Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They're reading this shit. No wonder they are deluded. **** me.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...usive-whelan-reacts-to-monster-new-leeds-bid/

Noel Whelan...admits it is "very disappointing" that Brighton are playing hardball but insists a deal is not dead in the water. :lol::lol::lol:

More Whelan:

“From the progression of going to Newport, then Peterborough and then being on loan at Leeds Unite for a full season, all of a sudden they’re interested. They’ve just gone and bought another centre-half so what does that actually say?

“It’s very disappointing, we would love to have him at the club but we’re not going to be held to ransom by a team that’s not even used their own player and if they are going to keep him, then let’s hope they use him or shove him on the bench.

“I’d love him at the club, I’m sure it’s not over, I’m sure there’s other clubs still interested as well but I think it’s pretty poor, I think he probably wants to stay at Leeds quite frankly, he’s settled, likes the environment, likes the manager, loves the club and he gets on with all the teammates.

“The only other option he has is to throw in a transfer request and forfeit any money that’s due to him.”

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
As Brighton FC have no intension of giving Ben White Consent to talk to ANY employee at Leeds Utd football club about a possible transfer, I would assume Leeds are stepping on very thin ice now with the premier League Tapping Up Laws.

The Premier League states the official definition is: "Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."

In short, a player is only able to contact another club to try and agree a transfer if they have the written consent of their current club first.

As long as the player has the written consent of the club, they are able to agree personal terms, even if no official fee has yet been confirmed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
True.

Great trophy though, beautiful and historic and classy which puts the ugly and meretricious looking Premier League one to shame. The whole rebranding of the Championship was rather ridiculous, obviously, the only good thing about it was that they shuffled all the trophies down the divisions. They were devalued of course, but the aesthetic sense remains.
Just occasionally you say something I completely agree with!

I feel the same about the World Cup, don't you? Jules Rimet was a thing of total beauty, absolutely wonderful, its replacement looked like it came from IKEA. Tacky beyond belief, why they gave that lovely old gold trophy to Brazil to keep for ever is beyond me.
Way of the world, I'm afraid. A few years ago I joined the crowds at the roadside to watch the Olympic flame pass by. Straight out of Poundland!

You guys may dismiss it as just a Second Division title, nothing of consequence, but I am not too proud to accept it on our Honours Board. I remember going into administration, I remember the years spent in the Third Division. A trophy like that will do for me right now.
To be fair, I don't think many of us do devalue that title. In fact, most of us were pretty pissed off when we threw it away in 2017. Seven points clear with three games to go, what could possibly go wrong .............................

Thanks Marcelo, you're world class in my book.
Oh come on, you don't expect me to agree with that! :)

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...usive-whelan-reacts-to-monster-new-leeds-bid/

Noel Whelan...admits it is "very disappointing" that Brighton are playing hardball but insists a deal is not dead in the water. :lol::lol::lol:

More Whelan:

“From the progression of going to Newport, then Peterborough and then being on loan at Leeds Unite for a full season, all of a sudden they’re interested. They’ve just gone and bought another centre-half so what does that actually say?

“It’s very disappointing, we would love to have him at the club but we’re not going to be held to ransom by a team that’s not even used their own player and if they are going to keep him, then let’s hope they use him or shove him on the bench.

“I’d love him at the club, I’m sure it’s not over, I’m sure there’s other clubs still interested as well but I think it’s pretty poor, I think he probably wants to stay at Leeds quite frankly, he’s settled, likes the environment, likes the manager, loves the club and he gets on with all the teammates.

“The only other option he has is to throw in a transfer request and forfeit any money that’s due to him.”

wow, What a prick

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You seem to want to sneer at Leeds' history. Be my guest, it says more about you than Leeds.

Then you erect a straw man to knock him down.

I never said that I witnessed a great manager in Clough at Leeds, I said that Clough was a great manager, but not at Leeds. As was Stein.

Finally you totally miss my point (or pretend to?) about just how extraordinarily good Bielsa is. Forget Clough and consider his successor. Jimmy Armfield took us to the Final of the European Cup (a feat only achieved by a handful of English teams), he was a lovely guy, but not in the same league in a managerial sense as Bielsa, who has only won the second division and probably won't win anything else.

The first team managed itself, basically, after getting Clough fired. The second is a work of art, wrought by a football genius.

Nobody erects a straw man to knock it down. Thats a totally false prospectus. You wont find an Albion fan who wouldnt acknowledge how great the team was under Revie in that era 50 years ago. But what happens consistently is that Leeds fans with their over inflated opinions of themselves, real delusions of grandeur are oblivious to their true standing in the football pyramid in 2020, The entitled, derogatory and sneering behavior is where it starts, you act like you're Liverpool or man United when a better comparison is Nottingham Forest - and when those of a non Leeds persuasion push back against the utter baloney, put downs, made up rubbish/fantasy your fans portray as fact, with the reality of who you really are as a club in 2020, its met with howls or derision - Im sure, most fans of other clubs would agree with this assessment of your fans, the only ones who dont see it, are your fans. You live in deluded bubble of your own making.

You're legends in your own minds, a bang average club with a rich distant history. And for Clough at Leeds read Bielsa at Lille. He's done great for you, no doubt but if you judge him over his career and full CV his record is a lot more up and down than his present success with Leeds or former success with Newells OB. Both are fantastic achievements, the context lies in the full picture, not the distorted view of just 2 of his many positions, without including failures. I think he's a good coach, creative thinker and very detailed, but he's not as great as the God like status bestowed upon him by Leeds fans.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

More Whelan:

They are ALL full of shite, Leeds Live, The Yorkshire Evening post, All spouting nonsense about Ben white signing for them Everyday. It's got out of control and brainwashed the easier to influence Leeds supporters.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Here's the Albion scoring a Barcaesque goal against Stoke in our first season in the Premier League. It's easy peasy in the Championship when you're allowed the space to play like that.

As has been made clear to you before, we've all been there, you don't get out of the Championship by playing mediocre football, but maintaining that level of performance in today's Premier League (not 16 years ago), is where the challenge sits. Let's see how Leeds fair against tougher opposition that your fan-base seem so eager to dismiss. Leeds are nothing special, the sooner your lot realise this the better, otherwise you're in for a very rude awakening.

[yt]JWXtW4Z0iao[/yt]

doesnt really show the full extent of our hoofball does it.... this is a better video of our upfield punt and fluke!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

More Whelan:

This is all part of the problem, and not the fault of Leeds fans.....from Leeds Live saying "we never used him, or wanted him and carted him off on loans" to this utter made up horseshit from an ex Pro, all of it is simply lies and Leeds centric propaganda...... in the same way the Russians or North Koreans have no access to objective factual news, but just narratives......nor it seems do Leeds fans who only read Leeds based publications. Its literally made up BS, a narrative of shit to feed this false superiority complex, that becomes established fact to the simpletons who believe it, no wonder they're deluded.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You wont find an Albion fan who wouldnt acknowledge how great the team was under Revie in that era 50 years ago.

You will. They can take all their pots and medals and caps and chuck them in a big dustbin because they won them through cheating.

I've nothing against post Revie Leeds, but was always convinced of, at least his, guilt over the match fixing allegations. They came from so many different sources with no reason to make it up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As Brighton FC have no intension of giving Ben White Consent to talk to ANY employee at Leeds Utd football club about a possible transfer, I would assume Leeds are stepping on very thin ice now with the premier League Tapping Up Laws.

The Premier League states the official definition is: "Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."

In short, a player is only able to contact another club to try and agree a transfer if they have the written consent of their current club first.

As long as the player has the written consent of the club, they are able to agree personal terms, even if no official fee has yet been confirmed.

How ? All indications are that they have simply submitted a couple of bids for his contract, which they are entitled to do.

All this is just noise from club supporters.

There is no evidence he is pushing for a move either. In fact, evidence of anything is rather thin on the ground here.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

More Whelan:

The best thing is we have not put a price on Whites head, we have told them he's not for sale. It's Leeds that seam to be hiking up the price.
The was one person say on Twitter that he believes we will not sale to Leeds but would to Chelsea for £15 million.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The best thing is we have not put a price on Whites head, we have told them he's not for sale. It's Leeds that seam to be hiking up the price.
The was one person say on Twitter that he believes we will not sale to Leeds but would to Chelsea for £15 million.

Also encouraging is the ongoing news that we'd rather loan Duffy to a team outside the premier league (Celtic) than sell him to one in the premier league (WBA or West Ham).
If I'm reading those actions correctly, they must apply to Ben White and Leeds.

The only thing I find odd is White's teammates on instagram speaking out and using the hashtag.
It implies they have spoken to him and he wants to leave.

But they could also have been persuaded to do it by Bielsa or the Leeds board.
They could be doing it to help him personally with his new contract negotiations.
Or they could be doing it for a reaction from the Leeds fans because they miss their adoring fan club (this one is not a joke btw - celebrity and social media feedback is a hell of a drug).
Based on everything I've witnessed in the media I'd say Bielsa hasn't signed, is pressuring Radrizzani, and Radrizzani is working behind the scenes with whoever he can - Noel Whelan, the squad, media, social media, etc.

None of it matters though. He's under contract. He could even strike but at least he wouldn't be playing for Leeds.
They've shown their hand. They are so desperate. I wouldn't give them White at any cost now. We always need teams to finish below us. And the money you make being in the premier league is more important than any bid they could make.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also encouraging is the ongoing news that we'd rather loan Duffy to a team outside the premier league (Celtic) than sell him to one in the premier league (WBA or West Ham).
If I'm reading those actions correctly, they must apply to Ben White and Leeds.

The only thing I find odd is White's teammates on instagram speaking out and using the hashtag.
It implies they have spoken to him and he wants to leave.

But they could also have been persuaded to do it by Bielsa or the Leeds board.
They could be doing it to help him personally with his new contract negotiations.
Or they could be doing it for a reaction from the Leeds fans because they miss their adoring fan club (this one is not a joke btw - celebrity and social media feedback is a hell of a drug).
Based on everything I've witnessed in the media I'd say Bielsa hasn't signed, is pressuring Radrizzani, and Radrizzani is working behind the scenes with whoever he can - Noel Whelan, the squad, media, social media, etc.

None of it matters though. He's under contract. He could even strike but at least he wouldn't be playing for Leeds.
They've shown their hand. They are so desperate. I wouldn't give them White at any cost now. We always need teams to finish below us. And the money you make being in the premier league is more important than any bid they could make.

Not sure his teammates have posted anything. Players at Leeds have though.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

More Whelan:

Wow it’s not a wonder that their fans are absolute rockets when their ex players are equally cracked

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here