if I could decipher it) but in this case I just used your post about Messi as a vehicle to highlight how dirty good he still is and perhaps cause some discussion with those who actually believe he cant make it on rainy Tuesday in Stoke or however the saying goes.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
From today's https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Brighton have agreed a club record £25m fee with Stuttgart for Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 23, who scored six goals in 15 appearances during the 2020-21 Bundesliga campaign. (Guardian)

Brighton have rejected a £40m bid from Arsenal for 23-year-old England defender Ben White. The centre-back made 36 Premier League appearances for Brighton last season and earned England call-up in May. (Sky Sports)

Tottenham are interested in signing Brighton and England U21 right-back Tariq Lamptey, 20, who impressed for Graham Potter's side last term before suffering a season-ending hamstring injury in December. (Sky Sports)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They always look good in their videos.
Hmm , I can imagine Neal Maupay looking at this guy and asking, “what’s he got that I haven’t “ ?
The Bundesleague is decent but not as highly rated as our Prem. he scored, I think 6 in 15 appearances. I understand we are not going to sign world beaters but I would not see him as the Messiah .
Still, as GP would say , it would give us options.... :shrug::shrug:
What an odd post he’s a full Argentinian international if that doesn’t tell you something about his quality I’m not sure what will.

And as for Maupay he better buck his ideas up and stop missing four big chances a game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's just my luck to get followed around here by a simpleton.

I support the Albion.
Pretty much everyone here supports the Albion, except you.
I've supported the Albion for well over 40 years.
The demographic suggests most here have supported the Albion for well over 40 years

In my time supporting the Albion, here's just a few of the 'highlights' I (we) have seen:-
(Highlights has ' ' around it because they are not, that's me being sarcastic - a pattern you really should have picked up on by now, but more of that later)

A striker score all his goals on his debut.
A moonwalker.
Mike Trusson.
A DJ trying his luck at that there football ting - not once but inexplicably TWICE.
An absolutely offensive lunatic who's goal was celebrated at the AMEX.
Raphael Meade.
One of our actual highlights cost a set of tracksuits.
We've cheered on Labradors, poodles, pitbulls but mostly tired terriers.
We've seen The Best and he wasn't.
We've had care workers (niche not many will know that) relatives of good players, we even had Kemy.

Being me is a horrifically low point in evolution, I have no idea where that puts you.
But you carry on stalking me here if that's what you need to get through your day, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others here.

But there must be a tiny corner of you brain left that isn't completely bunged up with mozzarella, saying:-

He can't mean Lionel Messi is shite.

For the love of God listen to that voice.

Because in a small off shoot discussion centred around 'not good enough - what more do you people want'.

Anyone who has Bryan waded through the 7 circles of hell that has been Brighton's attacking players for 35 of of his 40+ years calling Messi shite is most definitely being SARCASTIC.

I loved that night at the Goldstone when he scored his 3 against Newcastle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What an odd post he’s a full Argentinian international if that doesn’t tell you something about his quality I’m not sure what will.

And as for Maupay he better buck his ideas up and stop missing four big chances a game.

Crikey he must be a good signing if Justice is positive about it! [emoji6]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This morning I wanted to name check. Chris O'Grady, but it escaped me until a short while ago.

I'm feeling guilty about Raphael Meade's inclusion, because there was another name I was reaching for but still can't quite pull it in.
If it doesn't come to me by lunchtime I'll be asking for help.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He has had 7 games for Argentina but has spent just 11 minutes in one as a striker. He is normally left or right wing for them (and has score a few goals from that position).

Whilst he can clearly play any position across a front 3, he is not the No.9 I think we need the most. I see him a being a replacement for Izquierdo/Ali-J, someone to give direct competition to Trossard but a bit different in that he is left footed. He seems to score at around 1-in-3 and misses a fair few.

Hopefully we are looking at a natural No.9 to compete with Maupay too. Someone a little different. Nico’s teammate, Kalajdzic, would be a stunning signing whilst we’re sniffing around Stuttgart.

Im not sure thats correct, Ive taken this from Whoscored.com, its a breakdown of his season at Stuttgart and his Copa America appearance the other night.. He's clearly most productive as a No9.

NIc Gonzalez.jpg

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It is likely that Leeds and Brighton will be linked with the same players. This is, of course, mostly utter rubbish (Although it may be The Athletic in this case so plausible). The only reason why they are both linked is because they are in the same market bracket. That's how lazy desk journalism works.

'Leeds have made enquiries about x. Brighton, Crystal Place, West Ham, Southampton (delete as appropriate) are also interested'

Most of the time no such enquiries have been made in the first place.

A number of years ago I started a false rumour in Twitter about a player that was plausible Brighton might like. Just to see how far it went. It reached the papers and the pretend ITK Twitter accounts within four days.

Only stopped when 'Naylor said no'.

The secret is always to find out the Q source.

Expected as Premier League rivals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How easy is it to get a medical done on a player while they are away on an international tournament ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here