[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He really needs to get rid of that leech of an agent.

Perhaps he should employ someone from NSC to promote his skills.

Sure he'll be playing for Accrington Stanley inside a year, but at least he'll instantly stop being linked with 'big clubs'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He really needs to get rid of that leech of an agent.

Why is his agent a leech out of interest? If he can get a move to Man Utd, Liverpool etc then fair play to them both

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Leeds fans would be in meltdown if this happened...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-11-20 at 11.29 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 12-11-20 at 11.29 AM.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 244

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Personally I don’t think he is important enough to us when compared to hype over the summer.

He’s a solid footballer but it’s an area we are strong in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Here we go again, a big club mentioned and there are folk here already pulling their skirts down and ready to accept whatever’s given to them.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Here we go again, a big club mentioned and there are folk here already pulling their skirts down and ready to accept whatever’s given to them.

I don’t see anyone saying they would accept whatever’s offered? Not prepared to accept anything other than a decent price but when it comes I’m pretty sure the club will cash in and the first proper return on investment for the academy will be achieved. I don’t see Ben leaving having any impact on our performances either based on what I’ve seen so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not so much that, but if we can realise maybe double what the entire academy cost to establish and wipe out 2 season's losses by the sale of a single player (not necessarily White - applies to anyone) - assuming we have adequate cover that's at least as good, Potter/Ashworth are happy etc etc - then it might happen. If we continue to bring players in, and produce from the academy, there will have to be some sales at some point. One massively profitable sale now and again, providing it doesn't materially weaken the squad, could be considered sensible management. It's quite likely at some point we'll get a player we simply can't hold on to due 'head turning'/ambition/greed or whatever other factors are in play. We're not going to pay the £100k/week + some of our best talent might be able to command with a bigger club at some point.

Do I think we'll sell him in January ? Absolutely not

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

where's anyone saying that?

though this is kinda the point of the academy, to find, nurture and sell talent. if we can keep them here for a few seasons along the way we have best of both worlds, lots of talent and lots of revenue.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
where's anyone saying that?

though this is kinda the point of the academy, to find, nurture and sell talent. if we can keep them here for a few seasons along the way we have best of both worlds, lots of talent and lots of revenue.

A few seasons? Yeah but Ben’s just played 11 games...?

No problem selling players, but there are other players ahead of the list we can sell before Ben White. And we’re hardly League One penniless anymore.

But then there were people here telling me we should have accepted Leeds’ £20m offer at the time, what do I know.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But then there were people here telling me we should have accepted Leeds’ £20m offer at the time, what do I know.

I would have sold for a bit more (plus massive sell-on) if it meant we could have got, say, Ollie Watkins.

As great as White is, we don't need him as much as... goals.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

dont think there were, unless from Leeds.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The way I look at it, we are half way to building a top-ten Premier League team. The REAL quality is Dunk, White, Lamptey, Bissouma, Welbeck. Plus Llallana, half the time. There are quite a few other decent players who would get into lower-Prem teams, and a few would be in the "top ten" category if they could be a bit more consistent (eg: Trossard). Unless we desperately need the money, I can't imagine that Tony will sell any of the real quality players. His strategy when we just missed out on promotion in 2015/16 was to keep the team together, despite big offers for some (Stephens, Dunk...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports