Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Rumour doing the rounds this morning that Leeds have had a £30m bid rejected.

Don't know how true this is but if it is, surely, that's that from Leeds.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think we would be looking to sell if Chris Hughton was still in charge, but Ben White is probably the most Potter/Ashworth type player we have. He will certainly be part of our plans. It would take a huge bid from one of the 'big 6' for us to consider selling IMO.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very unreliable account. Even so it isn’t enough. Would cost more to replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bloody hope it’s true, would be both a massive statement of intent, and may finally help 1000’s break free from their ridiculous Leeds centric delusions of grandeur.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why would Ben White buy a house in Worthing if he was really wanting away?

My guess is he has been told loud and clear we are not selling unless the offer is absolutely astronomical. Even £30m isn't that. He seems like a very grounded lad and I reckon he is now fully ready and preparing to play for us next season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would Ben White buy a house in Worthing if he was really wanting away?

My guess is he has been told loud and clear we are not selling unless the offer is absolutely astronomical. Even £30m isn't that. He seems like a very grounded lad and I reckon he is now fully ready and preparing to play for us next season.

Agreed. If it was a flat or apartment I'd agree. But even on £5k-£10k a week - a £900k+ house is a huge investment. You don't buy that to then 'rent out' next month because you're moving up north.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn’t use the Worthing house as any indication. I expect he will be able to afford more than the one property.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wise words of WACCOE

“ As I said, any other club bids that, they accept. Just acting like spoilt brats at the moment because they know where he wants to be”:tantrum::tantrum:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed. If it was a flat or apartment I'd agree. But even on £5k-£10k a week - a £900k+ house is a huge investment. You don't buy that to then 'rent out' next month because you're moving up north.

He wont be on 10k a week for long if that's what it is currently, if he stays with us that will be trebled in a new contract easily.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
"It remains to be seen if Ben White returns to Elland Road but amid reports of there being two bids rejected by Brighton, the chances of that happening appear low."

They are finally waking up!

The 'he's not that good' have already started on WACCOE

"He wasn't tested enough."
"Cooper is just as good"
"He'll regress under Potter"

Aye, okay lads. That's why you've embarrassed yourself all over the internet for the last 2 weeks... because he's not that good. :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wont be on 10k a week for long if that's what it is currently, if he stays with us that will be trebled in a new contract easily.

Sure - but I am not sure that is how mortgage lenders evaluate applicants ???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Playing devils advocate, If he goes without a handing in a transfer request, doesn't he pick up a percentage of the transfer fee?

10% of £30m is a tidy windfall, enough to cover the cost of his holiday home down south.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Playing devils advocate, If he goes without a handing in a transfer request, doesn't he pick up a percentage of the transfer fee?

10% of £30m is a tidy windfall, enough to cover the cost of his holiday home down south.

Yeah and enough left over to buy a few streets in Leeds

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I thought players got 5% not 10 (but I'm not absolutely certain of this). Still tidy, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here