Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contact Tracing App

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's the problem with jumping to the last page of a thread :wink:

In fact, it was a critical pre-requisite to opening up the lockdown and due to be rolled out across the country this week. Johnson said so.

But it's only a small part of track and trace and not essential, as Johnson said more recently (at about the point that it became obvious the rollout date was missed) :lolol:

Whether its the owners of the Ritz and the Vote Leave machine, they need to be looked after it seems. Johnson needs to repay the favours

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least you can ultimately vote them out. How do you vote out the likes of Apple and Google?
The best strategy is not to let Cummings near my data.

My 1 vote gives no power in practice to vote him out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Apple Google App doesn't harvest all the data off the device, which then would allow a profile to be built up of the user.

This would then enable Cummings' Crew to run a Cambridge Analytica type analysis of the profile to micro-target political messaging and nudge the user's "free" will.

So running a trial of the Apple Google App is pointless for Cummings.

nice conspiracy, the app design is from NHSx not Cummings and chums. if they are involved they're enablers for what NHS want to do. a Apple/Google solution could easily be used to do Cambridge Analytical type profiling, if you just ignore their licence agreements and access the metadata.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
nice conspiracy, the app design is from NHSx not Cummings and chums. if they are involved they're enablers for what NHS want to do. a Apple/Google solution could easily be used to do Cambridge Analytical type profiling, if you just ignore their licence agreements and access the metadata.

Not true.

The Cummings App is produced by Faculty - which is a company run by Cummings' buddies.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Not true.

The Cummings App is produced by Faculty - which is a company run by Cummings' buddies.

not as i've read/heard, they are involved in the data analysis backend piece and at least two other companies are in involved with infrastructure and the application. the architecture for the application is by NHSx either way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
not as i've read/heard, they are involved in the data analysis backend piece and at least two other companies are in involved with infrastructure and the application. the architecture for the application is by NHSx either way.

That's certainly not my understanding of it, so could you give some links to the source of this information please. Thanks :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
That's certainly not my understanding of it, so could you give some links to the source of this information please. Thanks :thumbsup:

sure, this one in Newstatesman notes the NHSx, Oxford university involved in desgin, company Pivotal, and Palantir (have links to Cambridge Analytica too). this one in Techcrunch the NHSx CEO seems to taking a clear ownership of the app's architecture, and notes some interesting evasion of whether GCHQ were involved.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
sure, this one in Newstatesman notes the NHSx, Oxford university involved in desgin, company Pivotal, and Palantir (have links to Cambridge Analytica too). this one in Techcrunch the NHSx CEO seems to taking a clear ownership of the app's architecture, and notes some interesting evasion of whether GCHQ were involved.

I'm sorry, but the only reference to design or development of any of part of the system, in both those fairly lengthy articles, is this sentence from the first link

'NHSX, the NHS England innovation unit, is leading the project, and development of the app is reportedly being carried out by Pivotal, a subsidiary of American software giant VMware'.

Now, I think we are all aware that NHSX are leading the project, and there will be a number of companies involved but there is no reference whatsoever to your assumptions

the app design is from NHSx not Cummings and chums
i've read/heard, they are involved in the data analysis backend piece
the architecture for the application is by NHSx either way

I'm sorry but you have either put up the wrong links or misinterpreted what you have read :shrug:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I'm sorry but you have either put up the wrong links or misinterpreted what you have read :shrug:

fair enough, i cant say any more. i thought it was clear design came from Oxford acedemic team. is there any evidence that Cummings and his associates directed the approach NHSx took?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
fair enough, i cant say any more. i thought it was clear design came from Oxford acedemic team. is there any evidence that Cummings and his associates directed the approach NHSx took?

I'm afraid you thought wrong again. The risk algorithm came from the Oxford academic team. It says so very clearly in your article ???

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just keeping up to date while all the Cummings stuff is taking the headlines. As of yesterday

How many Covid alerts have been issued by the NHS track-and-trace app being tested on the Isle of Wight? Only ONE person has been found... and it's the local MP's girlfriend

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8351301/How-alerts-issued-NHS-track-trace-app.html

It also includes the video of the Government daily briefing from the beginning of May where Hancock says it will be rolled out by 'mid May'.

1st June this 'world-beating' Track & Trace system will be in place across the country - B Johnson (mid May).

7 days till 1st June ???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just keeping up to date while all the Cummings stuff is taking the headlines. As of yesterday

How many Covid alerts have been issued by the NHS track-and-trace app being tested on the Isle of Wight? Only ONE person has been found... and it's the local MP's girlfriend

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8351301/How-alerts-issued-NHS-track-trace-app.html

It also includes the video of the Government daily briefing from the beginning of May where Hancock says it will be rolled out by 'mid May'.

1st June this 'world-beating' Track & Trace system will be in place across the country - B Johnson (mid May).

7 days till 1st June ???

Quoting the DM, nice one.

Still, I hope you feel better after that little moan & groan :clap::thumbsup:

Better out than in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quoting the DM, nice one.

Still, I hope you feel better after that little moan & groan :clap::thumbsup:

Better out than in.

I know that you have a reputation for saying stupid things, but you do realise the end result of incompetence on this project is that more people die :facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know that you have a reputation for saying stupid things, but you do realise the end result of incompetence on this project is that more people die :facepalm:

I see, thanks for clarifying how serious this global pandemic is.

Terrific insight.

I'm sure leaders around the world are meeting with their advisors and saying 'How can we make this worse?'

I worry sometimes, but I'm sure your updates from the Daily Mail will keep us in the loop.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The thread title needs to be changed to something more appropriate -" [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] continually congratulates himself" is more descriptive!

Also more descriptive is this quote from the article:

But having spoken to dozens of islanders the only person The Mail on Sunday found who had heard of anyone receiving an alert was the Isle of Wight's MP Bob Seely.

They must've clocked up plenty of OT asking dozens of people!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thread title needs to be changed to something more appropriate -" [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] continually congratulates himself" is more descriptive!

Also more descriptive is this quote from the article:

They must've clocked up plenty of OT asking dozens of people!

Since the Government doesn't give any updates on the progress of this critical project (other than to push back the live date), I feel it is my civic duty to ensure that NSC is kept up to date with developments :shrug:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
That's the problem with jumping to the last page of a thread :wink:

In fact, it was a critical pre-requisite to opening up the lockdown and due to be rolled out across the country this week. Johnson said so.

But it's only a small part of track and trace and not essential, as Johnson said more recently (at about the point that it became obvious the rollout date was missed) :lolol:

I am glad they didnt go with the south korean app which disclosed personal information to everyone they met to the point where adulterers were outed since even though it was put up as anonymous it was obvious who they had spent time with.

So this uk app will keep your data for 20 years for comparison the Australian app has stated it will be deleted as soon as the pandemic is over...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So I gather have the AP is no longer that important. Heard someone in government say its the cherry on the cake but not the cake??

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I gather have the AP is no longer that important. Heard someone in government say its the cherry on the cake but not the cake??

To be fair to them, they have been consistently saying that this once key element is now the cherry, ever since it missed it's roll out date 2 weeks ago (and possibly before that when it was obvious it wasn't going to happen) ???

In fact, here is the opening post of the thread

Millions of people in the UK will soon be asked to track their movements to limit the spread of coronavirus.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has announced that the trial of a "test, track and trace" programme will start on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday. All residents will be asked to download an app.If it's successful, the programme will be rolled out to the rest of the UK.

What do think of this idea? Will it work, in your opinion? Importantly, will you download it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here