Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some of the stuff they’ve played in the last 2 seasons is as good as anything ive seen & ive been going since 1993. That includes some of the stuff played in the champions league.

It’s easy against Luton & Barnsley

We ran rings around everyone the year we came up , youre in for a shock

The 3 relegated teams have better squads than you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Brian Clough wasn't a great manager for you therefore you didn't witness a great manager there. That's not how it works.

Biesla is your 2nd greatest manager. You said it yourself. I don't think you can then go on to say you've witnessed loads of great managers after that statement. It just proves how 2nd tier Leeds truly are.

You seem to want to sneer at Leeds' history. Be my guest, it says more about you than Leeds.

Then you erect a straw man to knock him down.

I never said that I witnessed a great manager in Clough at Leeds, I said that Clough was a great manager, but not at Leeds. As was Stein.

Finally you totally miss my point (or pretend to?) about just how extraordinarily good Bielsa is. Forget Clough and consider his successor. Jimmy Armfield took us to the Final of the European Cup (a feat only achieved by a handful of English teams), he was a lovely guy, but not in the same league in a managerial sense as Bielsa, who has only won the second division and probably won't win anything else.

The first team managed itself, basically, after getting Clough fired. The second is a work of art, wrought by a football genius.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Some of the stuff they’ve played in the last 2 seasons is as good as anything ive seen & ive been going since 1993. That includes some of the stuff played in the champions league.

Here's the Albion scoring a Barcaesque goal against Stoke in our first season in the Premier League. It's easy peasy in the Championship when you're allowed the space to play like that.

As has been made clear to you before, we've all been there, you don't get out of the Championship by playing mediocre football, but maintaining that level of performance in today's Premier League (not 16 years ago), is where the challenge sits. Let's see how Leeds fair against tougher opposition that your fan-base seem so eager to dismiss. Leeds are nothing special, the sooner your lot realise this the better, otherwise you're in for a very rude awakening.

[yt]JWXtW4Z0iao[/yt]

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You seem to want to sneer at Leeds' history. Be my guest, it says more about you than Leeds.

I never said that I witnessed a great manager in Clough at Leeds, I said that Clough was a great manager, but not at Leeds. As was Stein.

Finally you totally miss my point (or pretend to?) about just how extraordinarily good Bielsa is. Forget Clough and consider his successor. Jimmy Armfield took us to the Final of the European Cup (a feat only achieved by a handful of English teams), he was a lovely guy, but not in the same league in a managerial sense as Bielsa, who has only won the second division and probably won't win anything else.

The first team managed itself, basically, after getting Clough fired. The second is a work of art, wrought by a football genius.

You were making out that you've had a fair few great managers over the years at Leeds to be able to conclude that Bielsa is up there with the greatest. You even brought up Brian Clough and Jock Stien for some reason?

The reality is Leeds fans haven't seen many great managers. Why? Because they haven't had many.
Your judgment of Biesla proves this.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Why don't you bore off to one of your own sites now. Your incessant blather is of even less interest now Brighton have said no about White. When Brighton say no, they mean no. We might continue laughing at your fanmates on Twitter etc because It's comedy gold and that's the point of the thread. But better as a variety show with different contributors of which there are so,so many. Please go away and leave us alone. You are not the star of the 'deluded Leeds' forum.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Some of the stuff I saw from Lee Trundle was right up there too. But the reality is he was doing it against the likes of Cheltenham and Bury in the lower leagues. You might remember him from when Bristol City graciously loaned him to you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Is he? Really? Talk about getting carried away with a team that won a poor league. I watched a fair few Leeds games and didn't see anything other that a well organised team, much the same as any other that wins the Championship and not as good as Norwich the season before, and look what happened to them.

He has proved himself to being a very average manger. Failing often when in top clubs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Here's the Albion scoring a Barcaesque goal against Stoke in our first season in the Premier League. It's easy peasy in the Championship when you're allowed the space to play like that.

As has been made clear to you before, we've all been there, you don't get out of the Championship by playing mediocre football, but maintaining that level of performance in today's Premier League (not 16 years ago), is where the challenge sits. Let's see how Leeds fair against tougher opposition that your fan-base seem so eager to dismiss. Leeds are nothing special, the sooner your lot realise this the better, otherwise you're in for a very rude awakening.

[yt]JWXtW4Z0iao[/yt]

Thanks for posting that video again. The goal, the penalty save and Dunk's follow up tackle were etched on my memory - but I'd forgotten about Knocky's goal-line clearance in the last seconds!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is he? Really? Talk about getting carried away with a team that won a poor league. I watched a fair few Leeds games and didn't see anything other that a well organised team, much the same as any other that wins the Championship and not as good as Norwich the season before, and look what happened to them.

He has proved himself to being a very average manger. Failing often when in top clubs.

100% this. If he has the cojones to stick around and doesn’t flounce off like he has a history of doing, next season will be the test of his up-till-now mythical and exaggerated brilliance. All he’s done up till now is used a team heavily reliant on other teams promising youngsters to win a poor second tier.

Looking at his deluded and brainwashed disciple’s posts on Twitter, he needs to be finishing minimum top 10, ideally top 6 (back in Europe, obvs) and to have ‘terrorised’ #teamslikeBrighton (and Burnley, Southampton etc).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds have had some truly great managers during that time, they just weren't any good at or for Leeds.

I don't know how old you are but even if they are before your time you must heard of Brian Clough. Two of the greatest managers in British football history. failed at Leeds...

Have we heard of Brian Clough? Former Brighton manager, Brian Clough, or a different one?

Seriously, you’re boring now, with your tedious superiority complex. You’re a fan of a bang average, second-level football club (as are we), with a completely unspectacular history, bar a fleeting period of success, 5 decades ago.

Celebrating your (mostly mediocre) history is fine. But don’t do it by belittling others, most of whom have achieved more, in their own history. Huddersfield and Wednesday, on your doorstep, have won more. Hell, Brighton & Hove Albion were champions of England, a decade before Leeds were even formed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have we heard of Brian Clough? Former Brighton manager, Brian Clough, or a different one?

Seriously, you’re boring now, with your tedious superiority complex. You’re a fan of a bang average, second-level football club (as are we), with a completely unspectacular history, bar a fleeting period of success, 5 decades ago.

Celebrating your (mostly mediocre) history is fine. But don’t do it by belittling others, most of whom have achieved more, in their own history. Huddersfield and Wednesday, on your doorstep, have won more. Hell, Brighton & Hove Albion were champions of England, a decade before Leeds were even formed.

Champions of ALL England

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
My brother's father-in-law is a Leeds fan. My brother saw him today and was teasing him. Told him "I'll let you know when Ben White signs his new contract at Brighton". His (with wife) response was "Oh stop rubbing our noses in it" :lolol:

They also said "There's still a chance he'll sign for us" and "Leeds made Ben White"!! My brother responded "Haha, Ben White made Leeds".

I've met him. Cracking bloke. But he's definitely been indoctrinated into this bizarre group think.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Put this in the Ben White thread as well but maybe more suited here...

Woke up to a lot of #FreeBenWhite stuff. Instagram messages and that Office celeb etc.

I'm really starting to think that Bielsa's contract is contingent on Ben White's signature or simply a CB of similar calibre.

It's all a bit too odd frankly and looks desperate.

Bielsa still hasn't signed and the latest stories say "Marcelo Bielsa is yet to sign a new contract at Leeds because he has been too busy celebrating their promotion to the Premier League.".

SOURCE

I suspect he will sign, and honestly would like to see what he can do with that team (without White) in the Premier League and a fan base that expects to be in the top 6.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I quite like that we have a few resident Leeds fans happily contributing here to a thread called “Deluded Leeds fans”.

For some reason that tickles me.
Welcome to all Leeds fans, and all other fans. As long as we get sensible conversation i'm all for a good constructive conversation. But get silly and you can just feck off as far as i am concerned.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I quite like that we have a few resident Leeds fans happily contributing here to a thread called “Deluded Leeds fans”.

For some reason that tickles me.

Double post.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Screenshot_20200815-193539.png

I've tried to side step all this nonsense but when you see stuff like this! Not so much deluded as neanderthal nasty!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here