Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think we're going to get more than one season out of him. I suspect we'll flog him and bank the cash money, look at who else we have at CB. We have plenty of stock in that position and although he's superb and potentially as good as Lewis Dunk, I think we should bank a huge fee for him. The club should be self-contained and, frankly, I don't see it being impossible to achieve our top 10 aim and bank the cash from White.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
There's no way he has the experience to replace VVD.

To sit alongside him maybe - which may have been the plan before VVD's injury.

Makes good headlines. He clearly has the X-factor in that respect (thanks Leeds fans!).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don't think we're going to get more than one season out of him. I suspect we'll flog him and bank the cash money, look at who else we have at CB. We have plenty of stock in that position and although he's superb and potentially as good as Lewis Dunk, I think we should bank a huge fee for him. The club should be self-contained and, frankly, I don't see it being impossible to achieve our top 10 aim and bank the cash from White.

I agree with this. Fully expect him to leave this summer for mega money. We have lots of other options and it is not a bad thing to show that if players do well they can get their big move. Obviously not backwards steps as some fans of other clubs thought might happen this season but a big giant leap to a big club? Sure.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
100k a week... to win trophies, play champions league football and get in the England side..... any good ? hehe

100k?!!!...50 - 100% ++, more likely.
Keep up, we've went decimile, you know.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
There's no way he has the experience to replace VVD.

To sit alongside him maybe - which may have been the plan before VVD's injury.

Makes good headlines. He clearly has the X-factor in that respect (thanks Leeds fans!).

Clearly this, and he doesn't have the physical stature either. Intercepting, playing out from the back - but not winning every header etc. He would have been a potential Gomez replacement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lazy journalism, Young English player, Liverpool known to have sent scouts to watch him at Leeds + Main CB for Liverpool out for the season makes this the perfect rumour to start on a slow news day.

I love the way papers word things ‘Brighton are likely to DEMAND more than 50m’ like that’s not the going rate nowadays for any half decent young English centre back.

I’ve just got a hunch that they’ll go in big for Coady at Wolves. Makes so much sense in a lot of ways.

Wolves will the use the dosh to buy one of Portugal’s most promising young centre backs, Francisco Ferro or even Diogo Leite.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Joe Gomez suffers potentially serious injury in England training. A Liverpool move for Ben White looking more likely I wonder?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Joe Gomez suffers potentially serious injury in England training. A Liverpool move for Ben White looking more likely I wonder?

Happy to see him go to Liverpool for stupid money but I don’t think Liverpool are that kind of club.
They have always liked bargains and we don’t play patsy for anyone thanks to TB.
Same with Chelsea, they like to splash the cash like they did on the goalkeeper they now regret signing but they wanted Lewis Dunk on the cheap. Unlucky.
Trust in the boss.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Happy to see him go to Liverpool for stupid money but I don’t think Liverpool are that kind of club.
They have always liked bargains and we don’t play patsy for anyone thanks to TB.
Same with Chelsea, they like to splash the cash like they did on the goalkeeper they now regret signing but they wanted Lewis Dunk on the cheap. Unlucky.
Trust in the boss.

I’m not so sure that £75m VVD was a bargain. They went big on Thiago, Alission, Jota...

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A bargain in hindsight, yes. At the time, no.

Agree he wasn’t a bargain at the time until Man U paid 80 million for Slabhead! They also got megabucks for Suarez. My point is they don’t splash the cash like other clubs notably Man U, Chelsea and Man City. I am not being critical of them at all, I am just saying I think it is very unlikely they will push the boat out for Ben White.
They only splashed to cash because they were flush at the time. They aren’t now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is it just me or is Ben White not looked very good for us so far?

Probably because he’s being played out of position in a crap team

Think it's you mate

But it is fair to point out he's not in his normal position, also his age and lack of experience at this level. We're not a crap team

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Is it just me or is Ben White not looked very good for us so far?

Probably because he’s being played out of position in a crap team

I think it’s just you and possibly Leeds fans. He is playing with the big boys now and it’s a step up. I think he doing pretty good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it’s just you and possibly Leeds fans. He is playing with the big boys now and it’s a step up. I think he doing pretty good.

This. 8 games into a PL career, already played in 2 positions and looked mostly pretty decent despite the significant step up in opposition. He’s doing alright. Only frustration for me is he’s really keeping Alzate out of the side.

Interesting to see how Potter shuffles things with Dunk back after the break.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben’s pass in the build up to our winning goal against Villa was sublime.

Maupay had not helped him with a difficult ball to control as he lobbed it towards the Englishman.

However, he brings it down instantly and then threads a ball to Groß that is perfectly weighted on the deck making it easy for the German to pick our the player of his choice.

There are only a handful of centre backs who could have done what Ben did on Saturday, unfortunately, his January suitors are going to get a good look at him this weekend. Any attempt to steal him should be met with a price tag that would make the Wan-Bissaka fee look like loose change.

Jimmy Grimble

Not to mention his goal saving tackle/block as the ball was cut towards Watkins, who would’ve had a straightforward finish. He made it look effortless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here