Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Tackle was amazing, that's true, but watch highlights. Ben was mainly involved in ALL Liverpool chances and goals (thank You VAR). Main problem: bad positioning and really bad marking in defensive set pieces - also was not really lucky today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tackle was amazing, that's true, but watch highlights. Ben was mainly involved in ALL Liverpool chances and goals (thank You VAR). Main problem: bad positioning and really bad marking in defensive set pieces - also was not really lucky today.

Agree twice he played them onside / very nearly played them onside as the last man. I know that Bielsa manager nobody had heard of until Leeds fans made out he was God has had a year with him, but we need to correct some of the poor coaching from that year in division 2.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....helsea-monitoring-brighton-defenders-progress

Interesting that article mentions Wyscout a lot but no mention of sources for this story.

I wonder if his agent is involved somewhere again, seem to remember he liked Sky Sports!

Do you need a source to believe that they are monitoring his progress? Young English central defender doing well in the Premier League... yeah I think they've heard of him and are "monitoring" him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Do you need a source to believe that they are monitoring his progress? Young English central defender doing well in the Premier League... yeah I think they've heard of him and are "monitoring" him.

Yes, obviously, that’s what I’m getting at.

It’s a strange article specifically referring to him being the 4th best defender according to Wyscout and why now? Seems very much like agent work to me, theres no reason for such an obscure story to suddenly appear.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Gareth Southgate is also “monitoring” Ben White.

And be assured as soon as he signs for City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool he will be immediately called up to the England squad.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Usual click bait, space filling, lazy journalism.

Stats are one thing and actually playing the game is another. Whilst he's been good, I wouldn't label him 'outstanding' like Lamptey.

Why would Ben go to one of those clubs and be 3rd or 4th string defender? Opposite move to Lamptey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Usual click bait, space filling, lazy journalism.

Stats are one thing and actually playing the game is another. Whilst he's been good, I wouldn't label him 'outstanding' like Lamptey.

Why would Ben go to one of those clubs and be 3rd or 4th string defender? Opposite move to Lamptey.

He's played in, at least, 3 different positions.
He's played in a back 3, 5 and 4.
At no point has he looked 'lost'.
To my untrained eye he even seems to be improving, game on game.
He's only played in 8 (?) Premier League matches.

"Been good" already seems a little harsh.

Lamptey is fast, exciting and given the pitch to enjoy.
White is given considerably more responsibility and so far he's proved himself more than capable of handling it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here