Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unfortunately for a part of the Brighton fans Ben White suffers from being English and relatively local so we will always pick out the faults in his game rather than the good bits.

If he was called Ben Whiteio from the continent or something then he would get an easier time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Happy to see him go to Liverpool for stupid money but I don’t think Liverpool are that kind of club.
They have always liked bargains and we don’t play patsy for anyone thanks to TB.
Same with Chelsea, they like to splash the cash like they did on the goalkeeper they now regret signing but they wanted Lewis Dunk on the cheap. Unlucky.
Trust in the boss.

Liverpool haven't scrimped and saved in their dealings with us. They wanted Lawrenson and just went out and spent a club record on him. They paid well for Robinson too, with no messing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unfortunately for a part of the Brighton fans Ben White suffers from being English and relatively local so we will always pick out the faults in his game rather than the good bits.

If he was called Ben Whiteio from the continent or something then he would get an easier time

Benito Bianca, or Benja Blanco does sound a lot cooler.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Liverpool haven't scrimped and saved in their dealings with us. They wanted Lawrenson and just went out and spent a club record on him. They paid well for Robinson too, with no messing.
Blimey, that was a long time ago with different people involved at both clubs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree he wasn’t a bargain at the time until Man U paid 80 million for Slabhead! They also got megabucks for Suarez. My point is they don’t splash the cash like other clubs notably Man U, Chelsea and Man City. I am not being critical of them at all, I am just saying I think it is very unlikely they will push the boat out for Ben White.
They only splashed to cash because they were flush at the time. They aren’t now.

Completely agreed. Liverpool's strategy has been excellent in terms of signings. They've only spent mega-bucks on two players, and they were two missing pieces of a jigsaw. I still think that what they paid for VVD and Alisson was decent enough value*, but their signings of Robertson, Mane, Firmino, Salah, Fabinho and Wijnaldum all look like utter bargains -- especially when compared to their PL-chasing rivals.

*Within the crazy inflated market conditions that we have to endure, of course

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Not really. Loads of foreign Brighton players get more stick from some fans than the local ones who get a free pass.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not remotely concerned about bids for him or any of our other young talent.

Tony's not selling for anything other than truly ridiculous sums of money .... which Liverpool won't stump up.

Plenty on here will have heard Tony say he wants to make us a top ten team and have concluded he doesn't really mean what he says or that he's not a man to be taken seriously.

Don't really get how you'd conclude that to be honest

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not remotely concerned about bids for him or any of our other young talent.

Tony's not selling for anything other than truly ridiculous sums of money .... which Liverpool won't stump up.

Plenty on here will have heard Tony say he wants to make us a top ten team and have concluded he doesn't really mean what he says or that he's not a man to be taken seriously.

Don't really get how you'd conclude that to be honest

This - I reckon it would take an eye-wateringly high bid, plus the player’s head being properly and irreversibly turned for us to even listen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This - I reckon it would take an eye-wateringly high bid, plus the player’s head being properly and irreversibly turned for us to even listen.

Or relegation.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Lamptey isn't getting stick from anyone and he could play for England.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well there must be something about Ben White seeing how many clubs are supposedly monitoring him. He has done alright in his games thus far

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet Barber-Out didn't sing up to a loan to buy clause with Leeds.

Just imagine how good their defence is, in order for them to loan him to us for a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here