Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not everyone is terrified so are getting on with enjoying what their hard earned money can allow them to.

There will also be a few that had money but didn’t work at all to get it..

Those cheeky low rate delayed repayment company loans no doubt have paid for a new kitchen here, loft conversion there and a cheeky trip to Marbs......

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I had a holiday booked to Orlando with BA, flights and hotel, going in September. I wasn't going to go even if we were allowed so was expecting to lose the non-refundable deposit. BA have just cancelled the holiday and returned the deposit without me even asking. Nice. [emoji3]

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
So if you do travel against FCO advice, an you be stopped from travelling? Just want to know if anything actually happens if you decide to go? Have flights booked to our house in Tenerife on 13th and still planning to go. Just don't want to be refused travel for whatever reason but cannot find a definitive answer??

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So if you do travel against FCO advice, an you be stopped from travelling? Just want to know if anything actually happens if you decide to go? Have flights booked to our house in Tenerife on 13th and still planning to go. Just don't want to be refused travel for whatever reason but cannot find a definitive answer??

I would check your travel insurance, particularly the medical cover. If you are traveling against Government advice you may not be covered.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I would check your travel insurance, particularly the medical cover. If you are traveling against Government advice you may not be covered.

I understand the travel insurance but as well as quarentine, that's clear cut. But if you choose to travel, you can travel? You won't be stopped anywhere?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You won't be stopped from travelling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No guarantee that this won’t change though. Foreign travel now comes with a risk that the rules are changed last minute so people have to factor in this risk when booking.

It'd be surprising to see a complete ban on travel to Spain or similar, like you would see on travel to Iraq or Syria during a war. And by that point the airline will stop flying PDQ

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The main issue you have is travel insurance, local consul might not be that helpful either if you get into trouble aboard.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Any NSCs holidaying in Thorpeness Suffolk at the moment, seen a lad with an Albion shirt on twice today with Dunk on the back.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
France to be added to the 2 week list next week then by the looks of it.

I'm in st Tropez at the moment and places are getting shut left right and centre. Zero social distancing , big parties everywhere. Crazy !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Any NSCs holidaying in Thorpeness Suffolk at the moment, seen a lad with an Albion shirt on twice today with Dunk on the back.

Perhaps it WAS Dunk? Surprise move to Ipswich.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

There's always a risk that Tenerife stop foreign nationals from entering, although unlikely. When we left Tenerife during their lockdown at the end of March the inbound flight from Gatwick had about 10 people on it and 6 of them were turned straight back round as they weren't Spanish nationals. At least 2 of them owned property and there was an almighty fracas but they were still put straight back on the flight

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just back from Lanzarote, half-empty plane on the way back and two weeks quarantine here we come.

No papers checked at Gatwick when returning however did complete the on-line UK Government portal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just back from Lanzarote, half-empty plane on the way back and two weeks quarantine here we come.

No papers checked at Gatwick when returning however did complete the on-line UK Government portal

Where were you? Playa Blanca? Was there might open? Heard mixed reports.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I went down the beach for a swim after riding home from work yesterday, perfect weather and a warm calm sea. Life is a holiday sometimes.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
We have a villa booked on Cyprus for mid September, New guidance for Cyprus says we need to have had a negative Covid test in the 72 hours before we travel. NHS testing is only for people with symptoms and a few other groups. There are some private medical companies offering tests for holidays but it's going to cost about £150 each. Anyone else tackling this?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where were you? Playa Blanca? Was there might open? Heard mixed reports.

Playa Blanca and not much open.

We left two Thursdays ago and were moved to another hotel after a week as ours shut, all staff made redundant as well. Most shops are shut, a few restaurants and bars are open, even some Dino Supermarkets were still shut and being re-stocked slowly to re-open.

Glad we made the decision to go all inclusive.

There are far more hotels totally shut then open and really not many people there at all, luckily we were with TUI so could stay out there unlike all the Jet2 people who were all forced home early.

By the time we left there were more Spanish people than other European Counties in the hotel.

Positives, no-one around so plenty of sunbeds, no queuing ever for meals but it takes time to get used to when and when not you need a face mask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here