Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandatory vaccination?

If we find a safe, working vaccine should it’s application to the public be mandatory?

• YES - of course you idiot, it’s the way out of this mess

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • NO - you dildo, the government shouldn’t have such a level of power

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If some people are dumb enough to believe scare stories about vaccines then leave them to it. All I ask is that presentation of your vaccine certificate is a requirement for entry to the Amex (and any other large gatherings for that matter!).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I realy don't think you understand how science and the publications of results works if you believe that the scientific community has blind confidence in certain theories and is feeding itself. The free thinkers are those that challenge the prevailing view, cf Copernicus. Do you not understand that we have to have ethical approval, peer review and publish our data? Do you think we suppress all ideas contrary to our own when we peer review? Do you think I spend months of my time applying for funding for research when I am only going to say what I'm told at the end? By your own reckoning, given the scale of vaccination around the world do you not think that there would be evidence to support your ideas? How about you produce some of that to at least substantiate your arguments?

I'm not saying all (not even most) science is bollocks, I'm saying some is. As for peer review, the system is pretty far from as magical as some like to think it is, as noted by several scientists (that you should of course not trust blindly either, but its out there if you want to make your own opinion).

"By your own reckoning, given the scale of vaccination around the world do you not think that there would be evidence to support your ideas?"

There is, but its all called "bullshit". Like the fella Harry mentioned earlier; yea his research was flawed and he was funded by some anti-vaccination organisation I cant recall the name of, but if his research was flawed, funded by ie Bayer but showing that vaccines actually causes the appearance of golden unicorns (exaggeration), his "cheating" and his biased funding would never have been called out.

The pharmaceutical companies use the same methods as the tobacco business and other big business trying to prove that their product is safe or efficient.

tobacco.jpg
(available as pdf download here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497700/)

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I'm not saying all (not even most) science is bollocks, I'm saying some is. As for peer review, the system is pretty far from as magical as some like to think it is, as noted by several scientists (that you should of course not trust blindly either, but its out there if you want to make your own opinion).

"By your own reckoning, given the scale of vaccination around the world do you not think that there would be evidence to support your ideas?"

There is, but its all called "bullshit". Like the fella Harry mentioned earlier; yea his research was flawed and he was funded by some anti-vaccination organisation I cant recall the name of, but if his research was flawed, funded by ie Bayer but showing that vaccines actually causes the appearance of golden unicorns (exaggeration), his "cheating" and his biased funding would never have been called out.

The pharmaceutical companies use the same methods as the tobacco business and other big business trying to prove that their product is safe or efficient.

View attachment 122463
(available as pdf download here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497700/)

Andrew Wakefield. He did rather too many things wrong. I also agree that questioning is fundamental.

I had a large grant from a pharma company that wanted to relicence a relatively common drug for another purpose. One of my best publications was a negative result on that study. Not had any money from them since!

Sure, peer review isn't perfect but there are also active communications post publication. Sometimes papers/studiys even get withdrawn or the meta-study/reviews flag them as outliers.

I'd also accept that there will be some adverse responses to vaccinations (like any theraputic agent) but these are far outweighed by their benefit.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If some people are dumb enough to believe scare stories about vaccines then leave them to it. All I ask is that presentation of your vaccine certificate is a requirement for entry to the Amex (and any other large gatherings for that matter!).

Serious question... If you (and the majority of others) have already had a vaccine for covid-19 why would you be concerned about somebody visiting the Amex who hasn't? Surely it's up to an individual if they choose to have something injected in to them? :shrug:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Serious question... If you (and the majority of others) have already had a vaccine for covid-19 why would you be concerned about somebody visiting the Amex who hasn't? Surely it's up to an individual if they choose to have something injected in to them? :shrug:

Vaccines aren't 100% effective and anyone who hasn't had one has the potentially to spread the disease. Also babies can't have them when they are born.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
The whole point of a vaccination prgramme is that it protects both the individual and the community. Being a member of Rotary I have been involved in the polio vacine programme which has now eliminated polio from all but 3 countries. There was already discussion about children starting school needing to have been vaccinated before covid 19. It will be interesting to see how that discussin is changed by what we are going through now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For the record, I haven't even voted. I definitely lean towards YES, but am surprised that it is winning by quite such a margin.

Something about the government physically forcing such a thing on people - even if it's absolutely the right thing to do - still just sits a little funny with me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Good point but it would still be nice to sit in the ground knowing there aren't any knobs around!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right on cue, Novak Djokovic strongly suggests he would vote NO in this poll...

Djokovic opposed to compulsory coronavirus vaccine

The men's world number one tennis player, Novak Djokovic has said he is opposed to vaccination for Covid-19. Djokovic said he would have a "decision" to make if there's a push for players to be vaccinated when tennis starts again.

Speaking to fellow Serbian athletes on Sunday, the 17-time Grand Slam champion said: "I wouldn’t want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel.

"If it becomes compulsory, what will happen? I will have to make a decision. I have my own thoughts about the matter and whether those will change at some point, I don’t know.

"If the season was to resume in July, August or September, though unlikely, I understand that a vaccine will become a requirement straight after we are out of strict quarantine.”

All tennis tournaments are currently suspended until 13 July. Wimbledon has been cancelled for the first time since World War Two, and the French Open has been put back four months until late September.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Voted YES but I wouldn't call people opposed to it idiots, and it may not necessarily be THE way out of "this mess". I would just hope that it is.

It’s just the silly way I always phrase poll options. :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Right on cue, Novak Djokovic strongly suggests he would vote NO in this poll...

Always been suspicion over Djokovic as a potential doper. So no surprise he doesn’t want some new vax ;-)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In a world where Bill Gates and his foundation has been promoting mass vaccination for years, testing on third world populations with very shady results suspected deaths and illnesses, promoted investment in Vaccines as a great buy stock just four months ago, has openly promoted vaccines as a way to depopulate the world, and is now the loudest vocal mouthpiece and person who stands to make the most money for mandatory vaccination around the world I am more than suspicious of anyone saying I have to inject god knows what into my arm.

He is also promoting a world where we have chips inserted into us as part of a vaccine solution. Aligned with 5g tracking capability that is just an Orwellian horror show unfolding before our eyes.

It’s all out there and easy to find with very simple/limited research.

Anyone blindly trusting anything promoted by Bill Gates who lets be honest has no medical qualification whatsoever is a mass media induced sleepwalking lunatic imo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In a world where Bill Gates and his foundation has been promoting mass vaccination for years, testing on third world populations with very shady results suspected deaths and illnesses, promoted investment in Vaccines as a great buy stock just four months ago, has openly promoted vaccines as a way to depopulate the world, and is now the loudest vocal mouthpiece and person who stands to make the most money for mandatory vaccination around the world I am more than suspicious of anyone saying I have to inject god knows what into my arm.

curious how or why he intends to make money from this when he's spent billions on vaccination programmes?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’d say the phrase speculate to accumulate has never been more apt. The Pharma industry stands to make 100’s of billions from a mandatory vaccination programme.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's not the government or the medical community I have a hard time trusting.

It's the large multinational pharmaceutical companies. They have a tendancy to mislead people about the saftey and effecacy of their products, for financial gain, and often at the expense of peoples health.

It's a "No thanks" from me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He is also promoting a world where we have chips inserted into us as part of a vaccine solution. Aligned with 5g tracking capability that is just an Orwellian horror show unfolding before our eyes.

It’s all out there and easy to find with very simple/limited research.

Anyone blindly trusting anything promoted by Bill Gates who lets be honest has no medical qualification whatsoever is a mass media induced sleepwalking lunatic imo.

Its good that you understand. But always remember we lost. Not now or tomorrow but a very long time ago. You mention Orwell and much of what he said was spot on. Its not just the surveillance. Its the whole censorship of thought. The self-censorship born out of a programmed belief in the strong and powerful - the politicans, the media, the "science", the ideologies - and a programmed disregard for the weak; the crazy, the angry, the poor, the dissidents of the streamlined perspective. As Orwell himself said:

“Unpopular ideas can be silenced, and inconvenient facts kept dark, without the need for any official ban. Anyone who has lived long in a foreign country will know of instances of sensational items of news — things which on their own merits would get the big headlines-being kept right out of the British press, not because the Government intervened but because of a general tacit agreement that ‘it wouldn’t do’ to mention that particular fact. So far as the daily newspapers go, this is easy to understand. The British press is extremely centralised, and most of it is owned by wealthy men who have every motive to be dishonest on certain important topics. But the same kind of veiled censorship also operates in books and periodicals, as well as in plays, films and radio. At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is ‘not done’ to say it, just as in mid-Victorian times it was ‘not done’ to mention trousers in the presence of a lady. Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals.

From what I learned from my years in the rabbit hole though, its that knowing its lost is a huge relief. It keeps you away from sharp objects, drinking your own piss and raging at those that just followed the stream. The truth make people crazy but if we just admit defeat its a whole lot easier for us the enjoy the last crumbs of love and freedom than it is for the normies, who - most of them - will always live in doubt.

curious how or why he intends to make money from this when he's spent billions on vaccination programmes?

If you have all the money you need and want, you rather take power.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Its good that you understand. But always remember we lost. Not now or tomorrow but a very long time ago. You mention Orwell and much of what he said was spot on. Its not just the surveillance. Its the whole censorship of thought. The self-censorship born out of a programmed belief in the strong and powerful - the politicans, the media, the "science", the ideologies - and a programmed disregard for the weak; the crazy, the angry, the poor, the dissidents of the streamlined perspective. As Orwell himself said:

“Unpopular ideas can be silenced, and inconvenient facts kept dark, without the need for any official ban. Anyone who has lived long in a foreign country will know of instances of sensational items of news — things which on their own merits would get the big headlines-being kept right out of the British press, not because the Government intervened but because of a general tacit agreement that ‘it wouldn’t do’ to mention that particular fact. So far as the daily newspapers go, this is easy to understand. The British press is extremely centralised, and most of it is owned by wealthy men who have every motive to be dishonest on certain important topics. But the same kind of veiled censorship also operates in books and periodicals, as well as in plays, films and radio. At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is ‘not done’ to say it, just as in mid-Victorian times it was ‘not done’ to mention trousers in the presence of a lady. Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals.

From what I learned from my years in the rabbit hole though, its that knowing its lost is a huge relief. It keeps you away from sharp objects, drinking your own piss and raging at those that just followed the stream. The truth make people crazy but if we just admit defeat its a whole lot easier for us the enjoy the last crumbs of love and freedom than it is for the normies, who - most of them - will always live in doubt.

You sir are a ****ing dick.

You read a great deal but understand **** all.
[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s Tackle was being polite about Andrew Wakefield. The man is a weapons grade c*nt and an abomination to the world of science and medicine.

I never called for anyone to be band from NSC and I’ve never put anyone on ignore but you seriously need to wind your neck in.

I had measles when I was about 2, so around 1966 ish. The treatment was for me to stay at home, with curtains drawn and just hope for the best. I was apparently very close to exiting stage left. It’s a ****ing horrible disease which is easily preventable, but with dicks like you around it will take many young lives. Interestingly, there was a study carried out in Sweden (possibly Norway and Finland as well) into MMR. It lasted some ten years had a sample size of well over 100k. It found that the control group had more incidence of Autism than the MMR group. Wakefield had a sample size of less than 20.

Oh and one other thing. Wakefield ‘only’ had issues with MMR and not a single shot measles jab .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Is it also worth highlighting Bill Gates has a very dubious track record with Jeffery Epstein the known sex trafficker and peadophile?

The guy is scum. It astounds me anyone would trust him.

35bca0752f028c731d023e50dfdc0967.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here