Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Has Ben White ever come out and said he doesn't want to play for Brighton? Has his agent? Not sure where all these leeds fans are getting their stories from ???

No, just the one of the frustrating aspects of this story from the silly Leeds lot.

Complete fabrications passsed off as fact.

“Ben has rejected two contract offers”. No source, this has now become gospel in every blog, website, video you name it. Which is more likely, this is made up? Or this was leaked by Albion and or Ben White? (And wrecking his relationship potentially with the board’).

“He doesn’t want to stay at Brighton it’s obvious”. As above. Frabrication passed as fact. Based on a couple of Instagram selfies and fans self made fantasies.

This quite pathetic delusion, on a serious note, has opened my eyes as to how easy it is to manipulate people on social media. Just pass in a “fact” casually that people want to hear. And they will pick it up and happily run with it for you unchallenged. Scary actually. And this is only football.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Also encouraging is the ongoing news that we'd rather loan Duffy to a team outside the premier league (Celtic) than sell him to one in the premier league (WBA or West Ham).
If I'm reading those actions correctly, they must apply to Ben White and Leeds.

The only thing I find odd is White's teammates on instagram speaking out and using the hashtag.
It implies they have spoken to him and he wants to leave.

But they could also have been persuaded to do it by Bielsa or the Leeds board.
They could be doing it to help him personally with his new contract negotiations.
Or they could be doing it for a reaction from the Leeds fans because they miss their adoring fan club (this one is not a joke btw - celebrity and social media feedback is a hell of a drug).
Based on everything I've witnessed in the media I'd say Bielsa hasn't signed, is pressuring Radrizzani, and Radrizzani is working behind the scenes with whoever he can - Noel Whelan, the squad, media, social media, etc.

None of it matters though. He's under contract. He could even strike but at least he wouldn't be playing for Leeds.
They've shown their hand. They are so desperate. I wouldn't give them White at any cost now. We always need teams to finish below us. And the money you make being in the premier league is more important than any bid they could make.

Agree with you.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Which Leeds players have posted stuff?! That's bonkers, Bloom et al will surely not be impressed with that. Leeds have been unbelievably unprofessional over this

It's very orchestrated.

Two or three players using a hashtag. But not the identical hashtag for whatever reason.

I assume today because Saturday is a good day to do it (pretty sure Leeds fans got drunk and spent last weekend doing the same thing).

It's designed to instigate another round of social media bullshit.

And Noel Whelan is now suggesting White pushes through a transfer request.

None of that will go anywhere because his current contract is not exactly Neymar wages. It's not a case of large sums of money going to waste.

Transfer request or striking won't go anywhere. Again, he's not Neymar. He's at the beginning of his Premier League career.

Where is this embarrassing desperation coming from? They should be able to manipulate the fans enough to move on. That doesn't seem an issue.

Is Bielsa standing firm?

They need to move on. They are in the Premier League and haven't signed anyone that's going to be help them. In fact they are weaker currently. It's bonkers.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
You're legends in your own minds, a bang average club with a rich distant history.

You know what? I agree.

Leeds fans definitely have an overinflated ego, combined with low self esteem. Together with a palpable sense of (not undeserved) victimhood. We constantly hark back to the past, (in my case it is is relatively understandable as I lived through it in the late sixties and seventies, those younger have to rely more on a collective folk memory) and we definitely, nowadays, have a very average squad, no money, albeit with a great manager who is probably not long for this world.

But despite all that we have something about us. I would say a certain "je ne sais quoi" but then that would be regarded as being too culpably conversant with languages other than English for this website. :D

Sue me.

For all our faults as a club we make waves. We get noticed, as this immense. preternaturally long, thread attests. We have just been promoted, it happens to three clubs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. So why all your fuss?

If you don't like our over inflated ego, wouldn't it be better not to feed it? Especially when the subject thinks it it better to be hated than ignored?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The more Leeds fans, so called reporters and former Leeds players disrespect us the less chance they have of any more dealings with us.

Fans, ex-players and local hacks are one thing, existing players posting things into the public domain is something the club should pick up on. PB and TB will not be impressed, very unlikely to comment however, but the resolve not to sell will increase. A few words in Ben's ear will undoubtedly be happening. His gf's dad's tweet soon disappeared.

I suppose we are use to a media blackout when it comes to our dealings, somewhat different to Uncle Dicks day, and therefore expect others to follow. The club certainly does when dealing with other clubs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, just the one of the frustrating aspects of this story from the silly Leeds lot.

Complete fabrications passsed off as fact.

“Ben has rejected two contract offers”. No source, this has now become gospel in every blog, website, video you name it. Which is more likely, this is made up? Or this was leaked by Albion and or Ben White? (And wrecking his relationship potentially with the board’).

“He doesn’t want to stay at Brighton it’s obvious”. As above. Frabrication passed as fact. Based on a couple of Instagram selfies and fans self made fantasies.

This quite pathetic delusion, on a serious note, has opened my eyes as to how easy it is to manipulate people on social media. Just pass in a “fact” casually that people want to hear. And they will pick it up and happily run with it for you unchallenged. Scary actually. And this is only football.
Donald Trump became president of the US doing the same thing.

It’s an odd world we live in these days.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You know what? I agree.

Leeds fans definitely have an overinflated ego, combined with low self esteem. Together with a palpable sense of (not undeserved) victimhood. We constantly hark back to the past, (in my case it is is relatively understandable as I lived through it in the late sixties and seventies, those younger have to rely more on a collective folk memory) and we definitely, nowadays, have a very average squad, no money, albeit with a great manager who is probably not long for this world.

But despite all that we have something about us. I would say a certain "je ne sais quoi" but then that would be regarded as being too culpably conversant with languages other than English for this website. :D

Sue me.

For all our faults as a club we make waves. We get noticed, as this immense. preternaturally long, thread attests. We have just been promoted, it happens to three clubs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. So why all your fuss?

If you don't like our over inflated ego, wouldn't it be better not to feed it? Especially when the subject thinks it it better to be hated than ignored?

Why all the fuss

Because of the self obsessed billy big bollocks crap that Leeds have spouted since they got promoted.

I mean Villa were pretty bad last year but Jesus your fans have taken it all to another dimension .... not only the deluded view of being a massive club but the ill informed made up crap about Brighton and Ben White which they pass off as fact.

I’ve genuinely never come across a fan base like it .. honestly if I wasn’t seeing it with my own eyes I wouldn’t believe it was true.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

This isn't twitter / facebook / instagram etc. This isn't 20k #FreeBenWhite tweets in the public eye.

Who are we feeding exactly? You and a couple of Leeds fans who wondered in here?

This is just a place to chat and have banter. Leeds delusion seems a fair topic for a thread, amongst a great number of threads.

Once you all move on this thread will disappear.

Last edited:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's sad to think that Leeds are desperate to sign our contracted player who spent one season on loan to them and helped them win a below average championship. Ben White is the player trusted to get them in the top 6 and European football next season, a player who has never played in the top flight, a player who will have to earn his place in the Brighton team, yes little old Brighton but is a guarantee started for them. How the so called mighty have fallen.
Leeds big club, champions of Europe, my ****ing arse.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It's sad to think that Leeds are desperate to sign our contracted player who spent one season on loan to them and helped them win a below average championship. Ben White is the player trusted to get them in the top 6 and European football next season, a player who has never played in the top flight, a player who will have to earn his place in the Brighton team, yes little old Brighton but is a guarantee started for them. How the so called mighty have fallen.
Leeds big club, champions of Europe, my ****ing arse.

He'll be in training next week with the big boys. Time to see if he can step up.

He'll be part of the team bonding etc. He'll get to play with some of the newer players like Lallana, Bissouma, Trossard, Maupay and old friends like Connolly, Alzate and Dunk etc.

Perhaps that's where all this desperation is coming from. The realisation that, if he's not signed before pre-season training starts, the odds dramatically decrease of him signing for Leeds at all.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You know what? I agree.

Sue me.

Once every 16 years in Leeds case.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He'll be in training next week with the big boys. Time to see if he can step up.

He'll be part of the team bonding etc. He'll get to play with some of the newer players like Lallana, Bissouma, Trossard, Maupay and old friends like Connolly, Alzate and Dunk etc.

Perhaps that's where all this desperation is coming from. The realisation that, if he's not signed before pre-season training starts, the odds dramatically decrease of him signing for Leeds at all.

:clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I wouldnt expect you to know much abuot Brighton or its managers. But to compare Hughton and Potter shows you actually know nothing.

You'd be right in saying Hughton was poor in bringing youngsters through and didnt trust the youth, its a big part in why he was fired, our owner has spent a fortune on our cat 1 academy and training facilities and we have a shit load of young and very talented players in the club as you have witnessed with just 1 of them. But to say that Potter is not of the same ilk shows how little you know of the man.

Lets start with why and how Potter was employed. Brighton headhunted Dan Ashworth,a former pro player and the former elite performance director at the FA, knows all the England youngsters at every level, it was he that created "The England DNA" a system that was responsible for tying the whole England youth set ups from junior to younger teams up to U21 etc to senior team and ensuring consistency across coaching and getting promising youngsters to the top of the game. It was Dan Ashworth, who after being headhunted by our club, and is now our technical director, that said to our owner, Graham Potter is the man you want. He has been admired greatly in the halls of the FA in developing and bringing through youngsters into the team. Having taken an unheard of club near the arctic circle, form the Swedish 4th division to champions of its top division and into Europe to then transform a decimated Swansea after a fire sale of its best players by developing and promoting youth, including Daniel James. He was chosen as exactly the right man to bridge the transition of our fantastic academy set up to the first team and hes already proving it was an inspired choice.

"Harry Potters Dad" where Ben White will allegedly "stagnate", has this year promoted 2 of our academy players straight into the PL squad, Ben Whites bestie Aaron Connolly 19 years old, scored 2 on his debut against Spurs and has since gone onto being picked numerous times and starting in the first team of the Republic of Ireland. The other Steven Alzate, born in this country to English/Colombian parents aged 21, has gone onto full caps with Columbia (whom he chose to represent). Its just absurd how your ill informed fans think we don't promote youth or that Ben White wont progress or flourish here. We have managed his youth to PL first team path impeccably. Maybe Bielsa has used more youth players than Potter thus far, he's had 2 yeas versus 1 and he's promoting them into Championship games not PL ones. We do use a lot of the youngsters in the cup games. Lets see how many untried 18 year olds he throws in next season.

And finally, the one major difference we have, is that our structure, from recruitment, to our academy, our first class training facilities, our former FA elite performance director, our development path manager all the way up to match day squad is a structure where no one individual is irreplaceable, its not a house of cards like you have. Where everything rests on whether Bielsa stays or goes. If Potter chose to leave, as sad as that would be, plenty of other young progressive managers could slot in and the whole structure is un-affected. If Bielsa walked the house of cards collapses.

Pep Guardiola was glowing with praise for him after they narrowly beat Swansea sesaon before and last after our encounters,describing him as "one of the best English managers"

If you can be arsed, Whites Bestie's words...... after signing his new 4 year contract (sound like a footballing graveyard where youth have no chance, and you cant make your national team unless under Bielsa??) https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1745612/connolly-signs-on-for-another-four-years

Sorry if this damages the delusions you keep telling yourself,........He wants to leave, we didnt know what we had on our hands, we carted him off on loan, nobody knew who he was before Bielsa made him, he'll not progress under harry Potters dad, he wants to leave, he's desperate to be Leeds, he's refused 2 contract offers with Brighton...... all of it is made up guff.

Excellent post. Thought it was a bit much when I flicked past it but went back and it’s a superb summary of the vision of the club.

There seems to be no understanding from typically younger fans posting on social media of how organised Brighton are or how Leeds’ stature in the world order has changed. Man City has a squad probably worth more than £1bn. What is the Leeds squad value? I know prices go exponentially up based on skill, pace and youthfulness but I don’t understand where Leeds’ arrogance is coming from. If it’s from the 70s or 90s, they have a rude awakening. You can’t do well in the PL with 15 players. And to flippantly disregard Burnley, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, West Brom, Fulham, Palace and Brighton is a huge mistake.

A good previous post said Leeds might be a great place when you’re doing well but a horrible one when not. Maybe this is why. Going up in some of these fans’ minds has bridged the gap and now they think they overshadow all of these clubs. In reality they are 16 years behind.

As an example, this is our fourth year in the PL which means seven transfer windows so far. In every one of them we have strengthened our youth and first team (since Tony B really).

That vision and early investment now means a large number of very good former U23 players knocking on the door of the first team squad. The best are coming through. We could have 6 or 7 home grown players in three years’ time.

I’m just skimming over playing squads and haven’t even bothered with infrastructure as peterward did that so well.

Some of the Leeds fans are out of their minds. It’s a bad year to get organised for the PL and this is going to hurt the teams coming up.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
You know what? I agree.

Sue me.

What a tit. You've answered your own questions and posed pointless ones, you're the one feeding it with your nonsense.

Flounce off again please.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
There seems to be no understanding from typically younger fans posting on social media of how organised Brighton are or how Leeds’ stature in the world order has changed.

They seem to be in a bit of an echo chamber up there.

My brother suggested we start a business up there because they seem pretty easy to manipulate online.

Anyway, I actually don't think the younger supporters (or footballers) are fully onboard with the Leeds delusion. How could they be? Last time Leeds were in the top flight Ben White was 6yrs old and Lamptey (for instance) was 3yrs old.

It's not ingrained in them.

Sure we can all read about how Uruguay won two world cups, how Forest won two European Cups, how Blackburn Rovers won the Premier League.
But to these kids, what came before them is fairly irrelevant.

History is important. Don't get me wrong. One of my earliest memories was watching Brighton on the telly in the FA Cup Final in 83.
But that's kind of my point. It's in MY MEMORY. I also happen to think Diego Madonna is the greatest footballer this planet has ever seen, because it is in MY MEMORY.

Leeds are in for a rude awakening. And they need to move quickly in the transfer market. Bielsa knows it.

We are the stronger team right now. IN THIS PRESENT MOMENT. That's all that matters.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Oh and regarding Brighton, there are people paying attention, But only people who are invested.

We just have to keep consistently improving. It's on us to prove ourselves and force the opposing fans' respect.

I don't care if they don't understand how well our club is run.
I'm certain they will find out, one by one.

Imagine 10 years ago being told that we'd take 6 points off Arsenal.
Imagine being told that the match was more heated than the north London derby?!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have supported Leeds for more than five decades, going to my first match in 1969.

So I have seen a lot of managers come and go, a lot. Too many.

Bielsa is the best manager since Don Revie during all that time (and therefore in Leeds' whole history) in my view.

His side isn't anything like as good as the teams managed by Wilkinson or O'Leary, he hasn't got players of remotely their quality. Some of them were absolutely world class.

But as a manager only Revie was better.

Don ****ing REVIE?

You have seen / read the damned United I take it? It’s a fact of history that his players were borderline psychopaths and proven cheats. I know your fans can reel off the names of “that” team, Madeley, Sprake and the other studs up brawlers...but come off it mate. There’s a reason that the moniker “Dirty Leeds” will forever be attached to Revies 11.

Classless hack merchants that team. Playing his Leeds was likely to end your career. Brawls at Anfield and Arsenal, cynical ad hominin tackles and off the ball ABH. Yeah. Really classy.

Not one of those players would have survived for 1 game in this age of VAR and unbent refereeing. You’re a joke mate. No one in Yorkshire not actually hailing from the Leeds metropolitan area can stand you...what chance of fans from other parts of the free world taking your part? Slim to none.

And you ponced our manager once Revie took England down the toilet with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here