Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

It is absolutely astounding the amount of Leeds fans who are failing to understand or recognise the very purpose of the loan system to develop young players.

What makes you think Bielsa will do so well in the Prem? Different ball game to the Championship (I seem to remember you completely fell apart the end of his first season in charge, surprising considering he's the messiah

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
anybody listen to that albion unlimted thing tonight? this below was written on WACCOE, any truth?

"Albion podcast (Albion Unlimited) which has a couple of club insiders is broadcasting right now. They just touched on Ben White, and indicated that they thought he'd be sold, although they weren't sure if Brighton would sell to Leeds. Seemed to be the consensus over there though that he WOULD be sold, if not to Leeds then to a top 6 club"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

I'm not sure you've really looked at, nor thought about, White's carefully managed progress...

2017/18 - League 2 - Newport County
2018/19 - League 1 - Peterborough United
2019/20 - Championship - Leeds United

You've got your promotion and we're not even asking for you to credit Brighton & Hove Albion with the assist we clearly deserve. Without Ben White, it could be yet another episode of the hilarious Leeds United Chokers comedy show, and Bielsa, your messiah, would have ****ed off by now.

We're very thankful for these three small lower league sides in helping Ben White develop and get the valuable game time he simply wasn't going to get at a Premier League club - he just wasn't ready. We've no problem in acknowledging your help in getting Ben White ready for prime time - take an assist for that if you like.

Good luck finding a decent centre back of your own. I'd like to say it's difficult but we're bloody drowning in them down here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
anybody listen to that albion unlimted thing tonight? this below was written on WACCOE, any truth?

"Albion podcast (Albion Unlimited) which has a couple of club insiders is broadcasting right now. They just touched on Ben White, and indicated that they thought he'd be sold, although they weren't sure if Brighton would sell to Leeds. Seemed to be the consensus over there though that he WOULD be sold, if not to Leeds then to a top 6 club"

It was Warren and Jonny I believe, that was all I thought was on it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It was Warren and Jonny I believe, that was all I thought was on it

Thx, yeah someone wrote earlier it was Warren and Jonny, i just wondered if anyone listened, did they really say, that they thought he would be sold, or is that more made up garbage?

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
The words 'delusional' and 'deluded' seem to be popular words.

Ok, any idea why Ben White has rejected two improved offers by Brighton? Can anyone answer this?

Because he’s an in demand player so he (and/or his agent) believe they can get more money out of Brighton?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
English supporters and rivalries are very passionate. I think you Swedes are a bit more laid back (purely judging from those I have known in football and those I’ve worked with).

Dunno about that, all Englishmen I know/known living here were quite amazed how loud, electric and not rarely violent it gets here.

Either way my worries is not that he might have a difficulty coping with supporters/rivalry, but rather with everyone hyping him to apeshit levels... the pressure from that could get immense. A lot of young footballers gets destroyed by that.

Luckily he seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Ok, any idea why Ben White has rejected two improved offers by Brighton? Can anyone answer this?

Has he?

Based on what? A tweet from one of your Leeds mates? Name your facts and sources sir.

Think about it.

Ask yourself what’s most likely. Our club leaking that, Ben White and his agent leaking that (and wrecking the relationship with our chairman), or one of your fans making it up?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thx, yeah someone wrote earlier it was Warren and Jonny, i just wondered if anyone listened, did they really say, that they thought he would be sold, or is that more made up garbage?

Not really Warren said he maybe but only if it suited. Nothing more than what we all know, he doubted it would be Leeds

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

"Albion podcast (Albion Unlimited) which has a couple of club insiders is broadcasting right now...."

And they talk about *us* being obsessed?!

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
Has he?

Based on what? A tweet from one of your Leeds mates? Name your facts and sources sir.

Think about it.

Ask yourself what’s most likely. Our club leaking that, Ben White and his agent leaking that (and wrecking the relationship with our chairman), or one of your fans making it up?

Probably Ben White's agent, yeah. If he's wanting out i'm not too sure he'll be too concerned about 'wrecking the relationship' with your chairman.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Firstly, there is no concrete evidence that White HAS rejected two contract offers. But even if he has, that seems to be the way his agent conducts business. When he was on loan at Newport County (in February 2018), with about 16 months left on his deal, there was a newspaper report that he had rejected an improved contract offer from Albion and that Liverpool and Tottenham were monitoring him. The next day, the local paper down here reported that Albion were in discussions with him on a new deal.

The bad news for you guys is that two months later ..... he signed a new three-year deal, with Albion.

Now, if you wish to believe that any such rejection of a new contract offer this time around is because he is DESPERATE to play for Leeds, fill yer boots (but don't say you weren't warned if, and when, Albion announce that he has penned a rather lucrative new deal).

By the way, his agent seems like a piece of work; he's previously been fined £7,500 by the FA and banned for 14 months due to the way he chooses to conduct business.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No one says Ben is ours, he's yours. No one is really answering my question without using the word 'deluded' yet again!! If you thought highly of him why have you never played him. He is clearly better than what you had when you loaned him to Leeds so why loan him out when he is already in his 20s? No one seems to wants to answer this. It's just a question but some are skipping the answer.

This is why many of us Albion fans think that many of you Leeds fans are delusional (or just plain stupid).

White was about 6th in line for our first-team squad last summer. He had never played at 2nd tier level in his life. A loan to the Championship was the next stage in his (extremely well managed by Albion) development.

And, as of right now, he has never played at 1st tier level in his life, and he is far from a confirmed starter for Albion this coming season. Assuming he is an Albion player for 2020-21, he will be given an opportunity to earn a starting place and we'll take it from there.

Some Leeds fans (you included?) seem to think you'll just waltz into the Premier League with your existing squad (minus your Young Player of the Season and cornerstone of your defence) and wipe the floor with most teams. Well, we'll see.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
No one says Ben is ours, he's yours. No one is really answering my question without using the word 'deluded' yet again!! If you thought highly of him why have you never played him. He is clearly better than what you had when you loaned him to Leeds so why loan him out when he is already in his 20s? No one seems to wants to answer this. It's just a question but some are skipping the answer.

1)Why have we never played him? - We have, just not in the Premier League. To quote our Chairman we have an ‘abundance’ of Centre Backs, all of whom have more experience than Ben, which is why he has not played in the Premier League yet and that is clearly the next step for him to take.

2) He had not played at Championship level when we loaned him to Leeds which is why we loaned him out in his 20’s i.e to continue his development by loaning him out to progressively higher divisions.

A question for you please, one that Leeds fans avoid - You believe we loaned him out because we didn’t want him, if that is the case why did we refuse you the option to sign him permanently once the loan had ended?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Leeds fan here.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

With all due respect, constructive replies will be quite easy to come by, seeing as you're so spectacularly off the mark. I know you're probably only on here to wind people up, but i'll bite and I'll put it plainly for you, point by point. If we didn't rate him we would've sold him. Probably to one of the two clubs that we loaned him to prior to you. I know its difficult to comprehend that a massive club like Leeds could be used by a tinpot club like Brighton as a stepping stone for the development of one of their players, but that's where 16 years out of the premier league leaves you. The idea that we didn't know about him is purely and wholly an assumption on your part, and actually isn't the case. His potential was very highly regarded by us , and received a good amount of attention from Brighton fans at both of his previous loan spells. Not that it makes a jot of difference to the current situation. He probably enjoyed his time at Leeds thoroughly, and will have many fond memories of you and, you of him, but I see no lack of desire to play for Brighton. Where is it? Is there a transfer request? has he openly said he wants to leave? granted there have been the whispers of a rejected contract offer, but if we're being honest then in all likelihood he just doesn't want to commit to anything too early in the window, which is sensible.He's not the 'best thing since sliced bread' to us, he is a very promising young English centre back with ball-playing ability and a very very high ceiling. In case you hadn't noticed, the going rate for those players is very high these days. And it's not as if this pricing was sprung upon Leeds, there has been talk of a 35M+ asking price since January. That's what we want, it's not a 'ransom' because he willingly signed a contract with us, and it's simply what we've decided he's worth. Pay it or move on. He could of course go to Liverpool or Chelsea, and i do agree with you that he wouldn't play much there and it therefore wouldn't be the best move for him, but to be honest, that's absolutely nothing to do with Leeds whatsoever. If Liverpool pay the asking price and you won't, then tough titty I'm afraid. I think most people would admit that Bielsa is a very good coach, and obviously has more experience than Potter. But so say he 'wouldn't go forward' under Potter is frankly idiotic. We've seen numerous young players come into our first team under Potter and thrive, and we're now seen as one of the most attractive destinations for young players in the country because we have a manager who knows how to foster young talent. you don't convince one of Chelsea's brightest prospects (and one they offered a new deal to) to come by just being some two-bob Sunday league coach. I've humoured you on this post, but generally speaking, if you want some constructive conversation then maybe don't come on here with disrespectful, fact-devoid statements. To be honest, the fact that Leeds fans are actively wishing that a potential signing kick up a massive fuss, be disruptive and force his way out strikes me as very odd. Don't you see how that could come back to bite you? Ah, but of course, he'd never do that to you, because Leeds is the club of his heart (it isn't) and it's the only place he ever wants to be (its not). I am of course being facetious with that last sentence, though I do suspect that there are one or two Leeds fans that genuinely believe that. In any case It doesn't matter. We don't cave in to transfer requests, I'll now link a tweet which demonstrates this for you: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton/status/1292740025361342464?s=20
Again we're seeing a common theme with Leeds fans getting involved in the debate about Ben White, and somewhat ironic considering we've been accused of having no idea about White's qualities, that Leeds fans simply have no idea about our club. Ben is an Albion player, and I'm sure, as a professional, should he pull on the Albion shirt he'll give his all each game, and if not we'll have made a tidy sum. I don't think he'll go to Leeds, for two reason, one I don't think you'll pay the asking price, and two I don't think we'll want to deal with a relegation rival (because that is what you are). Until you do the proper research into how we function as an outfit, you're going to remain bitterly disappointed by your transfer dealings with us. Bolshie statements made through incredibly Leeds-tinted glasses will get you nowhere, and will serve only to make you look arrogant. In fact, the temerity to come onto another clubs forum and say that they're holding their own employee (who willingly signed a contract with them) to ransom, simply because YOUR ownership won't pay the asking price, is frankly both pathetic and childish. Leeds do not have birthright to sign him, and sneering statements from fans who think that we should bow down simply because White enjoyed his time there (and I don't doubt that he did) is delusional, though I appreciate those kind of attitudes come with the territory of being a 'big club'. Regardless, there's no smoke and mirrors as to where the two clubs stand. You have to pay the asking price or you don't get the player, and no amount of sneering, whining, crying or reminding everyone how massive you are will change that.

I hope that clears one or two things up for you, though I won't hold my breath. It probably would've been easier for me to just tell you to F- off

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wish someone would tell him. Where did 22,000 come from? Post lockdown figures? :smokin:

View attachment 126996

They got the figures from this site probably https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2019-2020/1/

Bending the truth somewhat as that includes the last 5 games for us being played behind closed doors. So our total attendance divided by 19 does come out at 22 thousand and something.

The real figures are Leeds 35,321. Brighton 30,356 for games that could be attended. When fans could attend our stadium was actually closer to capacity than theirs. Let's not forget that the last season we were in the same division theirs was approx a quarter empty for most games.

It's easy to bend figures in your own favour but Leeds fans are even more boring when it comes to attendances than that lot up the M23 and their second season syndrome crap.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Doesn’t understand the loan system [emoji3581]

Seriously. Why is this so confusing?

Ask yourself. Why did Tottenham loan out Harry Kane? Why did Man U loan out Beckham, Dean Henderson, Lingard. Why did Chelsea loan out Tammy Abraham?

Did they not rate them?

Starting to see a pattern yet? [emoji2357]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With all due respect, constructive replies will be quite easy to come by, seeing as you're so spectacularly off the mark. I know you're probably only on here to wind people up, but i'll bit and I'll put is plainly for you, point by point. If we didn't rate him we would've sold him. Probably to one of the two clubs that we loaned him to prior to you. I know its difficult to comprehend that a massive club like Leeds could be used by a tinpot club like Brighton as a stepping stone for the development of one of their players, but that's where 16 years out of the premier league leaves you. The idea that we didn't know about him is purely and wholly an assumption on your part, and actually isn't the case. His potential was very highly regarded by us , and received a good amount of attention from Brighton fans at both of his previous loan spells. Not that it makes a jot of difference to the current situation. He probably enjoyed his time at Leeds thoroughly, and will have many fond memories of you and, you of him, but I see no lack of desire to play for Brighton. Where is it? Is there a transfer request? has he openly said he wants to leave? granted there have been the whispers of a rejected contract offer, but if we're being honest then in all likelihood he just doesn't want to commit to anything too early in the window, which is sensible.He's not the 'best thing since sliced bread' to us, he is a very promising young English centre back with ball-playing ability and a very very high ceiling. In case you hadn't noticed, the going rate for those players is very high these days. And it's not as if this pricing was sprung upon Leeds, there has been talk of a 35M+ asking price since January. That's what we want, it's not a 'ransom' because he willingly signed a contract with us, and it's simply what we've decided he's worth. Pay it or move on. He could of course go to Liverpool or Chelsea, and i do agree with you that he wouldn't play much there and it therefore wouldn't be the best move for him, but to be honest, that's absolutely nothing to do with Leeds whatsoever. If Liverpool pay the asking price and you won't, then tough titty I'm afraid. I think most people would admit that Bielsa is a very good coach, and obviously has more experience than Potter. But so say he 'wouldn't go forward' under Potter is frankly idiotic. We've seen numerous young players come into our first team under Potter and thrive, and we're now seen as one of the most attractive destinations for young players in the country because we have a manager who knows how to foster young talent. you don't convince one of Chelsea's brightest prospects (and one they offered a new deal to) to come by just being some two-bob Sunday league coach. I've humoured you on this post, but generally speaking, if you want some constructive conversation then maybe don't come on here with disrespectful, fact-devoid statements. To be honest, the fact that Leeds fans are actively wishing that a potential signing to kick up a massive fuss, be disruptive and force his way out strikes me as very odd. Don't you see how that could come back to bite you? Ah, but of course, he'd never do that to you, because Leeds is the club of his heart (it isn't) and it's the only place he ever wants to be (its not). I am of course being facetious with that last sentence, though I do suspect that there are one or two Leeds fans that genuinely believe that. In any case It doesn't matter. We don't cave in to transfer requests, I'll now link a tweet which demonstrates this for you: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton/status/1292740025361342464?s=20
Again we're seeing a common theme with Leeds fans getting involved in the debate about Ben White, and somewhat ironic considering we've been accused of having no idea about White's qualities, that Leeds fans simply have no idea about our club. Ben is an Albion player, and I'm sure, as a professional, should he pull on the Albion shirt he'll give his all each game, and if not we'll have made a tidy sum. I don't think he'll go to Leeds, for two reason, one I don't think you'll pay the asking price, and two I don't think we'll want to deal with a relegation rival (because that is what you are). Until you do the proper research into how we function as an outfit, you're going to remain bitterly disappointing by your transfer dealings with us. Bolshie statements made through incredibly Leeds-tinted glasses will get you nowhere, and will serve only to make you look arrogant. In fact, the temerity to come onto another clubs forum and say that they're holding their own employee (who willingly signed a contract with them) to ransom, simply because YOUR ownership won't pay the asking price, is frankly both pathetic and childish. Leeds do not have birthright to sign him, and sneering statements from fans who think that we should bow down simply because White enjoyed his time there (and I don't doubt that he did) is delusional, though I appreciate those kind of attitudes come with the territory of being a 'big club'. Regardless, there's no smoke and mirrors as to where the two clubs stand. You have to pay the asking price or you don't get the player, and no amount of sneering, whining, crying or reminding everyone how massive you are will change that.

I hope that clears one or two things up for you, though I won't hold my breath. It probably would've been easier for me to just tell you to F- off

you clearly did better in your GCSE English, than most Leeds fans! Great post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here